Turnabout of the New Generation

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Re: Turnabout of the New Generation

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Hm...as long as I'm going with the idea of a fanmade GS5, does anybody mind if I go on with it a bit further? I already said that Reinstate and NYT would make great cases 1 and 2. I theorize it would go something like this after that...
Spoiler : NYT :
Case 3: This case can go in pretty much any direction: However, here's the kicker. An agent of Black Planet discreetly gives Apollo illegal evidence to present, and it winds up winning the trial for him. After, BP blackmails Apollo with the proof that the evidence is forged and forces him to lose his next trial, lest the evidence be made public.

Case 4: Flashback trial, with Gilligan as DA, and anybody could be prosecutor, really. Anyway, naturally, Gilligan loses the case intentionally (Meaning you play as the prosecutor, or I guess playing as Gilligan could work too) BP's head testifies during the trial (obviously not IDing himself as such) and thus gets off scot-free.

Case 5: The defendant, a rat of BP, is arrested for the murder of another BP rat (the falsely convicted defendant of Case 4), hence why Apollo must lose this case: However, since BP is threatening his loved ones (or another convenient excuse as to why he doesn't just testify against BP), the defendant slips Apollo a file at the very start but makes Apollo swear that he MUST NOT open or present that file until he knows it will be enough to shut down BP once and for all. Anyway, the case happens much like case 4: The mastermind behind BP offers testimony, and Apollo must work through both the details of Cases 4 and 5 in order to eventually lead up to the point where the file will destroy Black Planet for good: Elle's photograph that was thought to be burned, but the rat secretly made a copy of it in order to take BP down. I don't know exactly what that picture would be, but I'm sure something could be worked out, right?
Of course, I'm sure the Dream Team has a much better idea than this planned and would probably exclude Reinstate out of fairness to Koopakirby (Unless he agreed to it, of course), that's just my theory on how it would play out.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Ping'
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Ping' »

Er... BBblader...
Spoiler : :
that theory of yours is scary in more ways than one... Oo
I won't spoil anything (nothing's decided, especially if a case is even in the works), but scary nonetheless.
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Okay, I see Zeel back online... Is his verdict ready?

@BB, I like that idea for a fanmade GS5/AJ2. Connecting to AAI well, much better than JM would have.
Zeel1™
Spoken languages: English

Post by Zeel1™ »

Sorry, my [Censored. Please be polite] mother had to get on and do absolutely nothing for like thirty minutes, right when I was on that time limit rebuttal.
Turnabout Ghost - 1400 Frames
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Ping' wrote:Er... BBblader...
that theory of yours is scary in more ways than one... Oo
I won't spoil anything (nothing's decided, especially if a case is even in the works), but scary nonetheless.
QFT

Also... Reinstate the Turnabout being case 1 and NYT being case 2? I actually... kinda like that xD
Spoiler : RtT+NYT :
Plus Nick destroying his badge at the end of Reinstate the Turnabout makes for a nice dovetail of him being completely absent from NYT
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Ouch, Zeel. That's gotta hurt, especially when the time is running. Ouch... Well, did you at least figure out what needs to be clarified? Or do you need to refer to the walkthrough?
Zeel1™

Post by Zeel1™ »

E.D.Revolution wrote:Ouch, Zeel. That's gotta hurt, especially when the time is running. Ouch... Well, did you at least figure out what needs to be clarified? Or do you need to refer to the walkthrough?
I did what the walkthrough said, but it didn't seem to work, so I just pressed them all and got through that way... eh.
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Scary, huh? I'm very eager to see what you two mean if you ever get around to making it. :D
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

For the timed testimony...
Just set the text to auto-display, and rush through it without reading anything! :awesome:
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Wait... Did you run out of time? I'm pretty sure I sent you the right statements...
SwagmaWampyr

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Doesn't it just work if you press everything anyway? I replayed it for the optional testimonies and that worked...
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Zeel1™

Post by Zeel1™ »

E.D.Revolution wrote:Wait... Did you run out of time? I'm pretty sure I sent you the right statements...
I pressed statement 2, 3, 5, 7 and 8 like you said. Then it said I had 3 minutes and 50-something seconds left, or took up much, or something.
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

No. Edgeworth 1 had 5/8 statements that needed to be pressed. So if you pressed all of them, you wasted your time.

@Zeel
Whoops. That was 2, 3, 4, 7, 8. Sorry about that... Try again in that order and it should work naturally. Sorry for one misplaced number... :oops:
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

But, on the other hand, if you press all of them, you don't need to spend time thinking about exactly which ones need to be pressed :awesome:

(So, who is going to swoop in and get the 1200th post...?)
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Still, why waste time pressing something you already knew or something that didn't really matter? Those 5 statements were the most relevant of those unanswered questions.