[CE][T] The Secret Turnabout ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Trybien
Spoken languages: English

[CE][T] The Secret Turnabout ●

Post by Trybien »

There is no such thing as a flawless system. No matter how we delude ourselves, the cracks will always appear. When that time comes for it to crumble under the weight of failed expectations, will you salvage the remains? Or, will you pretend that it was all just a bad dream?

An Ace Attorney Fancase by Trybien and Spongesonic
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Recommended for those who have played up through Spirit of Justice

Following the events of Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, the implementation of the Jurist System was supposed to be a shining light in a time when the public’s trust in the courts was reaching an all-time low. Bizarrely, the trial of Vera Misham was the last we ever saw of the then disgraced Phoenix’s Wright’s grand project that was supposed to reshape the legal world. Few people know the truth of what happened, but rumor goes it’s tied to the larceny of the public prosecutor’s office that happened not long after. Those secrets will now be revealed…

In the links below, we present to you the leaked documents pertaining to the “final test” of the ill-fated jury system. Discover the hidden truth about how the dreams of a brighter age of the law were shattered by a single rookie Defense Attorney, Aiden Gambit.

Act 1
Act 2
Act 3

Spoiler : Screenshots :
Spoiler : Part 1 :
Spoiler : Part 2 :
Spoiler : Part 3 :
Spoiler : Walkthrough :
Spoiler : Credits :
GK2 fan translation - Overruled bubble
Hesseldahl - Future Edgeworth sprite set
Sligneris - Future Edgeworth courtroom sprite
SuperAj3 - Summation Examination pop-ups
Greeny - Various backgrounds
1300+ BGs Pack - Various backgrounds

OST-https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzHW ... 7SBzIrqsSE
Maybe dreams aren’t meant to last forever…
Last edited by Trybien on Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.
TimeAxis

Re: [CE][T] The Secret Turnabout ○

Post by TimeAxis »

This one's definitely worth people's time. Lot of fun stuff in this case. I mentioned it in my review for the contest, but I'd recommend people holding out to Act 2 even if Act 1 initially turns you off, because my opinion on Act 1 completely turned around at that point with extra context.

Looking forward to Act 3. I don't intend to play through Acts 1 and 2 again, but any particular changes in those parts since the Comp?
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
Spongesonic

Post by Spongesonic »

A few. Fixed up a few grammar issues (still dunno if we got them all), implemented a few ideas people had for us, even changed that one penalty you didn't like.

Oh, and we changed some of the music for copyright reasons.
Last edited by Spongesonic on Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winner of the "Broken Commandments" Case Competition
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Misc. Information
Steam: spongesonic
Youtube: SpongesonicPictures
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

We also
Spoiler : :
Expanded the intro a bit to make the transition to playing as Aiden smoother.
ikuzonos
Spoken languages: English, limited French

Post by ikuzonos »

Oh, exciting! I'll have to give this a shot after work tonight, but I'm super intrigued.
Awsome2464

Post by Awsome2464 »

Awesome to see our winning entry here! I definitely recommend everyone give it a try, and I'm definitely looking forward to the eventual release of Part 3.
Image Image
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Ooh this is fresh! I'll get around to playing this after Turnabout Heartache!
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Squidwarden

Post by Squidwarden »

Hercule Eerie best boy :D Image
Also I really love the juror feature you added in Act 2, looking forward to Act 3!
Image Image
Bannedfrom7

Post by Bannedfrom7 »

Finished part 2 and I know who the culprit is. If I'm right, this is gonna be one heck of an endgame considering the implications of the crime and the end result of the case.
I am Banned
ikuzonos
Spoken languages: English, limited French

Post by ikuzonos »

Wow, okay. I absolutely see why this case won the competition, and I am extremely excited for Act 3.
For a bit there, I wasn't entirely sure how Act 1 was really relevant to everything else and it just seemed like interactive exposition, but looking back on it at the end of Act 2, I definitely understand that it HAD to be there.
I'll be straight up: I'm certain Gambit is the killer. The bit with the remote played in the back of my mind, and then suddenly Ema fell through the vent and cut her hand... explaining the noise Eerie heard... and THEN the pulley was presented. The reason the pulley in Act 1 didn't move... was because the remote was actually connected to the pulley in the vents. I put this together pretty early into the Summation Examination (excellent implementation of that by the way!) but don't take that as a bad thing (assuming I'm even slightly on the mark) because the implications of it all are so horrifying.
The other thing that's been bothering me this whole time is... John Seething. Who is also definitely Aiden Gambit or I'll eat my hat. (He's the right age, was trying to take Eerie's case (perhaps to steer people away from the truth?), and also has a vendetta against Rupture...). No idea what really happened 13 years ago or why Rupture was in the bunker, but I imagine that'll be explained in Act 3
All in all, this was excellent. Loved the music choices!
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Squidwarden wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:39 pm
Hercule Eerie best boy :D Image
Also I really love the juror feature you added in Act 2, looking forward to Act 3!
A fellow Eerie enjoyer. Exemplary taste good sir.
Bannedfrom7 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:07 pm
Finished part 2 and I know who the culprit is. If I'm right, this is gonna be one heck of an endgame considering the implications of the crime and the end result of the case.
Oh no... expectations.
ikuzonos wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:08 pm Loved the music choices!
Heck yeah, glad to see someone appreciates my picks for the soundtrack! :manella:

All and all I'm very happy to see the good reception so far. Thank you everyone who has taken the time to play this!
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

ikuzonos wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:08 pm Wow, okay. I absolutely see why this case won the competition, and I am extremely excited for Act 3.
For a bit there, I wasn't entirely sure how Act 1 was really relevant to everything else and it just seemed like interactive exposition, but looking back on it at the end of Act 2, I definitely understand that it HAD to be there.
I'll be straight up: I'm certain Gambit is the killer. The bit with the remote played in the back of my mind, and then suddenly Ema fell through the vent and cut her hand... explaining the noise Eerie heard... and THEN the pulley was presented. The reason the pulley in Act 1 didn't move... was because the remote was actually connected to the pulley in the vents. I put this together pretty early into the Summation Examination (excellent implementation of that by the way!) but don't take that as a bad thing (assuming I'm even slightly on the mark) because the implications of it all are so horrifying.
The other thing that's been bothering me this whole time is... John Seething. Who is also definitely Aiden Gambit or I'll eat my hat. (He's the right age, was trying to take Eerie's case (perhaps to steer people away from the truth?), and also has a vendetta against Rupture...). No idea what really happened 13 years ago or why Rupture was in the bunker, but I imagine that'll be explained in Act 3
Basically my very same idea that I had during the case.
To elaborate:
Gambit = Seething. Seething was 9 in the case 13 years ago, and Gambit is 22. Seething has blackmail against Steele, who supposedly did some bad stuff during the assassination case, and Rupture was on that case and is incredibly corrupt. So, it stands that Seething has a motive.
Now, Seething sends Steele the blackmail letter, sets up the case file theft to frame him for larceny, and then, as Gambit, takes the case. Before the trial, he meets with Rupture in Udgey's chambers while he's out and sets up the murder, with Rupture in the ceiling. Then, not intending to actually win Steele's case, but wanting to throw it convincingly, he acts as an arrogant up-and-coming greenhorn who stakes all of his cards on the pulley from the Prosecutor's Office roof to be connected to the remote found in Edgeworth's room. But the remote is actually connected to the second pulley in the ceiling and not the pulley in the trial. Thus, at the same time that he makes Rupture's body fall from the ceiling (and closes the vent, which no longer has weight on it), he convincingly throws his case and gets Steele a guilty verdict, enacting revenge on the corrupt defense attorney and the prosecutor "mired by a shameful career" at the SAME EXACT TIME.
Oh, not to mention, Gambit accusing Seething of the crime is brilliant, because he'd know that Seething has been presumed dead and intentionally make a reasonable enough claim that would be shut down by that.
It's f***ing ingenious, and it explains everything. (Though, was there a detail about the body hitting the fireplace but not being found next to it? I'm still puzzled by that, unless that was already resolved.)
Oh, ALSO:
Trybien wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:49 pmDiscover the hidden truth about how the dreams of a brighter age of the law were shattered by a single rookie Defense Attorney, Aiden Gambit.
You bloody geniuses. It was right in the premise.
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
Mlvluu
Spoken languages: Español, Ingles

Post by Mlvluu »

The autopsy report says nothing about two separate wounds to Rupture's head. Also, how would he be placed in the vents in the first place? And if he was knocked unconscious by blunt trauma, couldn't the killer have simply finished the murder with more blunt trauma? Also, Edgeworth should have realized that Gambit's gambit is highly likely to have been the method of murder.
Deck Attorney

Post by Deck Attorney »

risefromtheashes wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:29 am
ikuzonos wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:08 pm Wow, okay. I absolutely see why this case won the competition, and I am extremely excited for Act 3.
Basically my very same idea that I had during the case.
To elaborate:
Gambit = Seething. Seething was 9 in the case 13 years ago, and Gambit is 22. Seething has blackmail against Steele, who supposedly did some bad stuff during the assassination case, and Rupture was on that case and is incredibly corrupt. So, it stands that Seething has a motive.
Now, Seething sends Steele the blackmail letter, sets up the case file theft to frame him for larceny, and then, as Gambit, takes the case. Before the trial, he meets with Rupture in Udgey's chambers while he's out and sets up the murder, with Rupture in the ceiling. Then, not intending to actually win Steele's case, but wanting to throw it convincingly, he acts as an arrogant up-and-coming greenhorn who stakes all of his cards on the pulley from the Prosecutor's Office roof to be connected to the remote found in Edgeworth's room. But the remote is actually connected to the second pulley in the ceiling and not the pulley in the trial. Thus, at the same time that he makes Rupture's body fall from the ceiling (and closes the vent, which no longer has weight on it), he convincingly throws his case and gets Steele a guilty verdict, enacting revenge on the corrupt defense attorney and the prosecutor "mired by a shameful career" at the SAME EXACT TIME.
Oh, not to mention, Gambit accusing Seething of the crime is brilliant, because he'd know that Seething has been presumed dead and intentionally make a reasonable enough claim that would be shut down by that.
It's f***ing ingenious, and it explains everything. (Though, was there a detail about the body hitting the fireplace but not being found next to it? I'm still puzzled by that, unless that was already resolved.)
Oh, ALSO:
Trybien wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:49 pmDiscover the hidden truth about how the dreams of a brighter age of the law were shattered by a single rookie Defense Attorney, Aiden Gambit.
You bloody geniuses. It was right in the premise.
Holy crap we thought the same thing
I also suspected the victim was killed with the pulley
and I also think gambit = seething for the same reasons + the fact that GAMBIT is written on the case file. Also I am guessing we won't be able to catch gambit in the end/something will go wrong because the jurist system isn't implemented.
Igniam

Post by Igniam »