Umineko no Naku Koro Ni

Discuss video games from Pong to Call of Duty, including Ace Attorney games.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

What is the best part of Umineko?

MUSIC DUH I MEAN COME ON!!!
22%
The characters. I mean, wow, they're just so... developed.
5%
Magic. Magic is awesome.
5%
MYSTERY, HECK YEAH DENY THAT WITCH'S BUTT TO THE ENDS OF PURGATORY!
11%
Trolling. I know I may sound masochistic when I say this but... yeah. I like being trolled.
2%
Theorizing and trying to figure out what the heck is going on.
11%
I can't pick. Can I choose everything?
27%
Umineko sucks. It's cliche. You should watch Twilight.
16%

Total votes: 55

TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Re: Umineko no Naku Koro Ni

Post by TheDoctor »

Look about three posts prior to yours.
Image Image Image
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

I have one thing to say for up to the point I reached:
The Ushiromiya adults (minus George) are crazy.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Out of curiosity, how far have you gotten?
Image Image Image
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

TheDoctor wrote:Out of curiosity, how far have you gotten?
Well, since that post, I have finished episode 1 and reached the point where George practices THAT in the toilet. You could say that... That comment is dead. ba dum tss
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

This is beautiful. How Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 8 should have ended...
Spoiler : Twilight of the Golden Witch spoilers :
Image Image Image
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

So, I finally completed ep 2. My, Beato and Batler are SO stubborn aren't they?
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Ah yes, the Tea Party of episode 2 was one of my favorites for that exact reason. Next up, Banquet of the Golden Witch, and this is where things start picking up speed. :D

Theories so far?
Image Image Image
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

TheDoctor wrote:Ah yes, the Tea Party of episode 2 was one of my favorites for that exact reason. Next up, Banquet of the Golden Witch, and this is where things start picking up speed. :D

Theories so far?
Theories, coming up!
Spoiler : Theory #1 :
So a thing that really surprised me was the fact that Shannon and Kanon have powers. This got me thinking. They, as well as Genji, are the only ones called "furniture", from what I remember. Combined with the fact that the Seven Sisters of Pulgthat and those goat heads are called "furniture", I can safely say that Genji and anyone who is "furniture" has some kind of power. Which leads me to the second theory.
Spoiler : Theory #2 :
At the end of ep. 2, Beatrice takes Battler as "furniture", which eventually disappoints her. Based on the previous theory, I think that Battler, unknowingly, has some kind of power, which will later be revealed somehow. Speaking of Beatrice...
Spoiler : Theory #3 :
Kinzo repeatedly cries on how much he wants to see Beatrice's smile one last time. This implies that he has already seen her smile, aka summoned her. However, since no-one ever says to have seen Beatrice, or rather anyone else besides the family, servants and Dr. Nanzo, that implies that she was somewhere else on the island, presumably in the other side of it in a house. This is heavily "implied" by the fact the Kinzo always told the kids that "The witch lives in the forest", which he meant literally. Speaking of Kinzo's kids...
Spoiler : Theory #4 :
In the first episode, Natsuhi goes to Kinzo to tell him to go down. During the final minute of their "talk", he mentions that, even though she isn't alowed to wear the family crest, she has it in her heart. Could that mean that he saw his immediate family as a disgrace to the Ushiromiya name so badly, he would allow an "outsider" take the head? Well, I don't know, since he never actually WANTS to talk about the inheritance and stuff. Still, though, he is willing to sacrifice his kids for the ritual, rather than wanting to have living Ushiromiya adults alive. Speaking of the Ushiromiya adults...
Spoiler : Theory #5 :
We all know how badly they want money, because business isn't doing well for anyone. Now, at the "aftermath" of every episode, at the very bottom, there is something along the lines of "No-one solved the mystery of the epitaph". I think that this being there implies that they will eventually will solve it, and acquire the gold. Then it's a matter of distribution, with the finder claiming that s/he wants more etc. However, there is a tight schedule. They have until midnight of the first day to solve it, otherwise, one is killed after the other for a full day. Now, speaking of killings...
Spoiler : Theory #6 :
I think Battler will win eventually. My evidence strains from the game, being not only the fact that Beatrice almost failed once, but because of the riddle section AND an emoji here. Blue truth. From what I know, this site once was like "Umineko Online", and in the riddles thread, blue truths were there to say the actual truths. From that, I can safely say that he will eventually find out the truth behind whatever Beatrice does. And after he finds the truth...
Spoiler : Theory #7 :
They will get closer in some way. This one is short: In the previous conpetition, you wanted butterflies taken from a image of Beatrice and Battler hugging. Nothing more to say on that.
So, what do you think? How close to "fact" did I fall :D ?
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Nicky Boy wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:Ah yes, the Tea Party of episode 2 was one of my favorites for that exact reason. Next up, Banquet of the Golden Witch, and this is where things start picking up speed. :D

Theories so far?
Theories, coming up!
Spoiler : Theory #1 :
So a thing that really surprised me was the fact that Shannon and Kanon have powers. This got me thinking. They, as well as Genji, are the only ones called "furniture", from what I remember. Combined with the fact that the Seven Sisters of Pulgthat and those goat heads are called "furniture", I can safely say that Genji and anyone who is "furniture" has some kind of power. Which leads me to the second theory.
Spoiler : Theory #2 :
At the end of ep. 2, Beatrice takes Battler as "furniture", which eventually disappoints her. Based on the previous theory, I think that Battler, unknowingly, has some kind of power, which will later be revealed somehow. Speaking of Beatrice...
Spoiler : Theory #3 :
Kinzo repeatedly cries on how much he wants to see Beatrice's smile one last time. This implies that he has already seen her smile, aka summoned her. However, since no-one ever says to have seen Beatrice, or rather anyone else besides the family, servants and Dr. Nanzo, that implies that she was somewhere else on the island, presumably in the other side of it in a house. This is heavily "implied" by the fact the Kinzo always told the kids that "The witch lives in the forest", which he meant literally. Speaking of Kinzo's kids...
Spoiler : Theory #4 :
In the first episode, Natsuhi goes to Kinzo to tell him to go down. During the final minute of their "talk", he mentions that, even though she isn't alowed to wear the family crest, she has it in her heart. Could that mean that he saw his immediate family as a disgrace to the Ushiromiya name so badly, he would allow an "outsider" take the head? Well, I don't know, since he never actually WANTS to talk about the inheritance and stuff. Still, though, he is willing to sacrifice his kids for the ritual, rather than wanting to have living Ushiromiya adults alive. Speaking of the Ushiromiya adults...
Spoiler : Theory #5 :
We all know how badly they want money, because business isn't doing well for anyone. Now, at the "aftermath" of every episode, at the very bottom, there is something along the lines of "No-one solved the mystery of the epitaph". I think that this being there implies that they will eventually will solve it, and acquire the gold. Then it's a matter of distribution, with the finder claiming that s/he wants more etc. However, there is a tight schedule. They have until midnight of the first day to solve it, otherwise, one is killed after the other for a full day. Now, speaking of killings...
Spoiler : Theory #6 :
I think Battler will win eventually. My evidence strains from the game, being not only the fact that Beatrice almost failed once, but because of the riddle section AND an emoji here. Blue truth. From what I know, this site once was like "Umineko Online", and in the riddles thread, blue truths were there to say the actual truths. From that, I can safely say that he will eventually find out the truth behind whatever Beatrice does. And after he finds the truth...
Spoiler : Theory #7 :
They will get closer in some way. This one is short: In the previous conpetition, you wanted butterflies taken from a image of Beatrice and Battler hugging. Nothing more to say on that.
So, what do you think? How close to "fact" did I fall :D ?
There's a few theories in there that are pretty good given what information you have so far. I don't want to say too much about which ones and why, but there are a couple I'll talk about here.
Spoiler : RE: Theory #7 :
I admit, I kind of spoiled this aspect with that picture, so you are more or less correct on that. Of course, the reasons why, I'll let you either figure out on your own or just wait until it actually happens.
Spoiler : RE: Theory #6 :
Not going to say whether or not Battler wins, but the blue truth does come into play. However, it works a little differently. Red truth is absolutely true, albeit, it's subject to exact wording and interpretation. Blue truths are actually theories that may or may not be true, but may be considered true unless refuted by the Red.
Image Image Image
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Anyway.

I really can't help it but click on "Umineko" when my pc fully boots up. So I relly won't do anything until I finish all of it. Don't know how good or bad this is...

On a side note, Beatrice is such a child when Battler isn't around... Like, seriously...
Spoiler : :calisto: :
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

It was pretty addicting for me too. I would stay up way too late on days I didn't have work the next morning.
Image Image Image
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Alright. Ep. 3 is over. My, my... This episode really had me fooled until the end. Even though I had my doubts, I fell for everything. And, really, thigns started moving faster. It completely skips parts that definitely happened until the first twilight, and only says stuff that change and continues normally like it did on ep. 1 after the first twilight.

Theories #3 and #5 came true. I cannot say that #1 is confirmed, but part of it has been proven. There were some signs revealing the reason regarding #7, but I really can't say they were 100% sincere. #6 starts off in the right foot this time. I start having doubts about #4, but there isn't enough information. No information was shown to confirm or deny #2.

New theories:
Spoiler : Theory #8 :
Seeing how Eva was capable of doing this murders, I can say that, unless Battler is on the scene, the game is all about "false narration". This is very understandable, as this is supposed to be a game where we unfold the mystery of the Rokkenjima murders. Serving us everything from the start wouldn't make the game so hyping. Besides, we get to watch the two most stubborn people in the world get in a battle of wits. There isn't more pleasure than that.
Spoiler : Theory #9 :
Since every new character "joins" on the next game, Ange will be no exception. However, there's a contradiction. The game puts her as "ANGE Beatrice", when she herself told Battler to not sign that he believes in witches. That means she unwillingly took that title, and really has no intention of keeping it. Heh, she will definitely help Battler deny witches. A witch that denies witches...
I had fewer theories this time. If things went smoothly as they did until Battler had to sign, I would have more, but they were crushed seconds later.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Spoiler : RE: Theory #8 :
Yeah, there's a reason I entered the Never Trust the Narrator comp with Turnabout of the Golden Witch. That's not to say you should ignore everything not stated in red though.
Image Image Image
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

TheDoctor wrote:
Spoiler : RE: Theory #8 :
Yeah, there's a reason I entered the Never Trust the Narrator comp with Turnabout of the Golden Witch. That's not to say you should ignore everything not stated in red though.
Spoiler : :
I know. But it's not like EVERYTHING is true. Eg. Kyrie, Rudolf and Hideyoshi did go to the mansion. But EVA Beatrice didn't kill them, even though we saw the battle.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Spoiler : Response :
True, so given Virgillia's catbox explanation, the fantasy explanation for that scene is obvious, but how would you interpret that scene from an anti-fantasy viewpoint? Or, in other words, if EVA-Beatrice didn't kill them, who did?
Image Image Image