[T] Matt Silver: Ace Attorney ★★★○ (Small Update)

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Phantom

Re: [T] Matt Silver: Ace Attorney (Case 3 out) ★★★○

Post by Phantom »

Hey man, it's probably the author's image host was down. Unfortunately he's in and out of activity, so you may be out of luck until he finds time/reason to come back here and reup them
Narokh
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Narokh »

That is correct. I will have to get all the files up to a new host and go through the series again to make sure they show up properly.
This is going to be tedious, but I'll try to get to it. No promises on that though...

On that behalf, sorry for my very long absence. My motivation for working on these has sadly reached a low point and lots of other things are eating up my time. I very much want to finish this at some point still.

Also, mods feel free to remove the featured status from the series until I get it fixed.
Visit my "Matt Silver: Ace Attorney" Trial Series Thread!

I also have a Sprite Thread.

Current Avatar created by Aer
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Ah Narokh, you always seem to come back at the most convenient time! LOL

Always a pleasure to see you alive ;)
Narokh

Post by Narokh »

Proton wrote:Ah Narokh, you always seem to come back at the most convenient time! LOL

Always a pleasure to see you alive ;)
To be fair, I have been checking the forum at least once per week to see if there are any problems/questions/issues/whatever with my cases, so I could do some quick patching or give answers. In this case though, it's gonna be a bit more work than that apparently. :roll:

Narokh

Post by Narokh »

Just wanted to let everyone know that I managed to actually move my lazy butt and migrated most of my files to a different hosting site/s.
This means I will slowly (and I mean slowly) be able to fix the three broken cases. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone!

Edit: Turnabout Deception should be working properly again so far.
Edit 2: Turnabout at the Convention should also be fine now.

Narokh

Post by Narokh »

All three cases should be fixed now and display the custom sprites and sounds properly.

Should anybody still play them and find an error, please let me know!

Narokh

Post by Narokh »

And another little update:
Finally, I decided to put up a walkthrough for Convention and the Failed Turnabout. They have been added to the opening post.

Scarlet_black
Spoken languages: English

Post by Scarlet_black »

Played through all three of your cases. I'm impressed with the plot and the story. Just want to say, I can't wait for case 4. Keep up the good work :D
Narokh

Post by Narokh »

Important Announcement!

As most of those who followed my trials surely have noticed, I have become almost completely inactive (at least as far as trialmaking goes) here.
I have stated numerous times that I want to finish the series at some point. And case 4, The Entangled Turnabout, which is supposed to be the big finish to conclude the story and answer all those open questions, turned out to be my biggest and most ambitious project yet.

And while playing and completing Dual Destinies (which, a bit aside from the topic, is an awesome game!) brought a new breath of motivation to me, I realized something very important.
As much as I want to bring the series to a glorious, worthy finish, my life has changed over the last years. I have less and less time to dedicate to everything this trial would require.

It is a sad fact that I will not be able to finish it...

...alone! (Got you there, didn't I? :gray: )

And for this reason, I am now officially looking for people who would be interested in working on the final case of the Matt Silver series with me.
Don't get me wrong, the series is still my Brainchild, and I intend to do the majority of the work (such as actually building the case in the casemaker and so on).
So I am looking for two people to assist me.

The first would be what I could only describe as a "detail writer".
I have the main storyline worked out. I know what will happen and (approximately) in what order, but the Ace Attorney games have always been about the details. So I need someone to help me with details such as what kind of evidence will appear, what kinds of contradictions could be used and so forth. As I mentioned, I have the storyline worked out, and a couple of evidence/contradictions as well, but there are so much more fine details that need to be worked out.
Those interested should expect to work out a lot of details within a set story parameter. So to speak, I provide the starting point and destination, with some landmarks on the way, while you help determining how said way will actually look.
Of course, I will work closely together with whoever decides to take on this task, bring in my own ideas, help work our ideas together and whatnot.

And second, I need someone to create some custom sprites for the case.
I am fairly satisfied with the custom sprites I made myself. However, they took a considerable amount of time, and since I have not worked with sprites for a long while, I would basically learn everything from scratch again. This is time I simply do not have!

While obviously this could be done by multiple people (and I would greatly appreciate anybody who would like to work on a custom sprite for a character that has none yet), there are a few selected characters that are great spoilers, and thus I would want to leave them all in the hand of a single person.
My demands for the sprites are not terribly high or unreasonable (or at least I hope so). The style should blend in with the regular AA characters, and quality should be somewhere around what my own custom sprites have. So, simple edits/frankensprites would fully suffice.
These would be 3-4 characters that I would want to be sprited by one person. As mentioned, if anybody else is interested in doing a custom sprite for a single character from the series, just let me know.

Obviously, those who would be interested to work on the case with me would be required to have a majority (or all) of the story spoiled - the co-writer considerably more than the spriter, of course! So please consider this, as well as the fact that I will ask those who accept to keep all the infos they receive to themselves, before applying!

With all that out of the way, let's see how much interest this will catch. Please send me a PM if you're interested, and we can discuss further details.

KruskaTheLizard
Spoken languages: English, learning German, French, and Spanish.

Re: [T] Matt Silver: Ace Attorney [Announcement] ★★★○

Post by KruskaTheLizard »

I've played through the first two cases, I feel that you've done an amazing job on this!(By the way good luck on finding the co-writer and spriter!)
I have gone over to the dark side.
"This person has recently got a scary change of his personality"
- Darksyde -
Narokh

Post by Narokh »

SolventLizard wrote:I've played through the first two cases, I feel that you've done an amazing job on this!(By the way good luck on finding the co-writer and spriter!)
Why thank you for the positive feedback. It's always nice to hear people like the cases. Of course I hope you'll also play the third case - it's the one I consider the most polished of the three so far, and the one that really starts to tie the series' story together. :)

~Dataman~
Spoken languages: English and finnish.

Post by ~Dataman~ »

Spriter's seat is open? Would you accept me? :)
My DeviantArt My Youtube Channel
Anime is awesome! Watch my Anime Sword Techniques series in my Youtube channel! Currently I have covered Gatotsu, Yontoryu, Santoryu, Hiten Mitsurugi, Seven Swords Dance, Wattoujutsu, Scissorblade, Kamiya Kasshin and more is coming! :)

My Art Thread
KruskaTheLizard
Spoken languages: English, learning German, French, and Spanish.

Post by KruskaTheLizard »

@Narokh
I've played Case 3 and it's very good! Can't wait for Case 4 :).
I have gone over to the dark side.
"This person has recently got a scary change of his personality"
- Darksyde -
Narokh

Post by Narokh »

Important Announcement #2

Ever since posting that first announcement, I have been thinking quite a bit about the final case and the series in its entirety.
The plans I have for the 4th case are big. And if I can get it even close to what I have in mind, it's would be more than a worthy finale to the series. Maybe even too good for the quality of the series.
What do I mean by that? I have been playing my own cases again. And while I am still quite happy how they turned out for what I was capable of when I made them... I feel that they could be better.

The best example would be Turnabout Deception. Looking at it now, it was painfully obvious that I was still learning the trialmaker at that point, and the lack of unique sprites made me write the characters very close to what the sprites used for them were.
So, while I was giving my hand at trying to create a custom sprite for a certain villain prosecutor
Spoiler : WIP, for the curious :
I did a lot of thinking how much potential in character development I wasted due to sticking close to the stock sprites.
The most glaring example are Silver himself and Blake in Deception. They are far too close to Wright and Edgeworth, since those were the sprites I originally used (and still use for Blake), for me to still be satisfied with how I portrayed them.

I feel that Convention started to fix this a bit, but I still really don't like looking at the beginnings. And I want to be able to look at the series as a whole and be satisfied with how it is, from start to finish.

And for this very reason, I am currently contemplating doing a huge update on the first three cases (with Deception probably going through the biggest changes)

My plans are:
  • Custom sprites for all original characters
    Custom backgrounds
    Re-writing of characters who have too bland personalities or are too much of an expy of the sprite they originally used
    polishing the investigations and cross-examinations where possible, and maybe add more to them

Of course, this is a huge project, but I ultimately want to see it done. But just as before, I will not be able to do this alone. Most definitely, the most help will be needed with the custom sprites and backgrounds.
I want to bring this series up to its full potential. I want to see the story I put so much thought into worked realized in a suitable manner.

It's ambitious, yes. And I know that. That's why I hope that maybe there are those who are willing to help me realize it. If you enjoyed the series so far and feel there's something you can contribute - let me know. For now, the most important thing would be custom sprites for original characters, as well as backgrounds for places of the existing cases.

Maybe this series can become something really great. Or maybe I'm just a foolish fool who foolishly tries to follow foolish ambitions! :fran:
Who knows? Let's see how this will turn out.

smasher147
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T] Matt Silver: Ace Attorney [Spriters wanted] ★★★○

Post by smasher147 »

The three cases you made so far are great, i signed up specifically to say thanks for the amazing cases. You obviously have a talent (or simply worked very very hard or both) at these games and i really look forward to case 4. Will there be any updates on your progression?