[T][CE] In Memory ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Sonnie Celanna
Spoken languages: English

[T][CE] In Memory ●

Post by Sonnie Celanna »

An Entry in the "Super Scary" Case Competition.

Wandering down an endless road, soaked and alone, you find yourself in need of two things: Shelter and Answers. Answers to important questions like where are you, where is everyone and who are you? Coming up on the only building you've seen in a long time, you know there's only one way to get answers.

So what do you do?

Go inside?
Walk away?

[Spoilers: Do not play without having played all mainline AA games. I will not tell you which ones are spoiled, but several are.] [There are three endings. Can you find them all?]
http://aaonline.fr/player.php?trial_id=143617

Walkthrough:
Spoiler : :
DISCLAIMER: Using this walkthrough is NOT recommended to have the best experience possible, due to the short length and very simple mechanics.

The only gameplay mechanic used is the examination feature. Nothing else is used, except for a single choice at the start.

Ending #1:
Outside:
Walk Away

Ending #2:
Outside:
Go Inside The Building

Hallway:
Examine Medals

Room #1:
Examine the chair
Examine the painting
Examine the drawers

Room #2:
Examine the mannequin
Examine the couch
Examine the jacket

Room #3:
Examine The Face

Room #4:
Examine the pond
Examine the robes
Examine the vase

Proceed to ending

Ending #3 (Only obtainable after the Second Ending is unlocked):
Outside:
Walk Away
S. Cel :april: :pearlhappy:
eerew

Re: [T][CE] In Memory ●

Post by eerew »

woah this entry was cool it’s like a scary 2006 flash game you should play it…
AshuraMage
Spoken languages: English/Portuguese

Post by AshuraMage »

Literally just finished this, so, here's my feedback.
It was a short but scary experiences, the sound effects really made me feel imersed in the history and the backgrounds where genuinely eerie, with the feeling that you know them, but now they're destroyed and completely different. One thing that I like is that you can start picking up on the clues and make your guess on who you are even before the game shows it, but it didn't ruin the experience, it just made me feel like a newbie detective or something, it was really cool and I enjoyed it a lot. I am glad that this was so good, since this was the case I wanted to play the most after reading all of the comp's reviews.
In 2021 I was bored and made an AMV that now has 100K+ views
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Played through this and enjoyed it, but wanted to point out a bug that I caught.
It happens in Room #2, my first time through I didn't examine the jacket (and get the necessary item to progress) but examined other things, and still the protagonist said that it was time to leave the room and go. This made me go back into the hallway. If it helps, I was able to replicate this by examining these in order: The fire, the painting of the eye, the couch, and then the mannequin. Doing this results in the standard "I have the other arm now so I should leave" even though you don't have it. You're still able to go back into the room and get the required item, so it's not a softlock, but it did lead to a game over for me due to the wasted time. Thankfully it was easy to get back quick.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Sonnie Celanna

Post by Sonnie Celanna »

GuardianDreamer wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:53 am Played through this and enjoyed it, but wanted to point out a bug that I caught.
It happens in Room #2, my first time through I didn't examine the jacket (and get the necessary item to progress) but examined other things, and still the protagonist said that it was time to leave the room and go. This made me go back into the hallway. If it helps, I was able to replicate this by examining these in order: The fire, the painting of the eye, the couch, and then the mannequin. Doing this results in the standard "I have the other arm now so I should leave" even though you don't have it. You're still able to go back into the room and get the required item, so it's not a softlock, but it did lead to a game over for me due to the wasted time. Thankfully it was easy to get back quick.
Thanks for letting me know! Should be fixed now, was me being bad at maths and counting things one integer off.
kal0123456789

Post by kal0123456789 »

I am faint-hearted, are there any jumpscares in this game before I decide to play it?
Sonnie Celanna

Post by Sonnie Celanna »

kal0123456789 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:35 pm I am faint-hearted, are there any jumpscares in this game before I decide to play it?
Depending on your definition of jumpscare, there is either one or two. They're described below.
The first one is in the 'death' scene if you fail, there is a high pitched shriek from the main character.
The other is in the room with the statue. When you click on its face it will rapidly shift to a close up of the statue's face with a bried "BADUM!" in the background

Otherwise, I do not think there is anything else that can be called jumpscares in the game.
kal0123456789

Post by kal0123456789 »

Ah thank you! In that case, all are considered jumpscares for me, but it seems I could somehow anticipate. Definitely looking forward to play this case sometime in the future, hopefully no nightmares after playing.
kal0123456789

Post by kal0123456789 »

I have finished the game. Not sure whether this is intended:
While not checking the other rooms, but in the forth room, the counter is still adding if you're not using the correct sequence. Let's say there are A-E spots, and the sequence is A-B-C. If I click D/E first, then go to A-B-C, it will still add the counter when pressing A, B and C.

If this is intended, I think it's a bad design because people will not have any feedbacks whether their inputs are correct or not. Then, they'll spam and blame you for the "unlimited" guess.

If you want to fix this, you have to think the other edge cases also, like when the input is incorrectly pressed, the input should reset.
For example, this sequence will be:
1. D -> one
2. A -> no counter
3. C -> two
4. A -> no counter
5. B -> no counter
6. E -> three
7. A -> no counter
8. B -> no counter
9. C -> no counter

It's up to you to reset to which one if the next interaction is the same as the previous interaction.
For example, this sequence will be:
1. A -> no counter
2. A -> one
3. B -> either two(since it resets to empty and "A" should be the first) or no counter(since it resets to "A")
4. C -> either three(since it resets to empty and "A" should be the first) or no counter
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Regardless of the few bugs, I thoroughly enjoyed this.
In Memory Brought me back to those days in middle and high school where I would play these sorts of spooky flash point and click games...
And it was an utter delight.
The background music being a cursed remix of the Turnabout Sisters theme is simultaneously a brilliant clue within the presentation and perfectly haunting.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Cynwit

Post by Cynwit »

wow that was eerie
once i realized that there was a timer i really got tense. that was really creative

also true ending was kinda cruel lol. was hoping she would pass on or something rip. didn't think mia was a bad enough person to go to what's essentially hell :cry: