Red Truth

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

DeathByAutoscroll
Spoken languages: English

Re: Red Truth

Post by DeathByAutoscroll »

A Fury & SL comp would be a sight to behold...

Regardless of who hosts though, I am excited to see what amazing and wacky awards will be seen at the ceremony, and to play some of these cases :side:
Thrower of bricks.

Co-host of the Into the Takumi-verse case compeition.

Stuff I've made in 2 weeks:
The Impossible Turnabout
Erinaceinae Griminance

Cases I have collabed on:
Don't Resort to a Turnabout (W.I.P)
Trucy's Magical Catastrophe
That time I got reincarnated as a fictional Defence Lawyer in An Ace Attorney fangame and had to defend myself against incredibly unfair odds.

Stuff I've made by myself that is good:
...maybe in the future.
XavierWright

Post by XavierWright »

Super legenda wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:30 pm
TimeAxis wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:21 pm good comp, okay who wants to make the next one?
Me me! I am already getting things ready. :wellington:
Make it a good theme then, I already have an idea for the AU I want to use for this one.

Yes, I think I've come to accept that AU cases are my favorite type to make.

TimeAxis

Post by TimeAxis »

for transparency's sake I feel the need to clarify that I was shartposting about the general lack of fanfare or acknowledgement from the judges that judging was complete. With that out of the way, you may resume serious discussion of this shartpost.
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
Super legenda
Spoken languages: Español e Ingles

Post by Super legenda »

DeathByAutoscroll wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:44 pm A Fury & SL comp would be a sight to behold...

Regardless of who hosts though, I am excited to see what amazing and wacky awards will be seen at the ceremony, and to play some of these cases :side:
A judge that despises Meta and one that loves Meta, it'd be a... Sight indeed.
ikuzonos
Spoken languages: English, limited French

Post by ikuzonos »

Excited to see the ceremony! Responses to reviews:
Spoiler : :
Trybien: Fair point with the presentation. I wasn't sure on what to do with it at the end, but I agree it's a bit lacklustre. Idk, maybe Banned and I can figure out something cooler for when it's showcased.

Spongesonic: That error has been fixed now, thank you for catching it! I put it in last minute and forgot to reset the variables. Yeah, I think the ending needs a bit of editing; we were coming up on the deadline and I was at the point where I knew I'd be sick if I kept fiddling with it.

eerew: I originally wrote 'rifles' and Fury told me to change it. Blame him :april: I do think it would be worthwhile to edit the criteria for the true ending, there are a couple hints (though you may have missed one of them since you mentioned savescumming?) but making it a tad more obvious what you should do is something I've been thinking on.

Thank you to all of you for your thoughts! <3
DeathByAutoscroll

Spongesonic wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:10 am Btw, if ya'll wanna keep working on your entries now that judging is over, go right ahead.
It brings great joy to announce the presentation issues mentioned in your review have been fixed (except for the start of the case, that is intentional) and the case is practically playable by request come the ceremony's release. :maggey:
Thrower of bricks.

The Impossible Turnabout
Erinaceinae Griminance

That time I got reincarnated as a fictional Defence Lawyer in An Ace Attorney fangame and had to defend myself against incredibly unfair odds.

...maybe in the future.
eerew

Post by eerew »

TimeAxis wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:48 pm for transparency's sake I feel the need to clarify that I was shartposting about the general lack of fanfare or acknowledgement from the judges that judging was complete. With that out of the way, you may resume serious discussion of this shartpost.
This post is awesome. Nothing more to share. Please post more like it in the future...!!
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

TimeAxis wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:48 pm for transparency's sake I feel the need to clarify that I was shartposting about the general lack of fanfare or acknowledgement from the judges that judging was complete. With that out of the way, you may resume serious discussion of this shartpost.
We gotta keep you all on your toes, too much fanfare would make the impossible seem possible.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
The Fury Wraith
Spoken languages: English, Dutch

Post by The Fury Wraith »

Trybien wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:24 pm I think TheFuryWraith would make a good host...
Who's ''TheFuryWraith'' and why would he make a good host? Isn't that the YTber with no videos that eerew is subscribed to? Why not me or that guy that goes by ''Fury'' on Discord?
ikuzonos wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:39 pm Excited to see the ceremony! Responses to reviews:
Trybien: Fair point with the presentation. I wasn't sure on what to do with it at the end, but I agree it's a bit lacklustre. Idk, maybe Banned and I can figure out something cooler for when it's showcased.

Spongesonic: That error has been fixed now, thank you for catching it! I put it in last minute and forgot to reset the variables. Yeah, I think the ending needs a bit of editing; we were coming up on the deadline and I was at the point where I knew I'd be sick if I kept fiddling with it.

eerew: I originally wrote 'rifles' and Fury told me to change it. Blame him :april: I do think it would be worthwhile to edit the criteria for the true ending, there are a couple hints (though you may have missed one of them since you mentioned savescumming?) but making it a tad more obvious what you should do is something I've been thinking on.

Thank you to all of you for your thoughts! <3
Oh yeah, my bad. I had my ''rifles'' mixed up there. Someone should've beta tested my beta test report, really.
Case made by me: Turnabout Retribution
Spongesonic

Post by Spongesonic »

Those of you on AACD will already know this, but we're having technical difficulties with the awards ceremony. It's suddenly disappeared from our trial managers, and upon further testing, it seems to be an issue caused by a bug in the mobile version of AAO. Enth has tried to get in contact with Unas to see if it can be restored, but if we don't hear back by Monday, we're giving up and announcing the winner without an awards ceremony. We hope it doesn't come to that, and we're sorry for the delay.
Winner of the "Broken Commandments" Case Competition
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Misc. Information
Steam: spongesonic
Youtube: SpongesonicPictures
TimeAxis

Post by TimeAxis »

That is really weird considering that there is no mobile version of AAO, and the recent update that adds mobile QoL fixes pretty much only changes some CSS. Does this mean any trial we edit is at risk of disappearing until this is fixed? And are you unable to access it even from a direct link (like from your browser histories)?

I assume you've been through all this already, so no point in troubleshooting in the thread I guess. But damn.
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

TimeAxis wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:59 am That is really weird considering that there is no mobile version of AAO, and the recent update that adds mobile QoL fixes pretty much only changes some CSS. Does this mean any trial we edit is at risk of disappearing until this is fixed? And are you unable to access it even from a direct link (like from your browser histories)?

I assume you've been through all this already, so no point in troubleshooting in the thread I guess. But damn.
From base testing, it looks like its more an interaction with how certain mobile browsers refresh their page. It disappeared on a swipe down to refresh, and I managed to reproduce it once on another old trial where it deleted without the confirmation dialogue appearing; however, haven't been able to do it again even when intentionally trying to hit the delete button or trigger the dialogue mid load. (That is presuming it was caused by a delete and not some other corruption issue.)

Regardless, Enth has contacted Unas and all we can do is hope and pray at this point.
TimeAxis

Post by TimeAxis »

Well, if there ends up being no award ceremony, it's not the end of the world. Nobody can really blame you there. But hopefully it can be restored. There is precedent for deleted trials being restored if that's what happened.

I just tested that, and yeah if you accidentally clicked the delete button and held it down, like when you hold down a link to open a new tab and then let go and the new tab disappears, it would happen without confirmation. I could see that happening while someone's trying to refresh. (This can also happen on Desktop, if you middle click the delete button to open it in a new tab. No confirmation.)
Last edited by TimeAxis on Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

TimeAxis wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:18 am Well, if there ends up being no award ceremony, it's not the end of the world. Nobody can really blame you there. But hopefully it can be restored. There is precedent for deleted trials being restored if that's what happened.
Yeah, I am really hoping its a simple restore a deleted trial and doesn't turn out to be some weird corruption bug. AJ's weird "Set Action" sending uncaught exceptions might be fueling my fear a bit. Best not to catastrophise now, it will likely be restored at somepoint, and I hope to at least release what we made even if its after the winners are announced.
DeathByAutoscroll

Spongesonic wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:18 am Those of you on AACD will already know this, but we're having technical difficulties with the awards ceremony. It's suddenly disappeared from our trial managers, and upon further testing, it seems to be an issue caused by a bug in the mobile version of AAO. Enth has tried to get in contact with Unas to see if it can be restored, but if we don't hear back by Monday, we're giving up and announcing the winner without an awards ceremony. We hope it doesn't come to that, and we're sorry for the delay.
Has there been any luck in recovering the ceremony?
Thrower of bricks.

The Impossible Turnabout
Erinaceinae Griminance

...maybe in the future.