[M][C][CE] Colton Owen: After All's Over ●○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Re: [M][C][CE] Colton Owen: After All's Over ●○

Post by SuperAj3 »

DWaM wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:13 pm Played through Wild World. Was pretty neat!
Spoiler : Wild World :
Judging by some of the judges' comments for the other entries, it would seem "meta" was a common component between a lot of the entries. I'll admit Part 1 was more engaging for me -- there was kind of an unspoken understanding that wherever this is going would have to be otherworldly, but seeing the characters react to those situations was ultimately more interesting to me than seeing the curtain fall. But so it goes -- there's not really an easy way to transition to the revelation, especially since the pacing and structure is so tight that there's nowhere else to go.

The main issue I had with Part 2 was that I'm not sure I fully understood the mechanics or even what my actions were achieving.

For example, on most scenes we were "fixing" the timeline by recreating what happened -- but in the case of the "Discovering the body scene" we flat-out made the body disappear and changed the result of the scene.

Similarly, I'm not entirely sure I understood how the two timelines thing works? My initial assumption throughout most of Part 2 that someone was fiddling around in the editor as an explanation for the impossible events -- but with more than one loop being thrown on top of it, I'm not sure I quite got it, even with the diagram...
Thanks for playing!
Spoiler : :
RE the editor, without spoiling (or I guess without having flat-out said you were changing reality to solve the case), you fix a 'mistake' spotted being the body was enabled in the editor before it was meant to be revealed. This will change how part 3 plays out. I hope this makes more sense once the final part is made. I want to stick to my guns with this and continue to make it how I envisioned.

Hearing both you and GD like the part 1 stuff warmed my heart because in my past works, that sort of thing is usually overlooked/not really liked, so I kinda pushed it on the gimmick this time LOL
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Jofe
Spoken languages: Français [100%], English [70%]

Post by Jofe »

Finished TST.
Spoiler : The Sublime Turnabout. Small notes. Not a lot :
- "Thirty-nine hard-earned dollars and ninety-nine moderately-earned cents deducted from your account." You have no idea how much I like these kind of sentences.

- Yeah, 5 stars out of 5... for robbery

- "Top Ten Sublime Products: Number 4 will surprise you!" Ok, guess the owner is a youtuber

- "It's all thanks to our founder, the Sublime Leader." Damn, I don't recognize the figure of this person AT ALL.

- Damn, this workplace seems more toxic than Amazon.

- OMG Sublime Corp is a plane

- That late "OMG I WAS DRUGGED" just get me, I laughed so hard.

Well, took me less time than I think so I didn't take much notes actually. But it was really fun, I have really liked the writing, notably the gags. The "DID I HEAR SLEEPING GAS?" into "OMG I WAS DRUGGED" one day later made my day. Very fun character by the way, Colton is a really likeable protagonist. Like I say earlier like two months ago, I will play the rest when part 3 of Wild World will be released.
Image Image Image Image Image
TimeAxis
Spoken languages: English

Post by TimeAxis »

I just finished The Sublime Turnabout. It was pretty good.
Spoiler : :
The one criticism I wrote down was "Having to examine the whiteboard again to progress, even if you've already examined it, was weird." That stumped me for a bit.

Ironically, I played this whole case thinking it was the winner of Red Truth, so I was very confused, and then when I got to the end, I thought "well that was an anticlimax", but then when the credits popped up and revealed it was actually for The Miracle Happen, everything made sense, lol. Realizing that now, it works well.

The visuals, music and overall presentation were excellent. Dialogue was fun too. Some minor gripes, like lack of wordwrapping on a lot of lines, and the progression logic not always being intuitive. But overall I had a good time with it.
Question Arcs (Threads Coming Eventually)
ImageImageImageImage
Gaiden Episodes
Champion of Turnabouts ★
HALLOWEEN HERO
Other
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attornauts
The Curious Case of the Phantom Limousine (Coming Eventually)
The Imposter's Turnabout (Coming Maybe)