E.D.'s Practical Arts [Cellphone Remixes Up!]

Showcase your artistic creations, whether that be sprites, music, drawings or literature, and whether they be related to the Ace Attorney universe or not.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Phantom

Re: E.D.'s Practical Arts (Requests: 0/5) [Lana WIP up!]

Post by Phantom »

E.D.Revolution wrote:I saw the request on the thread. Umm, I'm not sure that there's an AAI version of the Canuck Judge. I'll try to edit the old Udgey, but I can't guarantee anything.

He said to edit the old judge from aai so no problem there. You can bs the edit since he only needs a versus sprite. It should be easier since you're only partially editing the udgey.
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Re: E.D.'s Practical Arts (Requests: 0/5) [Bruce Goodman up!

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Alright, I'm back to updating this thread. This time, I'm uploading a full sprite set of one of the dead victims: Bruce Goodman. If you recall, I said this is the first set I have created. This just happens to be the second set of full custom sprites I'm uploading. The set is made primarily for Phantom's Turnabout Generations.

For this set, I took the ones in the Editor (thanks to Mikker) and basically refreshed the pallete. This is not as hard as Lana's. The only hard parts were the making of the base, and doing the huff poses.

Most of the poses in the Editor were misaligned and not big enough, so that's the first thing I fixed. Then I had to change the design. This is mostly a hybrid of Gumshoe's and Edgeworth's body bases as you might tell. After choosing the design, I then "brightened" up the pallete. Now Goodman is white and not so gray. Heck, all the sprites are consistent, unlike what's on the Editor currently.

Most of the work done was doing the base. Everything else would fall into place later on, including the actual animation. On the Editor, Goodman's sprites are not animated correctly, which made them nigh unuseable. The timings were modeled after the AA sprites. The mouths were also fixed, which took less time than expected.

There were two sprites that needed a lot of help: the gun "slinging" and the huff sprites. The Gun one took a bit of time, since I had to refresh the pallete and fix the coloring. For the gun "slinging" sprites, I have split that into two: arm and disarm. Both use the "hide" sprites as start-ups. From the "arm" startups, I made made a "shooting" pose. The Gunshot is meant to loop infinitely, and it should be paired with the appropriate gunshot sfxes.

The huff sprite was a bit trickier, since I wasn't sure how to do that. In fact, I didn't even do this until a few weeks ago. In the end, I decided to copy Gumshoe in actual body. I didn't want it to look cheap. So instead of a slight huff, Goodman is really huffing himself up.

The surprised sprite got a major update. It's modeled after witness Edgeworth's damage sprite... The one that was never in the game. Now the hat doesn't look like it came off cheaply... rather, it came off as surprise and it fell nicely behind him. :P

From the surprised sprite, I made one more pose: scared. Yeah, it looks like he just crapped his pants! :P I reused some of the parts from his other poses and made this one. I think this came off quite well.

Total amount of sprites for Bruce Goodman: 37. This should be more than enough sprites to cover most situations.

You must ask permission from me and Phantom to use this. This was made specifically for Turnabout Generations.

---

I have updated the Lana sprite set, completely. I have also added Lana's desk slam and :objection: sprites. The total sprite count for this set is now 39! Sprite sheet taken down. Reason: To address coloration issues I found when examining my own sprites closely. All of them had to be replaced. I did some tweaking along the way.
~Dataman~
Spoken languages: English and finnish.

Post by ~Dataman~ »

37? 39? Wow that's much! I assume it's the amount of different poses, which makes it even more magnificent. :D
My largest set is Marck Hack, and it contains only 24. :(
Last edited by ~Dataman~ on Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
My DeviantArt My Youtube Channel
Anime is awesome! Watch my Anime Sword Techniques series in my Youtube channel! Currently I have covered Gatotsu, Yontoryu, Santoryu, Hiten Mitsurugi, Seven Swords Dance, Wattoujutsu, Scissorblade, Kamiya Kasshin and more is coming! :)

My Art Thread
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Haha yeah. It took me about a month each per set. Making variations of the same pose was also fun. :D

Also, I don't think I've seen you before. Nice to meet you! :)
~Dataman~

Post by ~Dataman~ »

I have done that much. If you check my thread, you can find my self-sprite, and annoyed version of it. Only head is changed. And Marck Hack's happy pose is his normal pose with smile.
Anime is awesome! Watch my Anime Sword Techniques series in my Youtube channel! Currently I have covered Gatotsu, Yontoryu, Santoryu, Hiten Mitsurugi, Seven Swords Dance, Wattoujutsu, Scissorblade, Kamiya Kasshin and more is coming! :)

My Art Thread
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Yeah, I see them. That's a good thing about making variations. Sometimes, you only need to change a couple of pixels to get a new pose. That's what I used to tell some artists.
~Dataman~

Post by ~Dataman~ »

Usually when I make a big change, it fails somehow and looks nothing like the character. I tried turn my sprite's head sideways, and it looked so terrible after thirty minutes of trying that I just ragequited Paint. Same thing with my try to make turn Garcie's clothes directly towards the player. (Now they have some angle)
And Hack's coat removal, but in it, I managed to get a result after some hours of trying.

Sometimes small change just isn't enough effect. It's challenging.

My Art Thread
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

The small changes tend to work really well on anything related to the head, that's for sure :x
E.D.Revolution

Re: E.D.'s Practical Arts (Requests: 0/5) [Gerik Leons Up!]

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Updated the thread with AP-Master's Gerik Leons sprites. I have three sets completed (two if you don't count VS) plus two or three more on the way. I got permission to make new sprites. I was going to use his sprites for a case but I never got time to do it. I'm just posting it here to show off range of skill.
E.D.Revolution

Re: E.D.'s Practical Arts (Requests: 0/5) [Mia Silhouette Up

Post by E.D.Revolution »

I've added a Mia Fey silhouette for the purposes of making a logo. This one is huge: 2041px x 814px. Free to use if you need her body as a base to make your own logo.
E.D.Revolution

Re: E.D.'s Practical Arts (Requests: 0/5) [New ASA Logo up!]

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Made a new logo for Mia Fey: Ace Spirit Attorney for the new release of the game.
Domyce432
Spoken languages: Italian, Decent English

Post by Domyce432 »

Just for info, the Lana-thinking graphic has to be mirrored to match Phoenix's position?
"The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over"
- Diego Armando.
Credit do Ceres/Mr. Incognito for designing the boxart template I used for my Boxart(s)!
Credit to everyone who supported me and my project!

OPEN THIS FOR MORE INFO
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

If it's from the defense's position, then yes, it has to be mirrored and fixed. The medals would have to be repositioned to match her suit. Plus the coat has to be redrawn (on the inside, that is). If it's from the prosecutor's side, then no.
Domyce432
Spoken languages: Italian, Decent English

Post by Domyce432 »

I'll TRY to do one.
From what you said I understand that one could make the graphic for both positions. Correct?
"The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over"
- Diego Armando.
Credit do Ceres/Mr. Incognito for designing the boxart template I used for my Boxart(s)!
Credit to everyone who supported me and my project!

OPEN THIS FOR MORE INFO
E.D.Revolution

Post by E.D.Revolution »

It is possible. Just note if there asymmetry on the sprites themselves, such as Lana's medals. That has to be accounted for to make it look right. Using the example you posted, if you could edit out PW and recolor the pixels, you'd have a template. Now, if you wanted to create a Lana screen, you need to draw the skirt and her legs (if needed).

In fact, I'll save you the trouble of finding a template. I did this myself in order to create it for case 2 (which I realized was actually not the appropriate application, but whatever).

This is the base you'll be working with:

Using my example, you could put a thinking sprite in the appropriate position. Note that I finished the skirt on her. The actual sprite is cut off at the waist.

And if you wanted to be fancy, colorize the background to match the character.