[P/E] "Snapping fingers" sound effect missing

Post about any bugs or other issues that you find on AAO.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Sheika
Spoken languages: Español / English / Peux lire français

[P/E] "Snapping fingers" sound effect missing

Post by Sheika »

So this has been missing for a while, but only today did I double-check and find that it seems to be a bug instead of something I forgot to put in my case. The file for the "snapping fingers" sound effect seems to be missing. It does not play on the editor preview or in the case player, independently of which case I try it on.

Firefox 100.0 on Windows 10.
Spocker
Spoken languages: Français, English

Re: [P/E] "Snapping fingers" sound effect missing

Post by Spocker »

I have the same issue as you, I posted in the French forum. Should we contact a mod to know more about this issue?
Spocker
Spoken languages: Français, English

Post by Spocker »

Hi!
Just to say: the solution I used was to find this sound online and host it so I could use it as an "extern MP3 folder" (I'm not sure of the name in English) in the Editor. It's a bit unsatisfying but it works.
This topic is still opened though, if any moderator knows what happened. ^^
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I can confirm the issue. I'll take a look at what the cause is...

EDIT: What I've been able to learn so far is that the URL points to a sound, and the sound is correct when I play itself. This may be an incompatibility between our sound manager and the file. I'll need to see if I can reproduce this locally to debug this any further. Hoping to get to that tomorrow, but that may take a bit.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

As I suspected, the audio file needed to be replaced. I've pushed a new file, so this should be fixed on the next update.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson