[T][CE] TTT ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

¿Acid Rain?
Spoken languages: English

[T][CE] TTT ●

Post by ¿Acid Rain? »

Spoiler : Very Large Promo Graphic :
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Click the image to play!

TTT (aka The Torrential Turnabout) is an Ace Attorney-style fangame originally made for the Never Trust the Narrator competition which ran *checks calendar* all the way back in 2016. The game takes heavy inspiration from various mystery visual novels from the late 2000s and early 2010s such as Zero Escape, Danganronpa, and Umineko and celebrates what it was like to grow up with these stories. I would synopsize further, but I think the humongous graphic at the top of the post just about covers it.

Spoiler : Links to Individual Parts :
———————————————————————————

Things to Note Before Playing

1. TTT does not hide the fact that it is heavily inspired by Danganronpa, Zero Escape, and the like, but you do not need to have played these games to understand or enjoy this one (though it will likely enhance your experience). And while I recommend having played all the Ace Attorney games, TTT only spoils AA1, AA3, and AAI1.

2. TTT is long — very, very long. I cannot understate how long this case is, so pace yourself and take breaks.

3. A walkthrough can be found here.

4. Complete credits can be found here along with a tracklist, but be warned that this document contains significant spoilers.

5. TTT should work on any browser. Should.

Spoiler : Trigger Warnings :
Murder
Suicide
Kidnapping
Substance Abuse
Depression
PTSD
Severe Mental Illness
Last edited by ¿Acid Rain? on Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
eerew

Re: [T][CE] TTT ●

Post by eerew »

first

This is a good case. Play it.
One of the few aao cases to make me laugh... fufufu....
ImageImage
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Legacy K.O.B since 2023

Proud friend of TWO ONE he/theys
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

As a certified TTT playtester, I can verify that this case does in fact have things in it.

Some things you will expect, some things you won't.

I reccomend TTT for anyone who likes stories where things happen in them.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

NOT FIRST DAMN YOU TO HELL EEREW

I playtested this, and I can confirm that in many ways, it is brilliant. It can be a bit much at times, especially if you're not used to the absolutely insane logic/crimes and rapid-fire game mechanics in games like Danganronpa, but the narrative is extremely compelling and I became immediately hyperfixated on this once I started playtesting. I expected to do, like, one part a day for nine days, but I ended up playing the whole game (I can't call it a "case" in good faith - it has surpassed that) in 36 hours and only getting one hour of sleep overnight just so I could get to the damn end of it.

Danganronpa, Zero Escape, and Ace Attorney fans alike should absolutely love this. Or, at the very least (if you're more critical of things than I am), they should enjoy it. The Torrential Turnabout has a great cast and many fun ideas behind its story, and awesome assets to back it all up. (The music, of course, heavily appealed to me.)

Enjoy!
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

This is a vintage AAO epic.

For veterans, this trial will feel like opening a time capsule from the good old days.
This case has it all:
-unbelievably huge scope/framecount
-Zero Escape, Danganronpa, Umineko
-Sometimes more thriller than AA case
-Fancy visual "metaphorical" effects
-Dramatic logic battles (guess which OST got used a lot)
-pretty dark/depressing at times
-new fun & easy(?) gameplay features

If you do decide to play the beginning to gauge if it's something for you, I recommend playing until you're at least a little into part two.
You might think the first part gives you a good idea of what's in store, but part two is where the mysteries really start unfolding properly.
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

Blackrune wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:37 am If you do decide to play the beginning to gauge if it's something for you, I recommend playing until you're at least a little into part two.
You might think the first part gives you a good idea of what's in store, but part two is where the mysteries really start unfolding properly.
Heavily agree. You NEED to stick around for at least Part One and half of Part Two. Things escalate in this game.
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
AshuraMage
Spoken languages: English/Portuguese

Post by AshuraMage »

Hi, I started playing it and I am on day 2(awesome so far) and I noticed a inconsistency. When you ask about Orphan Dark: Daughter of Chaos to Salem and Teddy, Salem´s profile gets added, but her age is shown as unknown, but she says that she is nineteen years old. Not a big deal, just something I noted.

Also, why the hell is the soundtrack so good? I wrote this vibing to this trial´s music
In 2021 I was bored and made an AMV that now has 100K+ views
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

AshuraMage wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:23 am Hi, I started playing it and I am on day 2(awesome so far) and I noticed a inconsistency.
Spoiler : :
When you ask about Orphan Dark: Daughter of Chaos to Salem and Teddy, Salem´s profile gets added, but her age is shown as unknown, but she says that she is nineteen years old. Not a big deal, just something I noted.

Also, why the hell is the soundtrack so good? I wrote this vibing to this trial´s music
Might want to put that in spoiler tags. Also, fairly certain that is intentional.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
AshuraMage
Spoken languages: English/Portuguese

Post by AshuraMage »

Trybien wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:31 am
AshuraMage wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:23 am Hi, I started playing it and I am on day 2(awesome so far) and I noticed a inconsistency.
When you ask about Orphan Dark: Daughter of Chaos to Salem and Teddy, Salem´s profile gets added, but her age is shown as unknown, but she says that she is nineteen years old. Not a big deal, just something I noted.

Might want to put that in spoiler tags. Also, fairly certain that is intentional.
I don´t think it´s necessary, since it doesn´t spoil anything of the plot outside of some character´s names, probably some irrevelant info and the fact that the music is awesome.
Also, fairly certain that is intentional.
Idk, it just seems too random to be intentional
In 2021 I was bored and made an AMV that now has 100K+ views
ikuzonos
Spoken languages: English, limited French

Post by ikuzonos »

I'm deeply interested in TTT just based on what I've seen in the thread and I want to play it when it's not midnight here. However, seeing that it's inspired loosely by Umineko and ZE, I have a really important question to ask before I can start.
Does TTT use/heavily reference the Schrodinger's Cat paradox? If you're not comfortable replying in the thread, you can PM me. I'm sure this seems like a weird question, but it's essential for me to know ahead of time.
¿Acid Rain?

Post by ¿Acid Rain? »

eerew wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:32 am snip
Trybien wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:35 am snip
risefromtheashes wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:37 am snip
Blackrune wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:37 am snip
Hey — cheers! It's thanks to these people (plus Darth!) that TTT is deranged and playable instead of just deranged.
AshuraMage wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:23 am Hi, I started playing it and I am on day 2(awesome so far) and I noticed a inconsistency. When you ask about Orphan Dark: Daughter of Chaos to Salem and Teddy, Salem´s profile gets added, but her age is shown as unknown, but she says that she is nineteen years old. Not a big deal, just something I noted.
Hmm... but can we be sure she's telling the truth about her age...? nah lmao it just never crossed my mind
ikuzonos wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:06 am I'm deeply interested in TTT just based on what I've seen in the thread and I want to play it when it's not midnight here. However, seeing that it's inspired loosely by Umineko and ZE, I have a really important question to ask before I can start.
Does TTT use/heavily reference the Schrodinger's Cat paradox? If you're not comfortable replying in the thread, you can PM me. I'm sure this seems like a weird question, but it's essential for me to know ahead of time.
Thanks for taking interest in TTT! And to answer your question: no, it does not.
Jofe
Spoken languages: Français [100%], English [70%]

Post by Jofe »

Just finished Part I. Even if it's the beginning, it's really very well written.
This first part has highlighted the characters well, so we know more or less who we are already dealing with, and at the same time we know that we are still far from having seen everything. And the dubbed part of Sheol explaining the rules gives chills. Really nice job.
Image Image Image Image Image
ikuzonos
Spoken languages: English, limited French

Post by ikuzonos »

Well, I've finished Part I and this has already cemented itself in my brain.
Oh my god.
I'm a bit of a nerd for (most) VNs in this style and TTT already hits the spot. A group of strangers in a terrible situation, some of whom will definitely die? It's so psychological and I love it. The cast so far is really enjoyable all around; I think my favourites are Blue, Poppet, and Teddy based on first impressions, but so far I like everyone, and I am so deeply concerned. I know that I can't trust Roland's account of things, so I'm trying to keep an open mind about everything -- mostly about Eric. Like, he's a bit peculiar, but I think he's a fall guy if anything right now. And I currently want to believe that everyone's "bad vibes" about him is Roland being less than truthful. But who knows! I don't!
If I didn't have work tonight, I'd be binging the rest of TTT today, but I know I have to pace myself. (Also just as a side note, I think the cupboard hitbox at the end of Part I is a bit too small; I clicked on the cupboards about nine times before finally finding the "right" spot.)
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

oshit

this is hype to see LOL

Also, did this change from its 2016 incarnation?

Does this mean I can just FINALLY release that SoC from all those years ago????

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
¿Acid Rain?

Post by ¿Acid Rain? »

kwando1313 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:46 pm Does this mean I can just FINALLY release that SoC from all those years ago????
Hey — good to see you!
Genuinely, I'd like to see that SoC again since I'm pretty sure I don't have it saved anywhere. (I just checked and I have Evo's SoC still downloaded from six years ago and wow have things ever changed.)