AAO Mafia Round VI:Discussion, and sign-ups (OPEN) thread!

Archives of the AAOnline Mafia game, now relocated to http://saccharynepark.co.cc/
Ghaleon
Spoken languages: English

Re: AAO Mafia Round VI:Discussion, and sign-ups (OPEN) thread!

Post by Ghaleon »

Very good. 16-18 people already. Shame you cannot play, Velo, but there is always the next fight.

Come on people! This is AS we are talking about as GM! Let's do this.
Phoenix_Apollo

Post by Phoenix_Apollo »

As it seems that Geno is MAKING it a rule that one GM has to use the trial maker, I'm signing up as a player and agree to the MAMA.
Ghaleon

Post by Ghaleon »

As it is AAO's flagship (the Trial Maker, that is), being the host of these types of games it is only natural to have that.

It's not hard to make them...takes about 30-60 mins to make a section of trial per phase (when I do it at least), not to mention it is fun.

Then again, might just be me...
Phoenix_Apollo

Post by Phoenix_Apollo »

However, not everybody can use them. Wouldn't it be as easy if two people who couldn't ask some dead person who can do it do it? It'ds all be a voulenteer thing, but you get the point.
Ghaleon

Post by Ghaleon »

The only requirement to use it...is Mozilla Firefox...which is far superior to Internet Exploder.

But I catch your drift. However, can you imagine the issues of trying to convey what you want to another person not playing of who and what you want your characters to say and do without control from yourself? I just find it easier to do it myself to save the trouble of having a middleman.
Phoenix_Apollo

Post by Phoenix_Apollo »

Actually, it seems pretty easy to convey that because you just have to write the script and say which animations to use.

The reason I'm even talking about this was because I was considering asking AS if I could be vice-GM so I could have some experience before I launch my own round.
Gyrys

Post by Gyrys »

umm hi. i heard about this and i thought it might be fun. ive never played mafia before though so could sum1 please help me?
DeKiller

Post by DeKiller »

I sign up! Oh em gee!
Sorry if my avatar is too annoying...DEAL WITH IT!!!!
Ghaleon

Post by Ghaleon »

Gyrys...this is a link to a Flash Movie that talks about the basics of Mafia in an easy to understand explanation. There are also some Help Topics here.

http://www.sitesled.com/members/mikebur ... scum04.swf
Ami

Post by Ami »

Um...I'd like to emphasize that if people would help contribute *glare*

that there will soon an abridged rule thread.

Furthermore, DeKiller, Gyrys, please look at the MAMA agreement (although there will soon be another MAMA, so read this one, just in case we don't get the new MAMA up and working).

EDIT: Added. by the by, Phoenix_Apollo, the trial maker is a unique feature on AAO Mafia. It is a requirement that either the GM, Vice GM, or both are able to use it to a rudimentary level at the least. Like Ghaleon said, it's the main feature on the site, and this game both promotes it and pays tribute to it. More the former than the latter, though.
since 2008!
Gyrys

Post by Gyrys »

genodragon1 wrote: Furthermore, DeKiller, Gyrys, please look at the MAMA agreement
"mama" whats that supposed to mean?
Ghaleon

Post by Ghaleon »

Mandate Against Metagaming Anything. Must be read and agreed on before play. Understand it...it is the key to all that is Mafia.
Advance Stratagist

Post by Advance Stratagist »

It's basically a wordy way of saying I promise not to cheat, and try my best at the game.

Still would be a good idea to read it, if geno put it up on the front page, I'm not sure if he did yet.

EDIT: just checked, it's not up there. Might wanna get some version of it up.
Image It hatched, and it still wants clicks. Go figure.
djoftheweb

Post by djoftheweb »

I, djoftheweb, agree to the MAMA. I would also like to express my interest at playing this game.

I also regret to say that I will be unable to create a banner for this round. This is because best buy feels the need to hold all my computer data ransom for $250, despite already shafting me out of $600. Therefor, I will be unable to access photoshop indefinitely.
videocrazy

Post by videocrazy »

The Rebel Alliance (AKA The Town)

Kota – This player can investigate other player's affiliations with a 30% chance of not receving any results back. The first investigation returned to Kota is 50% accurate. If it is correct, all Kota’s investigation will be correct, but if it is not correct, all Kota’s investigation will be incorrect as well. Kota is not able to investigate himself at any time.

Shaak-Ti – This player knows the identity of Maris Brood, and may double the value of a player's Lynch Vote during the Day Phase by PMing the GM, specifying whose vote will count twice. They may select themselves when using this ability.

Maris Brood – This player knows the identity of Shaak-Ti. If Shaak-Ti dies, Maris gets a one time choice to decide whether to defect to the Galactic Empire, and must decide before the end of the following phase. If she joins the Galactic Empire, she will be told the identity of the rest of the remaining Imperials.
I have the following concerns/questions about the above roles.

The first being all of Kota. I asked before, and Kota's inaccurate result has a slight chance to be wildcard, meaning results will likely be mafia. Now, my concern here is that wildcards nonwithstanding, the accurate result will always show one alignment, and the inaccurate result will always show the other. Meaning a repeat investigation is close to useless, unless wildcard shows up. Also, the 50% investigation, without any modifications, is guaranteed useless by itself. 60% and higher and 40% and lower can be used, but you can't use 50%.

My question is about Maris Brood. It's not listed if his power is kept if he does switch the the Empire. If he does get to keep it, does that apply the the slim chance of being turned to the dark side?