The Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion Thread!

Discuss video games from Pong to Call of Duty, including Ace Attorney games.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Hodou Okappa
Spoken languages: English

Re: The Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion Thread!

Post by Hodou Okappa »

Gumpei wrote:
Hodou Okappa wrote: I hate Ubisoft too so I guess thats fine. Also Rayman Origins is an overrated and almost entirely unimpressive game with dull gameplay that's nearly unrecognizable from the vast majority of other platformers in existence THERE I SAID IT.

*huff huff huff*
I honestly haven't played Origins, but I love what it stands for. The fact that a 2D platformer can be released on a major modern console besides one of Nintendo's and actually do really well is awesome to me.

...that's off-topic though so uhh um

...I saw Wreck-It Ralph the other night and Sonic's cameo in that was pretty cool.

...Sonic doesn't really have that much going on lately huh
Not really. They've discussed potential "next" projects for the modern generation, but I'm not sure if they have anything planned. A period of long silence following a pair of successful games probably says theyre working on something that they don't expect to finish for a while.
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
Meph

Post by Meph »

Sega have said that they've changed their general strategy to work on fewer and better games. This strategy has lowered their profits, but never mind, because it's still worth it. :P
Hikari
Spoken languages: English, a few words in Japanese.

Post by Hikari »

Hodou Okappa wrote:
ShadowEdgeworth wrote:
Hodou Okappa wrote:
Come to think of it, yeah. The hell does it say about your company if you rerelease the same game on at least four different systems and NEVER update it or do any bug fixing?

When I was younger it never bothered me, but now that I'm older it really feels like a bad joke.
Ubisoft and Rayman 2 say hai.
I hate Ubisoft too so I guess thats fine. Also Rayman Origins is an overrated and almost entirely unimpressive game with dull gameplay that's nearly unrecognizable from the vast majority of other platformers in existence THERE I SAID IT.

*huff huff huff*
Good, I wasn't the only one who thought the same... :wellington:
But Rayman Legends seems alright.
T u r n a b o u t i n T i m e G a t e
*coming soon*
(AA and Lost Saga crossover / w TF2 cameos)
Master Of Chaos

Post by Master Of Chaos »

http://www.tssznews.com/2012/09/09/repo ... velopment/

Welp, Sega's going Capcom on us it seems. I have lost all hope in humanity.
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
ShadowEdgeworth

Post by ShadowEdgeworth »

Jesus. Personally, I wouldn't have wanted Ryan back since the change from him to Jason back to him would have been a bit jaunting. But regardless of that, the way they treated him, and apparently treat Roger is nothing less than disgraceful. Kinda puts a damper on Lost World for me... :/

Epic Rap Battles of AAO History: Meph VS Unas l Phoenix Wright VS Glase Canon l SuperGanondorf VS GotMLK7 l Mimi Mika VS Zeel1

Winner of the Golden Star Award 2010!
Creator of Commander Mika Cadenza and Admiral Kathryn Jayneway in Endless Time!
Currently RPing as The Doctor, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Spider-Man in Dimensional Chaos!
Currently RPing as Spider-Man and Black Cat in Crossover Central!
Creator of Alexis Calika in Vermillion Sunset and Alex Tazian in Final Warfare!
Jim Raynor
Spoken languages: I know, you know...
Location: From Mar Sara, taking care of the Zerg infestation.

Post by Jim Raynor »

Good thing I have just found this topic.

A new Sonic game has been announced. It is called Sonic Boom, named after the show that's coming out.

Sonic Boom™ - Video Game Reveal Trailer

So what do you guys think? For me, it looks pretty cool from the video. But does this answer the third Sonic game we were going to get from Sega?

Source where I saw/heard this from: http://playeressence.com/sonic-boom-rev ... s-amazing/

Edit: Sonic Boom Gameplay Details – 4 Player Local Co-op, Special Powers for each Characters, and more
Sonic Boom has been in Development for 2 years, BRB the First Western Team to Create “an Alternate Sonic Game”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7NVjZ-Eyg

Golden Sun 4 coming out on the Switch with Golden Sun remakes of the first two games?
Was previously Ryuusai09.
Credit to Gumpei.

Grant Kirkhope is one of my favorite video game composer.
My favorite video game companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, former Rare, and former 3DO Company before it shut down.
Spoiler : Favorite characters in video games :
Starcraft: Jim Raynor, Fenix, Tassadar, Zeratul, Artanis, Alexi Stukov
Army Men: Sarge Hawk, Riff
Warcraft: Grommash (Grom) Hellscream, Thrall
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth (And a GK2 character which I shall not add here.)
SRT/SRW: Sanger Zonvolt, Kyosuke Nanbu, Elzam V. Branstein
Wackyman

Post by Wackyman »

Honestly, aside from Knuckles's redesign looking beyond stupid, this could actually be a cool game. I wish it had online co-op though, like All 4 One. That'd make it more interesting. As it stands it's probably not something that'll warrant a buy from me, but we'll see.

Speaking of All 4 One, that world looks very Ratchet & Clank-y.
HIROSHI-SAMA IS STILL THE GREATEST.
SS Sleuth and I are the same person.
gotMLK7 fashioned the Trama picture below out of female skulls.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water
[3/19/14 11:31:51 PM] Nick (Hodou): yeah I'm thinking that's the idea.

Check out my first trial co-created with Dypo_deLina Firing up the Turnabout!
Call me Wacky.

Master Of Chaos

It looks...K-ish. The character models and graphics look a bit wonky but they certainly aren't horrible (Although Knuckles's is quite WTF). Gameplay looks pretty solid and I'm wondering how the characters will play. I'm certainly interested.
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
Jim Raynor

Post by Jim Raynor »

Sonic Boom will Take Advantage of the “Innovative Hardware” of the Wii U and 3DS
Wackyman wrote:Honestly, aside from Knuckles's redesign looking beyond stupid, this could actually be a cool game. I wish it had online co-op though, like All 4 One. That'd make it more interesting. As it stands it's probably not something that'll warrant a buy from me, but we'll see.

Speaking of All 4 One, that world looks very Ratchet & Clank-y.
I don't like Knuckles's redesign myself. It would be cool to see an Online Co-Op, but I'm more for Local/Couch Multiplayer.
Master Of Chaos wrote:It looks...K-ish. The character models and graphics look a bit wonky but they certainly aren't horrible (Although Knuckles's is quite WTF). Gameplay looks pretty solid and I'm wondering how the characters will play. I'm certainly interested.
Well, we could perhaps see some fixes on the character models.

Edit: Sonic Boom was Actually Shown off Last year, we Just Didn’t Know it

Most interesting.

Edit 2: Official Sonic Boom Website is open

Golden Sun 4 coming out on the Switch with Golden Sun remakes of the first two games?
Credit to Gumpei.

My favorite video game companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, former Rare, and former 3DO Company before it shut down.
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth (And a GK2 character which I shall not add here.)
LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

Aah! I can't access all this stuff 'cause I'm at school! What the hell is going on?!! What did they WHAT
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???!!
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
Jim Raynor

Post by Jim Raynor »

SEGA Wants Sonic Boom to Completely Appeal to Western Gamers

How do you guys feel about having this game be for the Western gamers?

For me, I guess that's cool. Perhaps it'll sell more than the previous games that is connected to Sega.

Edit: Sonic Boom will not be Released in Japan, Sonic Team is Working on a new Title in the Franchise

Credit to Gumpei.

ShadowEdgeworth

Post by ShadowEdgeworth »

If we imagine that this takes place like between 5 to 7 years after Lost World then the new Character designs make perfect sense, even Steroids!Knuckles. Just about. ^^'

But yeah, I'm looking forward to this... But given that it's a team game, I hope it's more Sonic Adventure rather than Sonic Heroes, or Sonic 06 for that matter... brr.

Epic Rap Battles of AAO History: Meph VS Unas l Phoenix Wright VS Glase Canon l SuperGanondorf VS GotMLK7 l Mimi Mika VS Zeel1

Winner of the Golden Star Award 2010!
Creator of Commander Mika Cadenza and Admiral Kathryn Jayneway in Endless Time!
Currently RPing as The Doctor, Shadow The Hedgehog, and Spider-Man in Dimensional Chaos!
Currently RPing as Spider-Man and Black Cat in Crossover Central!
Creator of Alexis Calika in Vermillion Sunset and Alex Tazian in Final Warfare!
Master Of Chaos

The Boom series has been confirmed as an alternate continuity to the games, my man. Think something similar to The Earth 666 and Ultimate Universes from Marvel.

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Master Of Chaos wrote:The Boom series has been confirmed as an alternate continuity to the games, my man. Think something similar to The Earth 666 and Ultimate Universes from Marvel.
Aw, really? Laaame.
LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

Master Of Chaos wrote:The Boom series has been confirmed as an alternate continuity to the games, my man. Think something similar to The Earth 666 and Ultimate Universes from Marvel.
So does that mean the redesigns and whatnot are a one time thing or is it just the show that's noncanon or something? Also where is your source?
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK