Anyway to Overlap Music?

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Mosy
Spoken languages: English

Anyway to Overlap Music?

Post by Mosy »

As title says, I would just like to know if there is a trick or secret way we can overlap more than one music at a time without canceling each other. Most of my cases involve background continuous sound effects just like in the Ace Attorney games (Example: birds chirping in the gardens of Themis Legal Academy while investigation music is playing). If not, is there a chance this feature could be added in the future? :)

A side question, a run on question, if needed to be called: Does anybody know when the update announced months ago will be released? I would really like to try out these new fade out features in my cases, they seem cool. Thank you <3!!!
Live life as you enjoy it, pal!- :objection:
I guess not...
TimeAxis

Re: Anyway to Overlap Music?

Post by TimeAxis »

It's not possible. The only workaround is to add music as a sound effect. It won't loop, but you can play it that way. I can think of a very convoluted way to make it loop, but it's not very practical.
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
Dylan Dog
Spoken languages: English, Italian

Post by Dylan Dog »

There is also the possibility of overlaying the two tracks on each other simply via an audio editor.
Mosy

Post by Mosy »

TimeAxis wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:15 am It's not possible. The only workaround is to add music as a sound effect. It won't loop, but you can play it that way. I can think of a very convoluted way to make it loop, but it's not very practical.
Thanks for answers you two! Sadly it does look like this is the only way. I've been doing that but it really makes the sound effect sounding clunky. Hopefully a feature to be added in the future, I'll waiting <3. :(
I guess not...
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Mosy wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:22 pm As title says, I would just like to know if there is a trick or secret way we can overlap more than one music at a time without canceling each other.
No.
Mosy wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:22 pm Most of my cases involve background continuous sound effects just like in the Ace Attorney games (Example: birds chirping in the gardens of Themis Legal Academy while investigation music is playing). If not, is there a chance this feature could be added in the future? :)
There's a chance - this is a good use case. The technical infrastructure is mostly there. The hard part is deciding what this should look like in the editor.
Mosy wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:22 pm A side question, a run on question, if needed to be called: Does anybody know when the update announced months ago will be released? I would really like to try out these new fade out features in my cases, they seem cool. Thank you <3!!!
I've sent Unas a reminder to update this, and he's hopeful for this weekend. I'll send him another reminder in two weeks if it's not done by then.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Mosy

Post by Mosy »

Thanks for the answer! the new features feel pretty great, they're smooth and music feels more professional now.
But there is a problem, since the patch the TEST music option(and sound effects), Image, for custom music doesn't work anymore.
Mosy wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:22 pm Most of my cases involve background continuous sound effects just like in the Ace Attorney games (Example: birds chirping in the gardens of Themis Legal Academy while investigation music is playing). If not, is there a chance this feature could be added in the future? :)

"There's a chance - this is a good use case. The technical infrastructure is mostly there. The hard part is deciding what this should look like in the editor."
I have high hopes for this and I am looking forward for the chance in the future!, thanks for considering it. :april:
I guess not...