DGS discussion rules (7/12/2015)

Discuss video games from Pong to Call of Duty, including Ace Attorney games.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Re: GK2/PLvsAA/AADD discussion rules (last updated 2013-06-2

Post by Sligneris »

Hm, they confirmed English realease for PLvsAA?...
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

What do you think the :calisto: means? xP
Sligneris

Post by Sligneris »

Oh, well. :XD:

I did hear something about it, but I think it was not much more than in case of GK2. Just taking it into consideration. Though it probably has a bit bigger chances for that...
Meph
Spoken languages: English

Post by Meph »

Sligneris wrote:Ami, you know, we did have two OST tracks added to not-spoiler list earlier, following BP's video translation... :P
I don't remember that. But if that was the case, it was because BP helped me realise those tracks aren't actually spoilers. It's hard to tell whether a track is a spoiler when you only have its title to judge it.
Sligneris

Post by Sligneris »

Hm. BP, could you now help with making Meph realize that Case 2 and 3 tracks can be unspoilered already, given the translation? If Meph acknowledges the fact that spoiler list here and on the Your Trials section aren't accurate (that is, the same), it would be nice as well. :lol:
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

I'd wait until at least the fan patch comes out before lifting GK2 spoiler rules for those cases. Because some of us actually want to PLAY the cases, as opposed to just watching them.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Sligneris wrote:Hm. BP, could you now help with making Meph realize that Case 2 and 3 tracks can be unspoilered already, given the translation? If Meph acknowledges the fact that spoiler list here and on the Your Trials section aren't accurate (that is, the same), it would be nice as well. :lol:
To be honest, GK2 spoiler/rules seem kind of pointless to me. I mean, the juicy stuff is the stuff people aren't going to be using. The elements of GK2 are basically...
-The plot: Yeah, this should be spoiler-ruled. But I don't think there are any cases (made or planned or anything) relying on GK2's plot, so that's kind of moot
-Sprites: I think the only fancase that's using GK-styled sprites (excluding the occasional attorney) is Dan's case, which is pretty much abandoned, plus GK2 sprites are kind of haphazardly spread around the internet, so... also not too important
-Backgrounds/images: Backgrounds don't really work in GS-styled games (which all the AAO games are), and images are pretty much case-specific so those can't really be used
-Evidence: Evidence is usually not really spoilerific, and I think evidence images are actually basically allowed
-Music: Most music is really not spoilerific at all... I understand both sides of the argument here, but we have a special tag for if a case's GK2 spoilers are only music spoilers, which seems like the best compromise for me.
GK2 does have spoiler music tracks though. However, I'd say there's only 3 (maybe 4), and none of them are in the first 3 cases. To be specific, the spoiler tracks would be
Spoiler : GK2 :
Kay's sad theme, Lang's sad theme, Ichiyanagi's second theme, and possibly the big bad's theme.
Sligneris

Post by Sligneris »

Bad Player wrote:GK2 does have spoiler music tracks though. However, I'd say there's only 3 (maybe 4), and none of them are in the first 3 cases. To be specific, the spoiler tracks would be
Kay's sad theme, Lang's sad theme, Ichiyanagi's second theme, and possibly the big bad's theme.
Considering that some of the people responsible for the decision did not listen to the OST and may not recognize them, I shall now write these tracks' names respectively.
Spoiler : GK2 - track names :
Reminiscence ~ The Girl's Lost Memories
Reminiscence ~ The Fall of the House of Lang (title more spoilerish than the track...)
Ichiryuu's Farewell
The Man Who Masterminds the Game
I would say all of the ones above are spoilerific.

One can argue about Reminiscences (other than the ones mentioned above) being spoilers, despite one of them appearing already in the translation. I believe The IS-7 Incident is sort of safe, as it appears at the very beginning of Case 3 if I'm not mistaken. Hm... The SS-5 Incident is basically a remix of
Spoiler : Spoilered just in case :
Zheng Fa's theme
that debuted as early as Case 1, but...
The Reminiscence itself appears in the Case 5...
Hm.

Still, any tracks on the OST not mentioned in this posts definitely aren't spoilers of any sort.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Bad Player wrote:Also...
Meph wrote:Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney was released in Japan on 29 November, 2012 with an English release coming soon.
:calisto:
Hey, Meph was right... in hindsight, I guess. xP

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Except that's been there for almost a year, and even now it's not really coming out "soon" :P
Sligneris

Post by Sligneris »

So... how about any updates?
Meph

Post by Meph »

Sligneris wrote:Hm. BP, could you now help with making Meph realize that Case 2 and 3 tracks can be unspoilered already, given the translation? If Meph acknowledges the fact that spoiler list here and on the Your Trials section aren't accurate (that is, the same), it would be nice as well. :lol:
The spoiler tracks aren't just for me. Others are waiting for the ROM translation. There's only a few hundred people that have watched the game on the translation videos.
But I don't think there are any cases (made or planned or anything) relying on GK2's plot, so that's kind of moot
That's because we've put off people from doing that with these spoiler rules.
and images are pretty much case-specific so those can't really be used
You know that's not true.
Evidence is usually not really spoilerific, and I think evidence images are actually basically allowed
Evidence is key to each case's plot.
I would say all of the ones above are spoilerific.

One can argue about Reminiscences (other than the ones mentioned above) being spoilers, despite one of them appearing already in the translation.
That's not the point. We are not basing the criteria for a spoiler track on our subjective opinions. All safe tracks are safe because they have either appeared in promotional material or are the staple themes that appear in each AAI game, such as Pursuit, Logic, etc. For some reason, the Imprisoned Turnabout was on the safe list, so I have just removed it now.
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Meph wrote:
But I don't think there are any cases (made or planned or anything) relying on GK2's plot, so that's kind of moot
That's because we've put off people from doing that with these spoiler rules.
What? The spoiler rules haven't done anything like that. If someone wanted to make a case involving GK2 plot spoilers, they'd make a case involving GK2 plot spoilers and put the [GK2] tag in the thread topic.
and images are pretty much case-specific so those can't really be used
You know that's not true.
I'll admit it's not true if you can show me one fancase with an "image" from the canon games that contains spoilers :P
Evidence is usually not really spoilerific, and I think evidence images are actually basically allowed
Evidence is key to each case's plot.
But the evidence alone typically doesn't actually spoil anything about the case :P
Sligneris

Re: GK2/PLvsAA/AADD discussion rules (last updated 2013-08-1

Post by Sligneris »

Spoiler : :
01 Gyakuten Kenji 2 ~ Prologue
*02 Investigation ~ Opening 2011
03 Logic ~ Truth of the Crime Scene
04 Trick Analyze
05 Logic Chess ~ Opening
06 Confrontation ~ Moderate 2011
07 Reiji Mitsurugi ~ Objection! 2011
08 Confess the Truth 2011
09 Jingle ~ Neverending Trouble
10 The Imprisoned Turnabout
11 Investigation ~ Middlegame 2011
12 Tateyuki Shigaraki ~ Joking Motive
13 Yumihiko Ichiyanagi ~ Ichiryuu's Reasoning
14 Confrontation ~ Allegro 2011
15 Hakari Mikagami ~ Goddess of Law
17 Lamenting People
18 Strange People
19 Reproducing the Scene ~ The Gentleman Thief's Secret Weapon 2011
20 Investigation ~ Core 2011
23 Confrontation ~ Presto 2011
24 Pursuit ~ Wanting to Find the Truth
*02 Shin Mitsurugi ~ A Defense Attorney's Knowledge
04 Restless People
10 Trifle of Fate
17 Logic Chess ~ Endgame
20 Zheng Fa ~ Land of the Phoenix
23 Solution! ~ Calm Moment
25 Gyakuten Kenji 2 ~ Great Revival
This is the list from Your Trials section.
Spoiler : :
01 Gyakuten Kenji 2 ~ Prologue
02 Investigation ~ Opening 2011
03 Logic ~ Truth of the Crime Scene
04 Trick Analyze
05 Logic Chess ~ Opening
06 Confrontation ~ Moderate 2011
07 Reiji Mitsurugi ~ Objection! 2011
08 Confess the Truth 2011
09 Jingle ~ Neverending Trouble
11 Investigation ~ Middlegame 2011
14 Confrontation ~ Allegro 2011
15 Hakari Mikagami ~ Goddess of Law
17 Lamenting People
18 Strange People
19 Reproducing the Scene ~ The Gentleman Thief's Secret Weapon 2011
20 Investigation ~ Core 2011
23 Confrontation ~ Presto 2011
24 Pursuit ~ Wanting to Find the Truth
02 Shin Mitsurugi ~ A Defense Attorney's Knowledge
04 Restless People
23 Solution! ~ Calm Moment
25 Gyakuten Kenji 2 ~ Great Revival
This is the list from this section

Outside of The Imprisoned Turnabout, there are these tracks that you yourself added to the list as far as I remember, soo... I believe we should fix this inconsistency (marked this way).

And themes of the characters on the cover aren't really spoilers. Especially when they play the first time we see them. Although the promotional material part would need confirmation on the matter.
Meph

Post by Meph »

What? The spoiler rules haven't done anything like that. If someone wanted to make a case involving GK2 plot spoilers, they'd make a case involving GK2 plot spoilers and put the [GK2] tag in the thread topic.
They have that option, but they risk having a lower audience.
Bad Player wrote:I'll admit it's not true if you can show me one fancase with an "image" from the canon games that contains spoilers :P
Your idea of a spoiler is something that gives away a bit of the plot. My idea of a spoiler is pretty much anything. :P I want everything to be a surprise and experienced first time.
Outside of The Imprisoned Turnabout, there are these tracks that you yourself added to the list as far as I remember, soo... I believe we should fix this inconsistency (marked this way).
I've fixed the inconsistency. But I'm afraid I did the opposite of what you wanted.
And themes of the characters on the cover aren't really spoilers. Especially when they play the first time we see them. Although the promotional material part would need confirmation on the matter.
The only one on the box that has a spoiler theme is Tateyuki Shigaraki. We don't hear his theme until we actually play the game. It's an awesome theme, and one that's nice to hear the first time you play the game. I don't want it spoiled for people.