[T][CE] TTT ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

marysu
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T][CE] TTT ●

Post by marysu »

just finished this and jesus christ
AquaAce72

Post by AquaAce72 »

I echo Enigma's thoughts.

As someone who not only grew up playing DR, AA, Umi, ZE, but also just an absurd number of fangames on this website, this game hit so many nostalgic notes for me in all the best ways. It parodies the past without demeaning it. It celebrates both the silliest things to come from around 2008-2014 AAO games as well as the genuine creativity they spawned. Acid Rain knows and shows what it was like to grow up in those times, as well as what it is like to be a much different, older person now. This is an appeal to nostalgia done right.

And that's, of course, putting aside the fact that everything is just so good. The mystery, the character writing, the effective use of custom assets, the structure, the gameplay... nailed it all. I really did like every aspect of this case. Thank you for making it!
¿Acid Rain?

Post by ¿Acid Rain? »

enigma wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:06 am Ngl, I've been hankering for a finished AcidRain project since I played REM and this seriously doesn't disappoint. I can see why this was six years in the making. Really impressive stuff. Big fan of what you've done here!
Spoiler : :
I think this is the perfect tribute to the era of casemaking it was first conceived in. Somehow you've managed to hit every possible nostalgic hallmark and that's not just counting blending in all the Danganronpa, Zero Escape, HiguUmi, etc. You know. You have the meta, the long framecount, the genre savvy characters, poking fun at the canon games, the logic battles, the dark veering on almost apocalyptic atmosphere, etc. And most importantly, the sum of all those parts, the sheer self-indulgence. An AA fancase for AA fans who make AA fancases. But the fact that that is the point, that you focused deeply on giving narrative weight to all those points and, imo, did so while keeping that earnestness, without veering into parody/irony or whatever, really stood out to me. Just a complete self-aware celebration. Also, the idea of focusing on the aftermath of a post-ZE/DR scenario (and the overall exploration of what one of those scenarios would actually mean, complete with the cute touch of the game not actually even being that exciting to watch) is a really neat concept that I haven't really seen done before and is, hillariously, something that would be realistically a big deal but I feel like most CubeLikes (thats what im gonna call them, cube was first, go to hell, Jigsaw) don't dwell on too much. Very fresh. I don't play many fancases these days but this was one that made me go "damn, I really miss making fancases. Take me back to those days." Complete nostalgia overload. This should be featured but specifically set so only after people play, idunno, 4 other featured cases from the time or something because it is THE companion piece to that era. I guess I'm not sure if it would have as deep an appeal to, like, people outside of the niche of mid-2010s AAO casemakers but... Absolutely fire, sir. I take my hat off to you (and it reveals I am wearing a wig; I am planning on locking you in the murder bunker.)
AquaAce72 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:33 am I echo Enigma's thoughts.

As someone who not only grew up playing DR, AA, Umi, ZE, but also just an absurd number of fangames on this website, this game hit so many nostalgic notes for me in all the best ways. It parodies the past without demeaning it. It celebrates both the silliest things to come from around 2008-2014 AAO games as well as the genuine creativity they spawned. Acid Rain knows and shows what it was like to grow up in those times, as well as what it is like to be a much different, older person now. This is an appeal to nostalgia done right.

And that's, of course, putting aside the fact that everything is just so good. The mystery, the character writing, the effective use of custom assets, the structure, the gameplay... nailed it all. I really did like every aspect of this case. Thank you for making it!
I've never been much of an "online community" sort of guy. Not an active one, at least — it's just not in me. But I was here, and I guess it meant something. I'm not sure what else I can say that hasn't already been conveyed, but for me, this really is the end of an era.

Thanks for all the memories.
Igniam

Post by Igniam »

Dylan Dog
Spoken languages: English, Italian

Post by Dylan Dog »

:objection:
THIS CASE IS WAY TOO GOOD TO BE REAL!
TimeAxis

Post by TimeAxis »

This is a case I've been meaning to get around to for quite a while. Finally managed to play through Part 1, and a couple minutes into part 2, after getting it running on my Steam Deck (my attention span wavers if I try to play a long case on PC), and I enjoyed it a lot. The music and atmosphere is great, and I'm very interested to continue it and see where it goes. Will probably post a small review once I finish it.
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
TimeAxis

Post by TimeAxis »

Sorry for the double post, but I ran into a bug. Part 3 won’t start when I’m continuing from my part 2 save. I get an error in the console about not being able to load a sound file or something. It does work, however, if I just go straight to the Part 3 URL and don’t continue my previous save file.

I just have one question before I continue. Am I missing anything if I’m starting part 3 fresh without my 1 & 2 save files? I haven’t really made any decisions yet, so I’m guessing no, but I just want to make sure.
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
Dylan Dog
Spoken languages: English, Italian

Post by Dylan Dog »

TimeAxis wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:04 pm Sorry for the double post, but I ran into a bug. Part 3 won’t start when I’m continuing from my part 2 save. I get an error in the console about not being able to load a sound file or something. It does work, however, if I just go straight to the Part 3 URL and don’t continue my previous save file.

I just have one question before I continue. Am I missing anything if I’m starting part 3 fresh without my 1 & 2 save files? I haven’t really made any decisions yet, so I’m guessing no, but I just want to make sure.
I had the same issue and I can guarantee there is absolutely no difference. Just start the chapters from the thread if it happens.
¿Acid Rain?

Post by ¿Acid Rain? »

TimeAxis wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:04 pm Sorry for the double post, but I ran into a bug. Part 3 won’t start when I’m continuing from my part 2 save. I get an error in the console about not being able to load a sound file or something. It does work, however, if I just go straight to the Part 3 URL and don’t continue my previous save file.

That is a bug on AAO's part that I could technically circumvent, but I, well, haven't lol. There are no variables that carry over between parts in TTT, though, so if you load each part individually, you will be fine.
成步堂春美
Spoken languages: 汉语

Post by 成步堂春美 »

I'm not finished yet, but I think it's a LEGEND! :april:
icannothinkofaname

Post by icannothinkofaname »

I know you explicitly said to take breaks, but aside from a brief moment to make food I played through this case without stopping. It was just that good. I felt like I had to know what was coming next. I'm not really good at analyzing the puzzle/game parts of trials, though, so I don't have much to say aside from the fact that I enjoyed it, nothing broke, and nothing felt unfair.

The main thing I want to talk about is the story.
It was good.

No, but seriously. It was really good. I also grew up playing murder mystery games, and the riffing on the common tropes in these sort of games and trials was really well done. It didn't feel like the case was sacrificing its own genuine mystery and story to make a joke. If anything, the meta aspect actually tied in really well to the main villain's theme of games and the final confrontation.

The characters were all really good too. Especially the survivors of the Room and Board. The way their trauma was depicted felt really grounded and realistic, especially in a game and setting where a lot of things were written to be over the top. I couldn't help but notice the recurring motif of being underwater. Obviously the logic segment where "Mia" is imagining herself drowning while trying to solve Bishop's murder, the flood that makes the case so difficult to begin with, each part opening with the image of being submerged. It helped to create a sort of oppressive, sinking feeling, that I think makes it easier for the player to relate to the things the SRaB survivors have been through. I don't think it's a coincidence that the death game took place underground.

There's probably a lot more I can say, but I'll leave with the fact that I genuinely got emotional a number of times (the first conversation with Montclair and seeing just how bad his mental state had become after he got out really got to me in particular), and the very very final frame with Graves made me actually audibly laugh. Thanks for making this case. It clearly took a lot of effort, and I really loved playing it.
Sean

Post by Sean »

thoughts (contains spoilers, hence ⬇)
So if my reading comprehension skills are up to par, then the true identities of the attorney-vigilantes were Casey Lane ("Mia Fey") and Vince Tower ("Diego Armando")? Was their reasoning for pretending to be Graves' lawyers was so they could expose "Shoel", since they were part of the SRaB fandom/community at one point? It certainly had me confused as to how they even managed to fit themselves in, but I really shouldn't question that now after going through this behemoth in the span of 6-7 hours.

Confusion and Deus-ex-Machina finale aside, this was definitely one of the most interesting trials that I've played. The writing was certainly one of the best I've seen from other recent trials. There was definitely a lot of effort put into custom voice, audio, sprite, and video/gfx work that definitely doesn't go unappreciated. Also, the obvious inspirations from VN's such as DR and Umineko really does remind me of those OG AAO trials, which I really enjoy.

One of my favorites as of recently. Thank you (x10) for making this, I really enjoyed it. Best wishes to you and whatever else you might make. (If you're not suffering from immense burnout after making this, I probably would be lol.)
成步堂蕾法

Post by 成步堂蕾法 »

I love your case from the bottom of my heart. TTT is a masterpiece!I sincerely hope everyone who likes murder mysteries can play it. I will also recommend it to my friends and family.May your case become a big hit. :maya:
Looking forward to your next fantastic case! :pearlhappy:
成步堂春美
Spoken languages: 汉语

Post by 成步堂春美 »

Could someone tell me how to make a map in one case?What software or website did you use? :mia:
¿Acid Rain?

Post by ¿Acid Rain? »

icannothinkofaname wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:22 am I know you explicitly said to take breaks, but aside from a brief moment to make food I played through this case without stopping. It was just that good. I felt like I had to know what was coming next. I'm not really good at analyzing the puzzle/game parts of trials, though, so I don't have much to say aside from the fact that I enjoyed it, nothing broke, and nothing felt unfair.

The main thing I want to talk about is the story.
It was good.

No, but seriously. It was really good. I also grew up playing murder mystery games, and the riffing on the common tropes in these sort of games and trials was really well done. It didn't feel like the case was sacrificing its own genuine mystery and story to make a joke. If anything, the meta aspect actually tied in really well to the main villain's theme of games and the final confrontation.

The characters were all really good too. Especially the survivors of the Room and Board. The way their trauma was depicted felt really grounded and realistic, especially in a game and setting where a lot of things were written to be over the top. I couldn't help but notice the recurring motif of being underwater. Obviously the logic segment where "Mia" is imagining herself drowning while trying to solve Bishop's murder, the flood that makes the case so difficult to begin with, each part opening with the image of being submerged. It helped to create a sort of oppressive, sinking feeling, that I think makes it easier for the player to relate to the things the SRaB survivors have been through. I don't think it's a coincidence that the death game took place underground.

There's probably a lot more I can say, but I'll leave with the fact that I genuinely got emotional a number of times (the first conversation with Montclair and seeing just how bad his mental state had become after he got out really got to me in particular), and the very very final frame with Graves made me actually audibly laugh. Thanks for making this case. It clearly took a lot of effort, and I really loved playing it.
Thanks for playing! Acid Rain is not liable for any adverse consequences stemming from completing TTT in a single session.

While I'm at it, let me give a blanket thank you to everyone who has commented in this thread. I'm bad at replying, but I have read all the messages here. Thanks so much!
Sean wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:38 am thoughts (contains spoilers, hence ⬇)
So if my reading comprehension skills are up to par, then the true identities of the attorney-vigilantes were Casey Lane ("Mia Fey") and Vince Tower ("Diego Armando")? Was their reasoning for pretending to be Graves' lawyers was so they could expose "Shoel", since they were part of the SRaB fandom/community at one point? It certainly had me confused as to how they even managed to fit themselves in, but I really shouldn't question that now after going through this behemoth in the span of 6-7 hours.

Confusion and Deus-ex-Machina finale aside, this was definitely one of the most interesting trials that I've played. The writing was certainly one of the best I've seen from other recent trials. There was definitely a lot of effort put into custom voice, audio, sprite, and video/gfx work that definitely doesn't go unappreciated. Also, the obvious inspirations from VN's such as DR and Umineko really does remind me of those OG AAO trials, which I really enjoy.

One of my favorites as of recently. Thank you (x10) for making this, I really enjoyed it. Best wishes to you and whatever else you might make. (If you're not suffering from immense burnout after making this, I probably would be lol.)
Spoiler : Response :
Yes, "Mia" and "Diego" got involved in the Bishop murder solely to find a lead on Sheol. But the exact relationship between Mia, Diego, Sheol, and Sheol's audience is never explicitly laid out, so I'll leave it up to your interpretation. I will clarify, though, that Mia really was Graves' lawyer. She simply took his case before the alleged third member of Sheol was able to.
Also, here's some pointless TTT dev insight: Casey Lane is "Mia's" real name, but "Tower's" real name is actually Vince Marquez. "Tower" was the screen name he used to use back when he and Casey first met online. This is in no way infer-able, so this is a straight info dump directly from my notes.
成步堂春美 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:55 am Could someone tell me how to make a map in one case?What software or website did you use? :mia:
By "map" do you mean something like the hospice layout diagrams? If so, I regret to inform you that I basically made them entirely from scratch in GIMP. There's no easy way around it, as far as I'm aware.