Nostalgia Critic

Discuss works of media, like films, television programmes and novels.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Spongesonic
Spoken languages: English

Re: Nostalgia Critic

Post by Spongesonic »

Mimi Mika wrote:
Hodou Okappa wrote:GUYS

GUYS I WAS AT THAT CON.

I WAS THERE.

GUYS.

I BUMPED FISTS WITH DOUG WALKER ON HIS WAY TO INVADE BRENTALFLOSS' QA PANEL.

GURGLE
OMG. WHY

HOW COULD YOU

I WANT TO BUMP FISTS WITH HIM

GOSH

GOSH
WHY CAN'T YOU

JUST BUMP FISTS

WHEN YOU MEET HIM

GOSH

GOSH
Winner of the "Broken Commandments" Case Competition
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Misc. Information
Steam: spongesonic
Youtube: SpongesonicPictures
Mimi
Spoken languages: English: the only language I can brag about

Post by Mimi »

BECAUSE I WON'T MEET HIM

JEEZ

JEEZ :P
Remilia Scarlet

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

New review!
Spoiler : :
Yay 80s Dan crossover! I might be the only one here who watches that, though :XD:
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

I've yet to check out 80s Dan (though I've watched plenty of Cinema Snob), but the review was enjoyable. I was surprised he didn't like the movie, I expected it to be sorta like Judge Dredd, where he knows it's bad but loves it anyways. Certainly shocked me.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Spongesonic

Post by Spongesonic »

The Critic has been doing a lot of crossovers, lately.
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥

Misc. Information
PhantomMinaX1
Spoken languages: English, Medium Level Japanese

Post by PhantomMinaX1 »

I thought the new review was okay, but I wish he would stop doing so many crossovers and do some solo episodes :<

*Loves his solo episodes more*
Spongesonic

Post by Spongesonic »

I knew the critic did a lot of crossovers...but who would've thought he'd do a crossover with himself?
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥

Misc. Information
PhantomMinaX1
Spoken languages: English, Medium Level Japanese

Post by PhantomMinaX1 »

Superman IN COURT wrote:I knew the critic did a lot of crossovers...but who would've thought he'd do a crossover with himself?

Yeah that just blew my mind lol
layton195
Spoken languages: English, obviously

Post by layton195 »

Superman IN COURT wrote:I knew the critic did a lot of crossovers...but who would've thought he'd do a crossover with himself?
TIME PARADOX!!
Can Neil Patrick Harris get any more awesome?
___
___
Persona 4 Arena x Persona 4 Arena is best pairing.
___
Memes so far: 1
X? Thank/Blame Y.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

I see a lot of people thinking that the Nostalgia Critic has "fallen" and isn't as good as he was before. I see a lot of people calling his rant at the beginning "unfunny" and "annoying". People also wonder whether this is the last of the NC, due to his "To Boldly Flee" trailers.

Personally, I don't find NC as funny as before, but I always thought that that was just me-- Just me growing out of the style of humor, or maybe that the movie he chose wasn't THAT bad. I attribute it to him choosing "lame" movies as opposed to "bad" movies. Bad movies are the ones chock full of hate-able or rage-able things, things that make the review funny. Stuff you can mock the whole time through and laugh or cringe at how terrible it is. But soon he started moving to "lame" movies, movies that weren't GOOD, but were just lame. Not really "bad". Just lame. Because of that, the reviews dragged more, and weren't as funny, simply because there was less to work with. That's what I always thought.

What about you guys?
layton195
Spoken languages: English, obviously

Post by layton195 »

I'm with Shadowsleuth here. Sure, it wasn't a great review, but come on, it not really that bad. It was just that The Critic picked a lame movie. Not a remotely god-awfully bad film, just a lame movie. I just have a love/hate relationship with the first two films. And I actually liked the plot twist of Scrappy being the villain. Sure it was somewhat obvious that he'll tried to get his revenge on the gang for abandoning him, but the reason why I just let the twist slide is mainly because I've never liked Scrappy. Was it a good review The Critic did? No. Was it a bad one? No. In my option it was just a okay review. What could have made it better was if he reviewed HSM 3 instead of Scooby-Doo. Or at least one of the other two HSMs.
Can Neil Patrick Harris get any more awesome?
___
___
Persona 4 Arena x Persona 4 Arena is best pairing.
___
Memes so far: 1
X? Thank/Blame Y.
Remilia Scarlet

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

Eh, I generally still enjoy NC. And I liked that beginning rant. Could relate a little.
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.

Post by Lind »

Shadowsleuth wrote:I see a lot of people thinking that the Nostalgia Critic has "fallen" and isn't as good as he was before. I see a lot of people calling his rant at the beginning "unfunny" and "annoying". People also wonder whether this is the last of the NC, due to his "To Boldly Flee" trailers.

Personally, I don't find NC as funny as before, but I always thought that that was just me-- Just me growing out of the style of humor, or maybe that the movie he chose wasn't THAT bad. I attribute it to him choosing "lame" movies as opposed to "bad" movies. Bad movies are the ones chock full of hate-able or rage-able things, things that make the review funny. Stuff you can mock the whole time through and laugh or cringe at how terrible it is. But soon he started moving to "lame" movies, movies that weren't GOOD, but were just lame. Not really "bad". Just lame. Because of that, the reviews dragged more, and weren't as funny, simply because there was less to work with. That's what I always thought.

What about you guys?
Admittedly, I have completely lost interest in NC lately. I don't think I've actually enjoyed one of his reviews since "The Room".
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

I'm with Remy. I still enjoy the Critic greatly. I mean, let's face it, it isn't easy reviewing a different old movie every week, so obviously it would be impossible to review a lot of horrible movies. He's already reviewed most of those. Though by the sound of it, he did seem to think Scooby-Doo was a pretty horrible movie. In fact, I loved that review, especially with the fact that he, himself, and him analyzed the CRAP out of it. But it's hard for him to review movies that bad or movies like Garbage Pail Kids or Batman and Robin a lot because it's hard to find HORRIBLE movies. Compare NC to Linkara, who reviews comics. For him, there are so many bad comics out there that he will almost never run out of material. NC, however, is stuck with nostalgic movies and has a cut-off date to work with. So he can't review a horrible movie as often as he may want to. But I think he's still doing a good job at keeping up the comedy regardless. In fact, I think he's picking up again as of late.

Also, I don't mind his crossovers, they're pretty fun. I feel as if he's trying to get a bunch in before To Boldly Flee or something, but I'unno, maybe he just found a bunch of good crossover movies at once.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Mimi
Spoken languages: English: the only language I can brag about

Post by Mimi »

Yeah, I think it's just that there aren't any REALLY REALLY REALLY bad movies to choose from. I still find his rage rants amusing... I've never laughed too hard at his critiques to begin with anyway... aside from the really bad movies.