[T][C][CE] Turnabout for Human Rights (Currently private)

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

eerew
Spoken languages: English

[T][C][CE] Turnabout for Human Rights (Currently private)

Post by eerew »

Case is currently privated for major edits.

Spoiler : GIANT promo image :
TURNABOUT FOR HUMAN RIGHTS
Created by eerew and applekitty for the "The Miracle Happen :')" Comp

It's been several months since we won the comp, so we decided to release some of it early to back up Trybien and Spongesonic's claims that this game exists.

There will be five parts in total, but if anyone is curious and doesn't want to wait for the full thing to come out, you can go ahead and play the first three completed parts.

Even unfinished, this game has a length of a few hours if you go for all the flavor text.
Almost every investigation present has dialogue. It's not recommended to play this all in one sitting, especially if you're a Flavor Text Felipe.

Spoiler : Synopsis :
Go into this as blind as possible. But if you insist...
Spoiler : Synopsis (Spoilers) :
You play as defense attorney Evan Denceforge. He goes on an adventure with his friend to go on a ghost hunt and ride shopping carts or whatever. They stop doing it, however, because of a stool. Yes, I'm dead serious.

(paraphrased from Fury)
Spoiler : Credits :
ASSETS MADE BY PEOPLE IN RED ARE NOT FOR REUSE!!!!!! some probably will be when the game is finished though
---
Created by eerew and applekitty

A Team String production (eerew, applekitty, Parcark, pinkcocoapowder, CallMeBlue)
---
applekitty: Evan Denceforge sprites, concept idea, promo image coloring, intro, every custom background not mentioned on here, every custom evidence icon, made the airport speedrun gif have nice fps, Evan crying noise, twistinofreaks.tumblr.com, custom courtroom, custom testimony graphics, custom speech bubbles, really any custom graphic not otherwise credited on this list

eerew: Evan's office, Applebee's, Evan versus pants nightmare, breathing noises, eating noises, bathtub backgrounds

Parcark: Evan Denceforge design concept art, Cecilia, promo image lineart

transscrina: Evan Denceforge sprite concept art and sketches

CallMeBlue: Tristan O'Fait sprites, Cross Examination Moderato and Allegro, Telling the Truth theme, #1 Curse of the Blue Barnacle fan

Hewaa: Objection theme, Logic theme

pinkcocoapowder: Computer CG
---
All characters below had their sprites taken from the AA OC Collection

Hesseldahl: Alberto Quintero sprites

Lind: Hugo Beardsley and Charles Demafia sprites

Lind + Greeny: Paul, Receptionist, and Joseph Black sprites

Silver Glas: Brian Stewart Sprites

Silver Glas + Tear: Prosecutor mugshot

SuperAj3: Sound Greg sprites

Gamer2002: Slayan sprites

Radian: Judge sprites
---
ceets-deets: Door slam CG

m_midas: Quintforge CG
---
The theme that plays during Evan's reaction to the Pants video is Darkness by Peder B. Helland

The theme that plays for half a second during kiss scenes is Blissful Serenity by Peter Lowey

Nightmare theme is Oppressive Darkness by Peter Lowey

Alberto's Room/Applebee's theme is Lazy Get-Together by Peter Lowey

Investigation ~ Opening is from the Custom Ace Attorney Music Set made by FanFreak247, CallMeBlue, and AwesomeYears

Slayan's theme is Reigen's theme from Mob Psycho 100, composed by Kenji Kawai

skyem: Stealth Section theme

Motel theme is Suspicion from Ghost Trick, composed by Masakazu Sugimori
---
Evan's voice is Phoenix's from the Layton crossover, voiced by Trevor White

The Fury Wraith: Alberto's voice clips
---
Playtesters:
Double KO
risefromtheashes
bannedfrom7
NotBlackCroc

probably more because i passed this game around like the plague
---
Special Thanks:
Trybien & Spongesonic
Strohhut TV
Tygames
a mustelid
The gas station I got the ice from
You!!!!!!!
Spoiler : Save Instructions :
It's recommended you resume playing Parts 4 and 5 with the same save file you beat Part 3 with, since the game keeps track of several variables. No carried over variables are required to beat the game, but they enhance the game experience.

If you don't delete your browser's history, there is no need to do anything special to keep your save data.

How to get your save as a link:
1. Click the "New Save" button on the right to make a save (preferably at the end of part 3 where it says "MAKE YOUR SAVE HERE!!!")
2. Right click the blue text.
3. Copy the link address.

Yay! You did it! Now you can paste the link in a document to use later, and paste it as a url to keep playing from it. Or you can just bookmark it.
Last edited by eerew on Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:15 pm, edited 9 times in total.
ImageImage
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Legacy K.O.B since 2023

Proud friend of TWO ONE he/theys
AshuraMage
Spoken languages: English/Portuguese

Re: [T][C][CE] Turnabout for Human Rights ○

Post by AshuraMage »

Please people, stop releasing cases, I need to work on mine for TimeAxis' comp, I need to stop getting side-tracked.

However, I will try this one just for a little bit...
In 2021 I was bored and made an AMV that now has 100K+ views
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Don't play Turnabout for Human Rights.

Despite picking this as the winner for The Miracle Happen ;) case competition for its fun dialogue, intriguing mystery, and charming presentation... it ABSOLUTELY did not deserve it! Knowing what I know now, I would have disqualified eerew and applekitty's entry and reported it to a site moderator. Turnabout for Human Rights (which I will refer to as TfHR) is a shameless plagiarism of the far superior Brawl for Human Rights (which I will refer to as BfHR), a compelling dark take of the Ace Attorney series. The creators of TfHR took plot aspects from the amazing BfHR series and made them into bad taste "jokes", disrespecting the source material. As evidence for this claim, just look at the concept art they've made for it, a blatant tracing of BfHR's concept art. You might see that its not in the OP, but if you go into the AACD discord and type in the search bar "from:eerew#8035 has:image yay" you will surely find it. Ask yourself, why would they not put it in the OP if they weren't AFRAID of being outed for their troubling behavior. (Edit: It looks like eerew edited it in the op after I called him out in an effort to discredit me). I ask each and every one of you to stand in solidarity with me and boycott TfHR and then maybe we can send a message that this sort of idea stealing is unacceptable in this community.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Dylan Dog
Spoken languages: English, Italian, Spanish, a little German.

Post by Dylan Dog »

I agree
The Fury Wraith
Spoken languages: English, Dutch

Post by The Fury Wraith »

This case is terrible. It insists upon itself. I wish I could say something positive about the story, but I really can't. I genuinely feel dumber for having played it. It takes forever to get in, and you spend like 6 and a half hours doing nothing and then you get through it all and you can't even finish this case. I've never seen the ending. But I'm not sure if I want to at this point. The rest is going to be spoilers, so I'll put that into spoiler tags.
Spoiler : :
You play as Evan Denceforge, who's name is a rip off of Evan Seinfeld. The old English translation of the name "Evan" could also be interpreted as "Heir of the Earth" or "The King". That's the most egotistical thing I've ever heard. Anyway, he goes on an adventure with his friend to go on a ghost hunt and ride shopping carts or whatever. They stop doing it, however, because a of a stool. Yes, I'm dead serious.

Then some nobody character dies from a TvTropes article that once got deleted from a game that's not even out yet. How are we supposed to care about that? The first day of the trial is spent on discussing whether or not the case is even worth bringing onto trial. Well, if we have trials for that, why don't we have trials for deciding we should have trials whether it's worth discussing if the case is even worth bringing onto trial? It's just logically inconsistent.

You then spend the entire day at Applebees. This was my favorite part, but I'm not going to explain why.

Then Evan decides to sneak his way into a building. The controls are awful, cause you can't even crouch. Whatever you do, you get caught. Then the trial happens like nothing happened. Then, you [I got a cease and desist from the author, so I can't reveal what happens here]. There are no special moves, no combo's... Is this supposed to be fun? You also die in 1 hit. Great.

Oh, and whoever voiced Alberto sucks.
I agree with Trybien. Do not play this case. You're wasting your time by playing it.

I have no idea how the authors can salvage this, but I'm looking forward to seeing how they try. I will definitely play it once the rest is out. I'm giving it a 9/10 so far. Prolly will bump it up to a 9.1 if Sound Greg gets more screentime.
Case made by me: Turnabout Retribution
MasqueradeDemure

Post by MasqueradeDemure »

As I have somehow become someone within Eerew's inner circle, I feel obligated to review this case and give my full honest opinion. This also beat Sublime Turnabout in the Case Comp, which as we all know was an unrushed case with no flaws whatsoever. Below are my thoughts.
Spoiler : Review :
Turnabout for Humans Rights is perfect example of the sad decline of the Ace Attorney Online community, which I have been a very prominent member of for a very signifgant amount of time, Trybien will back me up on this, I've been on this website just as long.

TfHR is directly responsible for the erosion of a respected and iconic characters within the AAO community, and furthermore characters have been created by pillars of our community that deserve our utmost respect and worship.

This case is the direct cause for the recent 'yassification' of standing iconic OC Alberto Quintero who has stood as one of our most iconic characters since his creator by our lord and savior Hesseldahl in 2015, which is a long time ago, a before Undertale long time ago. Though the character was notably implied to be gay before (source: look at him) Eerew and Applekitty have reduced him from a fully formed character to a object of the fandom's desires, and all while consistently queer-baiting us through the entirety of TfHR. Never before had my pure untarnished eyes had to behold 'yassified' art of this character until the release of TfHR. Now the only discussion about him is about his queer not-relationship with an inferior straight OC (Evan Denceforge) and the fact that he has acquired 'cake'. Worst of all, even Hesseldahl himself has fallen for this scheme put in place by known disturber of peace Eerew and has started to create an updated sprite set of Alberto Quintero that is universally considered 'sexier' .

This is not even mentioning the forever rebrand of fellow 2015 OC Dez Eyener. This OC will now forever be recognized as 'Sound Greg' by the community at large, ever since the moment he delivered the iconic line "wubbalubbadubdub", a line so impactful that even creator Eerew retaliated when we added it to our discord community's ocquotes bot. Given that Eyener's creator SuperAj3 is recognized by TV tropes themselves as a legendary member of our community this event cannot go unnoticed.

I remember a time before Eerew and Applekitty joined the AACD discord community. We took ourselves more seriously and made better cases (source: look at the cases I have released post-eerew). We could also self-deprecate without getting jumped by a known enjoyer of DD's Phantom, which was very good and healthy. Those were truly different times, but I am getting off topic.

The point is as follows: I will never be able to view these characters in the same way again.

The creators of TfHR will not be forgiven.

That said the special 'airport speedrun' gif played at the beginning of the case is in 30fps. Also the concept behind the culprit is quite silly, if I do say so myself. 10/10.
TimeAxis

Post by TimeAxis »

Since it doesn’t seem like I’m going to be able to trust anybody’s word on this case, and it did win the comp it was in, I suppose I’ll have to play it to see what it’s all about, although I’ll wait until it’s done. If I play it and end up feeling like I have any remotely useful feedback for it, I’ll provide it, otherwise I’ll just say whether I personally vibed with it or not. I look forward to it being finished.
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

My review:
Hello, my name is SuperAj3 and I'm the artist for Sound Greg.

I would like to explain why I didn't sprite for Turnabout for Human Rights.

The Human Rights franchise made an approximated $450,000,000 (not including merchandise).

As a spriter I trained for a total of 7 and a half years. 3 years at court-records.net, art coach MercurialSK and 4 years with the legendary Hesseldahl.

And what did they think this was worth? What did they offer to pay me? The final offer to do the whole game, flat rate, was $0.00 USD.

This is an insult to me and the time I took to work on my talent and everything I have given to this game and to the fans. I am asking the fans to boycott this game and instead, spend the time which you would've spent on this game donating it to charity.

I didn't want the world. I didn't ask for too much. I was just asking a decent, dignified living wage. /j

9/10 funny case, lots of inside jokes and I want to see how it ends.
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
applekitty

Post by applekitty »

My reply to the hate:
I hate The Beatles. There. I’ve said it. If that’s a little vague, ambiguous or confusing, permit me to clarify and elaborate; I loathe the Fab Four with every fibre of my being. In fact, the strength of my feelings, regarding the world’s first boy band, probably borders on the pathological...

Already I can hear the howls of outrage and indignation from the legions of Beatles snobs and drones. With only the possible exceptions of Catholics, Daily Mail readers and BNP voters, these poor souls must surely be the most conned, gullible and brain-washed cross-section of humanity to have ever drawn breath?

In terms of articulating my feelings, it’s difficult to know where to start, given that the reasons for my detestation are passionate, long-held and many. I’ll do my best, though. Promise…

So, let’s set the ball rolling then, by looking firstly at their undoubted commercial success which, mystifyingly, many hold up as some kind of evidence of their musical omnipotence. This is easily disposed of. To get things in some sort of perspective, consider, if you will, The Spice Girls; easily one of, if not the, biggest all-girl acts ever, with record sales that dwarf those of eight out of ten other manufactured pop puppets. While I accept that all art is largely a subjective matter, surely we can all agree that “I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really, really, really, wanna zigga zig ahh” is, frankly, bollocks by any commonly accepted criteria? Mind you, it holds up at least as well as “she loves you yeah, yeah, yeah. She loves you yeah, yeah, yeah, she loves you yeah, yeah, yeah”. The conclusion, by now, should be clear to even the most fundamentalist Beatles disciple; commercial success is not an infallible barometer of artistic merit or credibility.

The other fiercely held conviction among the faithful goes something like this: “Ah, but if it weren’t for The Beatles, you wouldn’t have had [insert name of some incredibly implausible band]”. Again, utter bollocks and infuriating, ill-informed drivel. Now, this may surprise you but they weren’t actually responsible for every great musical event that followed them, you know.

Cream, Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Iron Butterfly, The Who, Deep Purple and the Stones owe zero, nada, zilch to those over-rated Scouse conmen and they were all a damn site more innovative, revolutionary and superior in every respect, anyway.

In fact, I reckon the most influential musician of the entire 20th century has surely got to be Robert Johnson. By a huge margin. Modern blues, jazz, rock ‘n’ roll and then, ultimately metal, hard rock and even punk, with its penchant for the hackneyed Three Chord Trick, all stem, to one degree or another, from his legendary, seminal twenty nine songs. The blues permeates the most vital contemporary music of the last century like a rich seam of platinum. It runs like blood through the beating heart of just about any music of note outside the classical world. Don’t even try and claim a similar legacy for those third-rate, mop-topped hacks. I’ll just laugh. Or poke you in the eye with my pen. As if a case could ever be made for, say, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath or even Simon and Garfunkel being, in any way, defined by some shallow, plastic, pop-tarts from the 60s! Go on; try . Yeah, thought so…

Oh, but hang on a moment, though; Lennon & McCartney were the greatest songwriters of the 20th century, weren’t they? Really? Better than, say, Bacharach and David? Irving Berlin, Ray Davies, Brian Wilson, Hank Williams, Elvis Costello, Bob Dylan, Nick Cave, Nick Drake, Pete Townsend or even Paul Weller? Behave.

In terms of song writing, Robert Johnson and the pioneering Bluesmen perfected the classic I-IV-V chord progression that everyone, including the bloody Beatles, has done to death. To come from a completely different angle, in terms of melodic understanding, harmonic construction and technically superior composition, even ABBA were working on a level our Merseyside charlatans could only dream about.

In a similar vein, a friend of mine observed, “when you think about the level of fame and adoration they enjoyed, then think about other bands of the sixties who were forever in their shadow it puts it into perspective. Their song writing was weak (unlike say, The Kinks), their voices were weaker (unlike say, Chris Farlowe or Del Shannon) and their instrumentation lacklustre (unlike say, The Byrds) all of which would be easier to forgive had they not wholeheartedly bought into their own mythology. They were a bunch of preening, jumped up little shits and the ones that remain are ridiculous, vain old men with a God complex. They’re shit. That’s it”.

So that takes care of their early oeuvre but we all know, don’t we, that the White Album, Revolver and Sergeant Pepper’s Dreary Club Band were the works that saw them mature into really great musical visionaries, though, yes? Well, if ill-disciplined, drug-induced, pretentious doodling is your thing, then maybe, yeah. Personally, “semolina dripping from a dead dog’s eye” “I am the walrus, I am the Egg-man” and “you’ve been a naughty girl, you’ve let your knickers down” are not quite the incisive capturing of the zeitgeist that springs to mind when I ponder the post-war artistic and cultural revolutions.

It’s probably the right time to surprise you and say that, unlike my friend, I don’t actually think The Beatles are crap, per se. No, really, I don’t. Yesterday is a fine tune, to give just one example (although even here we can thank George Martin’s inspired addition of a string quartet as the element that lifts the song to, possibly, genius-level) and, to be fair, I think they wrote perfectly acceptable three or four minute packages of shallow, pop-puff that reflected, quite well, the new, breezy, optimistic vibe of the Swinging Sixties. If only they’d left it there. But no; they had to go to India, consort with religious nutters, buy a sitar, get all mystical and start taking seriously the hysteria surrounding them. Horror of horrors, they actually started to believe they were, God help us, Serious Artistes!

As far as individual musical proficiency goes, it’ll take barely a paragraph to pull these fakers from their Ivory Tower and expose the Emperor’s New Clothes (excuse the mixed metaphors; that’s what they do to me, God damn ‘em!). Ringo, you’re first up, my man; as a drummer, Mr Starr, as Lennon himself famously remarked, was not only not the best drummer in the world, he wasn’t “…even the best drummer in The Beatles”. Sadly, poor old Ringo lacked sufficient talent to even polish John Bonham’s cymbals. Or pour Keith Moon’s booze. Or even chop Ginger Baker’s lines with his sticks.

Lennon, as most are forced to reluctantly acknowledge, could barely play guitar at all and George Harrison’s most elevated Beatles moment arrived courtesy of Clapton’s sublime solo on When My Guitar Gently Weeps. As surely it must’ve done, with relief and gratitude, no doubt, when Eric picked it up; at last! A real musician, pluck me, baby!

Macca? Ironically, probably the most talented of the musically juvenile foursome, he still couldn’t disguise the fact that his mediocre talent was more suited to Broadway and the kitsch world of stage musicals than rock ‘n’ roll. Not that they were ever a rock ‘n’ roll band, of course. The very thought is laughable. No, they were always a pop band. Even your Granny likes ‘em.

The real irritant, though, is that they are easily the most overrated band to have ever entered a recording studio, bar none. Thanks to Epstein, they were marketed, packaged, hyped and sold to an impressionable public, desperately yearning for some escapism following the years of post-war austerity, with the myth enduring to this very day. In fact, it’s here, really, that they made their biggest impact on popular culture; a towering testament to the power of marketing, advertising and hype. The world’s first, and still, its most successful, boy band.

You wanna talk about their legacy? The Osmonds, Westlife, Boyzone and JL bloody S are their natural heirs! Oh all right, maybe a tad harsh; after all, they were directly responsible for the Gallagher brothers and Oasis, too. Yeah. Like, thanks lads…

TL;DR The Beatles are overrated, deal with it.
ImageImageImage
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Finished playing through this. For anyone reading this in the future, this means up to part 3 since that's what's currently released. I'll be putting my thoughts in a spoiler tag for obvious reasons. I'll say right beforehand that this post/opinion piece/whatever this is has a very unusual structure that might seem strange, though I do mean it as 100% earnest thoughts on my end.
Spoiler : Spoilers :
The Touken Ranbu franchise is one that has literally nothing to do with Turnabout for Human Rights but I'm bringing it up for a specific reason. This franchise with a bunch of pretty boys in it features the human forms of a lot of historical famous swords, including swords that are famous for being copies/"fakes" of other, more reputable swords. But what's "real" and "fake" actually means something very different from person to person. A swordsman who wields a "fake" sword with pride and loves it wholeheartedly is easily more "genuine" than a swordsman who wields the genuine article while having no interest in it. The idea of a "fake" matching or surpassing the original is a theme that I've always been fascinated by in media. Stories about body doubles having to pretend to be someone else because that someone perished but it's important for people to believe they're alive. The idea of a copycat triumphing over the original. A "ripoff" of something arguably doing much better than the original did. That sort of thing.

I think that calling anything a "fake" or comparing it to one comes across much more harshly and negatively than I mean for it to, hence all the disclaimers. It's a fact that after finishing the first part of this, I was informed that a lot of the ideas of it came from seeing a different thread for a fangame that never took off the ground. My initial gut reaction was to believe this was in poor taste as a sort of mean-spirited joke, though after some time processing the info I was given I thought about how it could be seen as a tribute instead. After all, I'd probably be flattered if someone took the ideas of my younger, inexperienced self, and got something from then that inspired their own works. So that's sort of complicated, isn't it? I'll admit I'm still not sure how to feel about it, not helped by the fact that creative types naturally have many different opinions on things and are prone to growing, disagreeing, and being contradictory in nature. Creation is full of copying and tearing things down to its base, then reconstructing it again. Except roughly a thousand times messier, the process is rarely "clean" even if the end result is perceived as such.

There's another reason I bring up this idea of what's "genuine" and "fake" and how the two intermingle. Very coincidentally, while I was going through Turnabout for Human Rights, I had another window open with a BL work on it, one that I've been enjoying quite a lot. I very much enjoy consuming queer media, though of course queer media is kind of extremely wide since it can be literally almost anything. Along with a story that I wrote, Turnabout for Human Rights also won a Pride award in the competition that it was made for. Despite the fact that Evan and Alberto spend a significant amount of their banter arguing about which one of them is what sexuality, it's a fact that their interactions are very very gay. I was reminded of some queer works I read especially when I was younger, ones where characters who were officially called "heterosexual" were still paired up with other members of the same gender. There's a variety of reasons for this that can't really be tackled in some random forum post like this. Maybe the author's understanding of sexuality is different from mine, maybe the characters don't know better terminology to use, perhaps the work is exploring the concept of "situational sexuality" (there's a lot that can be said about this that others have done a much better job of, also this isn't really the place for it considering the complicated history both in real life and in media). Still, it's a fact that some of my earliest exposure to gay media centered around supposedly heterosexual characters, sometimes done in very interesting ways that explore sexuality and fluidity well, other times in uh. Extremely offensive ways. But even those works that I find haven't stood the test of my modern-day tastes were still important to a different version of myself.

So while I had open in another window a BL work that featured very romantic confessions of love between male characters that was very clear that the characters were very gay (or maybe bi), I read through Turnabout for Human Rights, with its protagonist who in-between his attraction to his best friend also says that he's totally straight, for real. And I realized that despite one of these works being much more unambiguous, Turnabout for Human Rights is still a BL work in my mind, the same way those messy stories were. The same way that something like The Great Ace Attorney is because I think Ryunosuke and Kazuma would be cute together and they aren't "officially" together. The same way that something like 13 Sentinels counts as a BL work for me, even though the BL subplot of that game is just one of many, many, many subplots in it. A wiser person than I once said that if they saw two characters with a fun dynamic in the same scene, they liked to pair them up, whether romantically or platonically (and regardless of how much or how little sense it made otherwise). This is why even if the main dynamic is filled with jokes and might be seen as "fake", in its fakeness it's still seen as "genuine" to me. Does that make sense? (It might not, but I suppose the important part is that it makes sense to me.)

While the humor wasn't exactly my thing, I really enjoyed the commitment to how long is spent with just Alberto and Evan. The cast eventually expands very rapidly, but at the start and for quite a while it's just the two of them bantering and making jokes that I sometimes find in poor taste. I especially admire how much optional dialogue was in part 1 in particular, and I was a bit saddened to see that there wasn't as much in part 3, though as a fellow creative I completely understand that part 3 was made while trying to meet the comp deadline. Also writing a million conversations for the same presents with the same characters (but in different circumstances) is kind of A Lot, isn't it? Still, it's probably for this reason that I think I enjoyed part 1 the most out of the released parts so far (even though it's also the one I got stuck on randomly, oops).

The dynamic of this case took some time for me to get used to, though having read Trybien and Spongesonic's reviews during the case comp helped me prep myself to a certain extent. While it was very different (much more serious) it reminded me of my own attempt at doing a sort of blend of a comedy and a serious trial that was supposed to make you think. Of course, like I said before, my attempt was a lot more serious but had characters be very comedic (and was also done by a much less experienced me who didn't manage the balance quite that well). I imagine people's takes on this trial will heavily come down to whether that balance works out well for them since it is mostly comedy but still asks you to think over the evidence and try to use some amount of logic, no matter how ridiculous that logic is. To tell you the truth, I'm still not sure if I liked this trial or not, but I know that a lot of people did and it feels like the authors had a fun time making it. And I can still appreciate the effort either way, I think.

To go over the gameplay a bit: I mentioned this in the case developers Discord, but I struggled in part 1 in the Operating Room trying to find all the things to examine. In addition, I also completely misunderstood the "pursuit" mechanic in court (long story short: the way the tutorial worked made me not realize that a press conversation could have multiple pursuit opportunities, so I kept going with the first one and wondering why I couldn't proceed no matter what I did). Aside from those hiccups, I did enjoy the gameplay, particularly the amount of optional dialogue both from pressing and from the "wrong" choices. It really gave the case a lot of its flavor.

While this type of story isn't my thing, I still appreciate the time and effort that went into it, and I look forward to parts 4 and 5 when they release. As someone else who writes very niche stories (albeit of a very different kind), I'm rooting for you to tell the best versions of the stories you want to tell and have fun doing it. I genuinely mean that.

Oh right, while I've been typing this post, I've been listening to Boogiepop music in the background. That's also a queer series. It has literally nothing to do with this post. I just felt like bringing it up because I like Boogiepop. It makes me happy. I hope the creators of this also have the chance to experience a lot of media that influences them and makes them happy.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
pinkcocoapowder
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by pinkcocoapowder »

wow ! what a game ! i will say words about it

spoilers: review: whatever:
things you need to know about me before i continue: i love images, sounds, and having fun. You know its going to be awesome when the case has all three of these things, and some of my favorite images appear in the first part! this game rivals hentai color by number on steam in images with its numerous custom assets, mostly backgrounds, which look super good and help set the tone. The use of purples at select locations made me smile. Its so awesome. You can see the hard work put into them and their partner, the examine portions, which had plenty of mysterious and spooky things and a multitude of silly goofy fun-time moments that serve as a way entertain and make you wonder about the authors’ wellbeings throughout the entire playthrough....

the court portion of the case... I was a little silly and struggled on all two and a half of my playthroughs but it was ok tho i got thru it. Simply a skill issue. evans sprites themselves are super quirky and look so cutesy. hes a silly guy and the banter with alberto reaaaaaaally shines through here… it was a very uwa~ >v< ! and kyaa~ !! experience, much like the hit game among us, which has recently released its vr counterpart for ten dollars plus a maybe 300 dollar vr headset, if youre lucky.

All im saying… i enjoy silliness and this game is a reservoir of fun……… im still trying to be a little vague with what i enjoyed because as much as i want to gush about the case and even if this is spoiler tagged, i feel like you need to play this as blind as possible. But the use of specific characters and even music choices brought a smile to my face. Its just kitty and eerew having a fun time making an entertaining yet gripping case. especially with part 3. this is the true meat of the case. the jokes left me dead and it leaves off in such a way that it kills the reader with anticipation. this is all i can say on the matter.

Special words from my sibling, who played most of the case: it SUCKED. but it was a pretty cool game i liked the [redacted]. the [redacted] were pretty cool. i don't know. um uhhh. i don't know. i liked it though it was fun. [redacted]. what is its role in the story.

with this, i leave my parting words: spoiler:
while it will take you a couple hours even if you have instant text on and youre being yelled at because youre ruining the bits or something, the case has gripping story and visuals and silly moments are riddled through the game so it feels like no time has passed at all......
Last edited by pinkcocoapowder on Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
If you agree, please add this to your signature...
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
eerew

Post by eerew »

THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!
ImageImage
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Legacy K.O.B since 2023

Proud friend of TWO ONE he/theys
Msipp26

Post by Msipp26 »

Trybien wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:00 pm Don't play Turnabout for Human Rights.

Despite picking this as the winner for The Miracle Happen ;) case competition for its fun dialogue, intriguing mystery, and charming presentation... it ABSOLUTELY did not deserve it! Knowing what I know now, I would have disqualified eerew and applekitty's entry and reported it to a site moderator. Turnabout for Human Rights (which I will refer to as TfHR) is a shameless plagiarism of the far superior Brawl for Human Rights (which I will refer to as BfHR), a compelling dark take of the Ace Attorney series. The creators of TfHR took plot aspects from the amazing BfHR series and made them into bad taste "jokes", disrespecting the source material. As evidence for this claim, just look at the concept art they've made for it, a blatant tracing of BfHR's concept art. You might see that it's not in the OP, but if you go into the AACD discord and type in the search bar "from:eerew#8035 has:image yay" you will surely find it. Ask yourself, why would they not put it in the OP if they weren't AFRAID of being outed for their troubling behavior. (Edit: It looks like eerew edited it in the op after I called him out in an effort to discredit me). I ask each and every one of you to stand in solidarity with me and boycott TfHR and then maybe we can send a message that this sort of idea stealing is unacceptable in this community.
https://forums.court-records.net/viewto ... 36&t=33600
There is evidence for eerew having known about BfHR, namely his post in the forum for it 3 months before this thread, in addition to this, it's obvious from...everything...that some inspiration was taken, as one look at the synopsis and the case 2 and 3, it cannot be denied that everything is similar, however since BfHR is not actually out (as far as I can tell) its similarities only truly go so far as to prove inspirations were taken, and the whole thing having the same name of BfHR's last case is definitely not a good look, in conclusion, while I heavily suspect foul play and ill-intent, and am willing to believe the tracing without seeing it, the tracing is really not too decisive anyway, as eerew could easily claim that it was beta-art that he always intended to change, and while editing the post is definitely suspect in itself, especially as it only happened after he was called out, it's circumstantial at best, and there's nothing to definitely prove either argument, however, I'm much more inclined to be skeptical of eerew because Trybien receives 0 benefit from lying, and in fact, could easily wind up being completely discredited, while eerew has won a major competition and stands to gain notoriety and possibly popularity should he uphold a lie.
:dekiller:
just a guy with a lot of ideas but who isn't very good at executing them.

THERE ARE MYSTERIES OTHER THAN LOCKED ROOMS, YOU GUYS. NOT EVERY CASE HAS TO BE A LOCKED ROOM MYSTERY.

comment "Danganronpa chapter 3" on any trial with more than one murder
eerew

Post by eerew »

Msipp26 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:10 am
Trybien wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:00 pm Don't play Turnabout for Human Rights.

Despite picking this as the winner for The Miracle Happen ;) case competition for its fun dialogue, intriguing mystery, and charming presentation... it ABSOLUTELY did not deserve it! Knowing what I know now, I would have disqualified eerew and applekitty's entry and reported it to a site moderator. Turnabout for Human Rights (which I will refer to as TfHR) is a shameless plagiarism of the far superior Brawl for Human Rights (which I will refer to as BfHR), a compelling dark take of the Ace Attorney series. The creators of TfHR took plot aspects from the amazing BfHR series and made them into bad taste "jokes", disrespecting the source material. As evidence for this claim, just look at the concept art they've made for it, a blatant tracing of BfHR's concept art. You might see that it's not in the OP, but if you go into the AACD discord and type in the search bar "from:eerew#8035 has:image yay" you will surely find it. Ask yourself, why would they not put it in the OP if they weren't AFRAID of being outed for their troubling behavior. (Edit: It looks like eerew edited it in the op after I called him out in an effort to discredit me). I ask each and every one of you to stand in solidarity with me and boycott TfHR and then maybe we can send a message that this sort of idea stealing is unacceptable in this community.
https://forums.court-records.net/viewto ... 36&t=33600
There is evidence for eerew having known about BfHR, namely his post in the forum for it 3 months before this thread, in addition to this, it's obvious from...everything...that some inspiration was taken, as one look at the synopsis and the case 2 and 3, it cannot be denied that everything is similar, however since BfHR is not actually out (as far as I can tell) its similarities only truly go so far as to prove inspirations were taken, and the whole thing having the same name of BfHR's last case is definitely not a good look, in conclusion, while I heavily suspect foul play and ill-intent, and am willing to believe the tracing without seeing it, the tracing is really not too decisive anyway, as eerew could easily claim that it was beta-art that he always intended to change, and while editing the post is definitely suspect in itself, especially as it only happened after he was called out, it's circumstantial at best, and there's nothing to definitely prove either argument, however, I'm much more inclined to be skeptical of eerew because Trybien receives 0 benefit from lying, and in fact, could easily wind up being completely discredited, while eerew has won a major competition and stands to gain notoriety and possibly popularity should he uphold a lie.
Actually it's just a coincidence
Croc

Post by Croc »

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm gonna wreck it
I made terrible cases don't play them, if you want to play good stuff from me stay tuned for when I release my actual games lmao.