Final Fantasy: The Topic

Discuss video games from Pong to Call of Duty, including Ace Attorney games.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Tap
Spoken languages: English

Re: Final Fantasy: The Topic

Post by Tap »

*cries* XIII-2 has been released in the US... I still have to wait another 27 hours and nine minutes if my local store is doing a midnight launch =(
ImageImage
CardiaX

Post by CardiaX »

I have played every Final Fantasy game, 7-13, and I have enjoyed playing all of them except for 9. Don't ask why.

Also, in the international version of Final Fantasy 12, what is the best job class set up?
Patchouli

Post by Patchouli »

CardiaX wrote:I have played every Final Fantasy game, 7-13, and I have enjoyed playing all of them except for 9. Don't ask why.

Also, in the international version of Final Fantasy 12, what is the best job class set up?
But... that's not every one... I, II and III are alright but I'd say you're missing out on IV, V and VI; they're pretty good. Unless you aren't a fan of very retro-classic RPGs, which could explain possibly why you didn't enjoy IX? (That one is actually my favorite)

As for FFXII, I didn't play the international version, which supposedly adds a lot to the job system so I can't really help you there. :<
Tap

Post by Tap »

FFXIII-2 has been released in Australia! I'm picking my copy up as soon as the store opens at 9:00 on the dot... =D
I got my copy of Final Fantasy XIII-2, and I've been playing it for about four and a half hours straight so far... I know, why did I even bother to stop so early in the game? xD

Let's just say that it makes me cry manly tears of manly joy while playing. Can't wait until the next Lightning segment... :D
ImageImage
Mimi
Spoken languages: English: the only language I can brag about

Post by Mimi »

Tap wrote:
FFXIII-2 has been released in Australia! I'm picking my copy up as soon as the store opens at 9:00 on the dot... =D
I got my copy of Final Fantasy XIII-2, and I've been playing it for about four and a half hours straight so far... I know, why did I even bother to stop so early in the game? xD

Let's just say that it makes me cry manly tears of manly joy while playing. Can't wait until the next Lightning segment... :D
T-That was fast. I barely managed to try the demo some days ago. :shock:
Tap

Post by Tap »

Caius pretty much wiped the floor with me about six or seven times before I went back and tried to catch a Pulse Knight (Sentinel) so I'd be able to use the Delta Attack Paradigm... Beat him on the first go as soon as Pulsy joined mah party. Although it did take an hour and twenty minutes to catch since the rate of it becoming crystal is 10 ~ 15%... :(

Also, Caius is... ;D ;D ;D
ImageImage
Tap

Post by Tap »

Legal double-post~!
Spoiler : :
I have a Chocobo on my team now. It kicks some serious ass, XD
ImageImage
Tap

Post by Tap »

Legal triple-post~! =D
22 hours clocked so far, I've stopped after an unsuccessful attempt at the final boss. I need to fill the Saboteur role, which I seriously neglected, preferring Ravager, Commando and Medic instead... ^^'

I've only taken on the easiest of the paradox endings so far, so I have... eight to go, once the game is done. Not to mention I need to collect the remaining fragments for the bonus ending... =)
ImageImage
Holhol

Post by Holhol »

Dang Tap. :shock:

Is better than FFXIII?
~Danielinhoni is the bestest friend anybody could ask for~

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

TKinhonipei is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Liquid Snake wrote:Snake, did you like my sunglasses?
Tap

Post by Tap »

Holhol wrote:Dang Tap. :shock:

Is better than FFXIII?
FFXIII trumps XIII-2 in terms of how it is story-driven... XIII-2's story is sort of muted in a bit of a childish manner... It's hard to explain unless you play it yourself.

I preferred the Crystarium in XIII as well, as this one is a bit too reminiscence of X-2 for my likings... Still, they kept the Paradigm shifting and added the Feral link which is WOW! I was using Chocobo at first before I managed to catch an Orion (Viking) completely by accident. Then I swapped it with a Dragoon which had double the base stats at Lv1 of the Orion at Lv30! :shock:

Still, this is far more an enjoyable game to play. XIII took forever for me to get through... I think the first playthrough lasted about three weeks for me because I'd only do an hour or so at a time. Linearity makes you pretty sick of playing constantly, ><

XIII-2 doesn't have the linearity, which makes it great. =)
ImageImage
deHughes

Post by deHughes »

So I've been watching TotalBiscuit play 13-2 lately. He's about an hour into the game, and dear god, I already hate every character's guts. T_T

I'd still give this game a chance if I had a PS3 because combat at least seems like it *could* be enjoyable, but god... it'd probably end up like TWEWY where I just couldn't get passed the first 2 hours because the characters were so awful. I know they develop, but they aren't worth it! Gahjflkajfj.

When I buy my PS3 for P4U, I'll probably pick this and 13 up, even though I know I'll regret it. >_>
ImageImageLevel:15ImageLevel:5ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15

Tasha Krantz sprite courtesy of gotMLK7.
Tap

Post by Tap »

Such a pessimistic attitude you have there... I always feel that you can't truly enjoy a game unless you can play it for yourself. 13 has its faults and so does 13-2 (even 7! :P) but the games have many, many positive qualities. :D

----

Finished with the main storyline~!
Time to work on the paradox endings and collect all 160 fragments so I view the extra cinematics in the ending. =)

Do I recommend this game to anyone? HELL YEAH! If you're living in NA and you never bought it on the 31/1, I must seriously question your attitude towards the games. How could you possibly delay playing any further?! :o ( :XD: )

For those in the UK, Europe and any other Western country, buyitbuyitbuyitbuyitbuyit
ImageImage
deHughes

Post by deHughes »

Don't worry Tap, he plays for it for four hours in total, I'll be sure how hard this game sucks. And if I find any other good LP's of this game I'll watch it the whole way through. Just like... X. *shutter*

And without a good story, a RPG is doomed to sucking. So I can tell if it's any good just from watching. Course that's all subjective. You can have great battle mechanics, and still be a horrible game thanks to your lackluster story. *glares at X*
ImageImageLevel:15ImageLevel:5ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15

Tasha Krantz sprite courtesy of gotMLK7.
Holhol

Post by Holhol »

So I was so fricken excited because just a bit ago I realized, "WAIT! They were going to announce that new Lightning Saga title yesterday!" But this isn't what I wanted.

Lightning Returns - Final Fantasy XIII will be released next year. It will feature Lightning as the sole playable character, and judging by what I read, none of the other characters are returning. I love Lightning, but I'm immediately turned off by this idea. I don't want this. I want a Final Fantasy XIII-3 that puts a fitting end to everyone's story. Not just Lightning's.
~Danielinhoni is the bestest friend anybody could ask for~

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

TKinhonipei is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Liquid Snake wrote:Snake, did you like my sunglasses?
Mimi
Spoken languages: English: the only language I can brag about

Post by Mimi »

wtfruit

ANOTHER FFXIII??

Hmmm... this is something new they're doing. Now I want to play FFXIII-2 as well...