Fire and Ice! (But Mainly Fire!)

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

deHughes
Spoken languages: English

Re: Fire and Ice!

Post by deHughes »

Dypo deLina wrote:Oh wow, I really enjoyed watching that commentary. :D Thanks for the compliments, and yeah, I agree with the theme relevance part... we haven't really been able to flesh out that part yet due to both of us being addicted to Persona 3. :XD:
I was addicted to Persona before it was cool. :hipster:

Will listen to commentary when I have the time. Sadly, right now I don't. :P
ImageImageLevel:15ImageLevel:5ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15

Tasha Krantz sprite courtesy of gotMLK7.
mAc Chaos

Post by mAc Chaos »

Wow, I liked those video comments. A lot of it was the same stuff I was going to say. I'll still make my own comments though. You guys should do this for every trial.

Like mine. :P Your new OCCUPATION
The wolf knows what the ill heart thinks.
@mAcChaos

BEHOLD, the ULTIMATE CASE: MACFIA, an epic journey through time and space.
Wackyman

Post by Wackyman »

Yay, thanks for the review!
Spoiler : Firing up the Turnabout :
You're totally right about theme emphasis, and the fact that Ema's killing doesn't sound a lot like a heat of passion. I can of think of a reason for that, but it still sounds kind of unlikely. But still, it's not like AA doesn't have its share of plotholes, but that's still no excuse.

I guess the trophy was Ema's prized possession, so she carried it around with her. also, if you recall 4-4 and Klavier Gavin with his nail polish of poison, I think they'd allow a statue. Also, the trophy sidequest showed us that Geak had an animosity for Ema, which would get the plaer thinking that perhaps he wanted Ema to get framed. Of course, I'm not saying that's the reason...STOP COAXING THINGS OUT OF ME.

Also, very sorry about the paper examining thing. I had the same issue as you did with that. I playtested it only once, then tried to make it bigger in the editor, but I didn't have time to go all the way back to that scene to see if it was any better.
Announce the winners already I'm anxioooous. D:
HIROSHI-SAMA IS STILL THE GREATEST.
SS Sleuth and I are the same person.
gotMLK7 fashioned the Trama picture below out of female skulls.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water
[3/19/14 11:31:51 PM] Nick (Hodou): yeah I'm thinking that's the idea.

Check out my first trial co-created with Dypo_deLina Firing up the Turnabout!
Call me Wacky.

clcman

Post by clcman »

mAc Chaos wrote:Wow, I liked those video comments. A lot of it was the same stuff I was going to say. I'll still make my own comments though. You guys should do this for every trial.
Every comp or every trial on AAO?

The nice thing about how this was done was the fact that it was our immediately-after reactions, which is what most of the general public will feel.

New poll is up. Let's see what you guys think.

Ha! I still haven't said who won yet!

More rankings:
Length
1. Inferno (good God!)
2. Freezeflame (okay)
3. Firing (just investigation)
4. Elements (just intro)

Length (without filler or other irrelevant content)
1. Freezeflame (most all seemed relevant)
2. Inferno (80% or so seems unnecessary)
3. Firing (mostly relevant but short)
4. Elements (mostly relevant but just intro)

Epicness/Cleverness of Crime
1. Inferno (very clever)
2. Elements (how on earth...?)
3. Freezeflame (bombs! But failed bombs)
4. Firing (oh, another ax murder)

Strength of Prosecution's Case (at end of playable parts)
1. Inferno (defendant's story is incriminating and sounds impossible)
2. Elements (defendant was only one near victim)
3. Freezeflame (witness is far more suspicious)
4. Firing (prosecution's theory has major holes, especially premeditation and disposal of weapon)

Pacing
1. Elements (good)
2. Firing (good, trophy fetch quest was weird)
3. Freezeflame (a little fast sometimes)
4. Inferno (dear God, Inferno! It sometimes has the pace of a glacier made of snails)

Character Good/Bad Ratio (AKA how many I like over how many I want to strangle, and not in a good way)
1. Elements (no strangles)
2. Firing (one strangle, Geak)
3. Freezeflame (Klavier, Ius and the author)
4. Inferno (everyone but Shadow)
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
mAc Chaos

Post by mAc Chaos »

EVERY TRIAL

We don't pay you for nothing you know.
The wolf knows what the ill heart thinks.
@mAcChaos

BEHOLD, the ULTIMATE CASE: MACFIA, an epic journey through time and space.
clcman

Post by clcman »

mAc Chaos wrote:EVERY TRIAL

We don't pay you for nothing you know.
Okay, clcman and theWhiteWolfos's trial critiquing service coming up! Just send us your trial and we'll play it and record a ten minute rant about its flaws! All for just $19.99!

That could actually work...
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

clcman wrote: Originality
1. Inferno (guy on fire)
2. Firing (guy on fire, Apollo Justice, Gumshoe)
3. Freezeflame (guy on fire, Apollo Justice, Gumshoe, snowy area, Larry)
4. Elements (guy on fire, Apollo Justice, Gumshoe, snowy area, Larry, Phoenix as defendant)
Ahh...Damn. If I'd finished it you would realize that ours has a lot of twists and originality.
clcman

Post by clcman »

That was mainly just there to point out that all the cases had a guy on fire, three had Apollo and Gumshoe and two had Larry. Funny how stuff like that works.

Ping'
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Ping' »

I wouldn't say the video about Inferno was too long, but it was wordy. It wasn't bad, it just had a lot of words. Like, it went on and on and on and repeated itself a lot. I mean, there sure were a lot of words in there. I guess about 90% of it was made up of words, more or less - maybe even 100%. Also, it repeated itself a lot. It was just constant talking. A lot of words. Wordy, it was.

(Sorry, had to make that joke :XD: Seriously though, I kind of had the same feeling when playing the case that they were going for the frames. The crime has potential to be interesting though.)
Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

THIS.

MUST.

GET.

HAAAAIPE!

Clc, please tell us who won! It'll be our christmas present! PLEASE!
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
clcman

Post by clcman »

Good idea! I'll wait until Christmas to tell you! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

clcman wrote:Good idea! I'll wait until Christmas to tell you! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I hate you, clc. I hate you with a burning passion that is more than the Ten Plagues of Egypt themselves. What I feel for you is the opposite of reverence or honor.
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
clcman

Post by clcman »

I love you too, TwiGav. :nod:

Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

clcman wrote:Good idea! I'll wait until Christmas to tell you! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Can I still work on mine?