[M][CE] Summation of a Turnabout ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Dylan Dog
Spoken languages: English, Italian, Spanish, a little German.

[M][CE] Summation of a Turnabout ●

Post by Dylan Dog »

A Shin-Honkaku VS Shakai extravaganza

Click to play
All credits immediately available in-game.
All asset portions that used Discord have been migrated to Github successfully.

Walkthrough:
Spoiler : :
The Macro-Overview is entirely optional and creates no change later in the game.

Select "The room was not perfectly sealed".
Select "The windows' state at the crime scene".

Type "1".
Point to the locked door.
Select "Escape was impossible".
Select "I don't think I can".
Select "To mess with the electrics".
Select "Nonsense".

Present Phone Call Information on Athena's statement.
Present Phone Call Information on Electra's statement.
Press Electra's new statement.
Present Some Use of the Stairs on Athena's new statement.
Select "is withholding some information from me".
Present Downstairs Alibi on Electra's new statement.
Select "Rosa Sorto is the culprit".
Press Electra's new statement.
Present Rosa Sorto's Movements on Ada's statement.
Press Italo's statement.
Present Window Information on Italo's new statement.
Press Italo's new statement.
Present Suspicious Draught on Athena's new statement.
Press Natalia's new statement.
Select "Demand an Answer".
Press Rosa's statement.
Give up.
Last edited by Dylan Dog on Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Re: [M][CE] Summation of a Turnabout ●

Post by Blackrune »

This has some interesting gameplay ideas I wouldn't mind seeing more of.
The presentation is also remarkable.
The story has its moments, although it was a bit hit-or-miss for me.
I think it's worth experiencing. And if you happen to be an Umineko fan you're bound to be entertained.
TimeAxis
Spoken languages: English

Post by TimeAxis »

This was one of my favorite entries in the comp. Strongly recommend.
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)
skyem

Post by skyem »

It is time to collapse from exhaustion.
ImageImageImage
DeathByAutoscroll

Post by DeathByAutoscroll »

Spoiler : Thoughts :
Presentation was good, I feel like I got a baaaaaaaaaad ending but apparently it's the correct one. Presentation was great... Have I mentioned the presentation was great?... oh also the rest of it was pretty good I guess, play and enjoy it
Thrower of bricks.

Co-host of the Into the Takumi-verse case compeition.

Stuff I've made in 2 weeks:
The Impossible Turnabout
Erinaceinae Griminance

Cases I have collabed on:
Don't Resort to a Turnabout (W.I.P)
Trucy's Magical Catastrophe
That time I got reincarnated as a fictional Defence Lawyer in An Ace Attorney fangame and had to defend myself against incredibly unfair odds.

Stuff I've made by myself that is good:
...maybe in the future.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Interesting quotes you picked for us. Anyway you should play this one, it's interesting and anyone into theorycrafting will have a good time (plus the guide is there to bail you out if you struggle more with it like I did).
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
ikuzonos
Spoken languages: English, limited French

Post by ikuzonos »

Summation was such a joy to playtest and I'm excited to see it showcased! Definitely one of those cases that you want to go into knowing as little as possible, so... go play it!!
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

In case you are wondering, yes, this is in fact an Umineko LARP.

A modest story with interesting ideas and fun puzzles. Funnily, I think the main thing holding it back is the adherence to the competition theme. I don’t know if Dylan or Skye plan on returning to this world and characters, but there is certainly stuff that is begged to be explored more.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

Well, that was really fun. I'm not going to go through and comment on most things, but...
The Cykes twins thing was so fun. Seeing Electra and Athena teaming up in court was AWESOME.
Well done. The whole case was so well put together.
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
Dylan Dog
Spoken languages: English, Italian, Spanish, a little German.

Post by Dylan Dog »

risefromtheashes wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:11 am Well, that was really fun. I'm not going to go through and comment on most things, but...
The Cykes twins thing was so fun. Seeing Electra and Athena teaming up in court was AWESOME.
Well done. The whole case was so well put together.
Glad to see you! And glad to see you enjoyed Summation.
PersonWhoExists50306

Post by PersonWhoExists50306 »

About that line where Klavier mentions how a little girl told him not to use the word "insane" to describe people,
Spoiler : Does this take place in the same continuity as :
Turnabout Divergence?
skyem

Post by skyem »

PersonWhoExists50306 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:08 am About that line where Klavier mentions how a little girl told him not to use the word "insane" to describe people,
Spoiler : Does this take place in the same continuity as :
Turnabout Divergence?
I'm glad you caught that!
Spoiler : The universe this is set in :
has turnabout divergence, as well as some other Athena related events (related to why she was invited) happen in the past. However. It doesn't mean that this is guaranteed to happen in the turnabout divergence continuity, just that this continuity has the events of turnabout divergence happen as well.
ImageImageImage
Samallama

Post by Samallama »

Promised Dylan I'd soc, but I always get too invested in serious cases like these that I just wanna live in the moment haha

Here are my thoughts:
First of all I just want to say that the presentation in this case was great. From the use of OC sprites to the music choices and all the custom graphics including a title screen which gave the case a really unique vibe. I really liked the present graphic where Sigmund talks to his boyfriend... I mean assistant :wellington: as well as the 'counter' graphics which made the gameplay much more epic and I always got excited when one came up haha

In terms of gameplay, I liked the non-stop debate mechanic, inspired by DR, which was really well done and my favourite part of the entire case. Having the custom text instead of just using the default text boxes was a really cool touch. One part of the gameplay that I didn't like is that you had a limited amount of things you could do before solving the mystery. I went back and did everything that I missed after I finished the game and was like "I would've understood and enjoyed the case more if I had done all the optional stuff the first time". On this website of course you can just save scum, but I didn't because I had the impression that the game didn't want me to. Another part of the gameplay that I didn't like was that every time you finished a talk topic with a character you were kicked out of the menu. I think just having a "back" option would've been better.

In terms of the characters, I liked Sigmund and Italo, but the rest of them I honestly found quite difficult to get invested in. I would've liked to have had a chance to talk to Ada or Rosa in private, especially considering who the culprit is. I think at least being able to talk to Rosa would've helped, as she was one of the weaker characters in my opinion. Each of the characters having temperaments was cool, but I would've liked to have known their ages as well.

In terms of the logic I still don't quite understand why Electra staged Athena's murder. Also, when asked how Athena died, I was so sure the cause was electrocution, but apparently, it was wrong because of what Lion said the crime scene looked like, but the game doesn't repeat what he said, so I still don't understand why it was wrong. At the start of the case, there is a lot of information thrown at you, which honestly went in one ear and out the other for me as I assumed it would be in the court record. There was also a lot of evidence to read, which isn't exactly a bad thing, but it was overwhelming to have it all at once and kind of took me out of the immersion a bit. For the most part, though, the logic wasn't confusing. I only had to look at the walkthrough once which was nice, and as soon as I read what to do I was like "Wow, I'm just a dumbass...".

In all honesty, I found the ending anticlimactic and this case feels like it was both needed and was hinting at a sequel. I had a lot of questions at the end like: What was happening with Sigmund? Who is Hera? Why did Johnny Vecchi want someone to kill him?

Overall this review may sound negative but I really enjoyed this case, especially the presentation and the mystery itself which had a lot of layers. I think I could've just benefited from being longer, but I understand there was a time constraint because of the comp theme.
ImageImageImage