[T][CE] I Wanna Be The Turnabout ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Re: [T][CE] I Wanna Be The Turnabout ●

Post by enigma »

Quick, Zeel what's the last word?
>Die!
>I hate you!!!
:evil:
Zeel1™
Spoken languages: English

Post by Zeel1™ »

enigma wrote:Quick, Zeel what's the last word?
>Die!
>I hate you!!!
:evil:
Eeeeeeheheheheheheh~ :awesome:

So fun coming up with dickish ways to manipulate the system~
Spoiler : :
Putting a timer on questions and presents is way easier than I figured it would be. All you gotta do is put a wait timer on it, and put the "took too long" failure convo in the next frames. Works fine~
Turnabout Ghost - 1400 Frames
enigma

Post by enigma »

Yeah. I did that in a school project trial I made. However, what came next...seriously, Zeel? Really? What the- I don't even-
WHYTHEHELLISTHEREAFREAKINGPONY?!!!
Anyway, as revenge for the answering thing, the correct answer to that is below, plus all other answers.
Spoiler : Walkthrough as I remember them :
Question 1:Answer Yes.
Question 2:Answer No.
Badd's Testimony: Present the fruit at the fruit fell up statement, present the gun on the shooting in the head statement
Anon's Testimony:Present the fruit on the fruit throwing part, present the gun on the fourth statement. Alternatively: Read co-council convo and present the new evidence on third statement.
Hazama's Testimony:Press all then present the Kid or the fruit on the innocence statement
Question 3:Lovesplats!
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

enigma wrote:Yeah. I did that in a school project trial I made. However, what came next...seriously, Zeel? Really? What the- I don't even-
Anyway, as revenge for the answering thing, the correct answer to that is below, plus all other answers.
Badd's Testimony: Present the fruit at the fruit fell up statement, present the gun on the shooting in the head statement
Anon's Testimony:Present the fruit on the fruit throwing part, present the gun on the fourth statement. Alternatively: Read co-council convo and present the new evidence on third statement.
Hazama's Testimony:Press all then present the Kid or the fruit on the innocence statement

Unfortunately, the hardest troll is still to come. :(

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
enigma

Post by enigma »

Spoiler : HELP, PLEASE! :
Someone please give me the name of the pony print evidence that flashes up at a certain point of the trial!!!
Wooper
Spoken languages: English, un peu de français

Post by Wooper »

So I started playing.

...I hate you.
† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
I love My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic and I'm proud of it! Paste this into your sig if you are too!
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
oyeah1988

Post by oyeah1988 »

enigma wrote:Yeah. I did that in a school project trial I made. However, what came next...seriously, Zeel? Really? What the- I don't even-
Spoiler : responses to Enigma :
Why? Because Trollestia makes trials 20% Cooler.

Also
for Hazama, Press all, then present Nothing on the last statement 4 times to troll the troll.
Zeel1™

Post by Zeel1™ »

kwando1313 wrote:

Unfortunately, the hardest troll is still to come. :(
Wooper wrote:So I started playing.

...I hate you.
As for why... seriously, you have to ask? It's a Trololololo competiton, it just wouldn't be complete without Trollestia!

...Done by someone who actually loves ponies, and can do Trollestia justice, and knows how to write trials worth a damn, and doesn't kick puppies, and would actually be able to lock a topic when he says he does if presented with the chance, that is.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

Zeel... This... This trial... It's...

It's...

It's beautiful.

Listen to me, all those who have played this and those who are thinking about playing this. This is no "normal" trial. You do not "play it". No, rather, it is a journey. It is an experience like no other that AAO has to offer, and I suspect that there are few things in the world like it. You may think that someone who has created a trial like this is "insane" or "probably a sadist" but I think not. What do I see here? I'll tell you right now. It is a true gem created by a genius.

Playing this trial will make you a better person. It is an experience that hardens your soul, and shows you the truth about this world. It is an experience that will make you go from an immature child to a wise adult. It is a journey that you must be willing to get invested into. This is not something you just "pick up and play", this is a journey for those serious enough to overcome any obstacle, and then, only after losing several hundred times will you emerge victorious. That feeling of victory is truly earned, and those who manage to achieve it have become true heroes after their countless trials.

Every mistake is punished, but do not worry: This is something you just can't give up on. It is something that hooks you until the end. Every time, you learn from your mistakes and become a wiser person. Those who have played I Wanna Be The Guy will surely appreciate this trial more, but it is still great. Zeel, you have won my admiration. Brilliant job.
I enjoyed this trial a lot more than I should have. IWBTG sort of trained me up for things like this. Plus, I actually LIKE losing often, as weird as that sounds. There ARE several errors I noticed though... But I can't recall of them. I think I can recall that in the last statement of the first CE, Badd talks in a typewriter voice, but I could be remembering wrong. Aside from that, I guess it is disappointing that refreshing takes a while. In IWBTG, you could restart immediately. Still, you DO have the option to save at any time you wish, so I guess that's something. Though of course, this kind of trial isn't for everybody.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Mein gott...

Stuck on the second CE, and I've already presented the fruit. But there's a second thingy in there somewhere, and I have no idea what it is. I resorted to looking at Enigma's walkthrough... and still doesn't work for me.

I MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT. I think I would probably faint if I didn't get past this part. DX

*corner*
Zeel1™

Post by Zeel1™ »

GuardianDreamer wrote:Zeel... This... This trial... It's...

It's...

It's beautiful.

Listen to me, all those who have played this and those who are thinking about playing this. This is no "normal" trial. You do not "play it". No, rather, it is a journey. It is an experience like no other that AAO has to offer, and I suspect that there are few things in the world like it. You may think that someone who has created a trial like this is "insane" or "probably a sadist" but I think not. What do I see here? I'll tell you right now. It is a true gem created by a genius.

Playing this trial will make you a better person. It is an experience that hardens your soul, and shows you the truth about this world. It is an experience that will make you go from an immature child to a wise adult. It is a journey that you must be willing to get invested into. This is not something you just "pick up and play", this is a journey for those serious enough to overcome any obstacle, and then, only after losing several hundred times will you emerge victorious. That feeling of victory is truly earned, and those who manage to achieve it have become true heroes after their countless trials.

Every mistake is punished, but do not worry: This is something you just can't give up on. It is something that hooks you until the end. Every time, you learn from your mistakes and become a wiser person. Those who have played I Wanna Be The Guy will surely appreciate this trial more, but it is still great. Zeel, you have won my admiration. Brilliant job.
I enjoyed this trial a lot more than I should have. IWBTG sort of trained me up for things like this. Plus, I actually LIKE losing often, as weird as that sounds. There ARE several errors I noticed though... But I can't recall of them. I think I can recall that in the last statement of the first CE, Badd talks in a typewriter voice, but I could be remembering wrong. Aside from that, I guess it is disappointing that refreshing takes a while. In IWBTG, you could restart immediately. Still, you DO have the option to save at any time you wish, so I guess that's something. Though of course, this kind of trial isn't for everybody.
All true, all true~ :awesome:

Nah, but wow, I'm flattered, GD. Glad you liked it so much.

I guess that is the point really, to making ridiculously hard games. When you finally do win it feels so much better than beating an easy game would. I mean, people that beat the actual I Wanna Be The Guy feel like legends.

And it was made with the idea that people would be saving constantly, yes. Hence the "refresh to try again" thing, as refreshing would simply take them right back to where they were just before they died. I'm aware this means a silly amount of reloading, both from losing AND saving, which is kind of a shame, it's not really the way I'd like to troll people, but with this kind of trial, there's really not much I can do about that. Maybe if this was a PyWright case, that wouldn't be a problem, but... oh well.

But yeah, I totally get that not everyone's going to like this kind of thing, just as not everyone would play more than a few minutes of IWBTG before going "Well this is stupid, who wants to die over and over?"
I will say that this may have taught me some things that I'll use in the future as well. Some things like this might come back in serious trials, like the timed presents. I could definitely see myself using those again at some point, though probably with much more generous time than here. Similarly I might make use of the password system as basically a way of getting people to present things that they don't actually have in their court record. Of course in a serious, less over-the-top hard trial, I'd make it something easier to remember and input.

I know some have a thing against memory-based solutions in these games, but I think they have their place.

Also, making use of the co-council convo for something beyond just giving a hint, that kind of struck me as an interesting concept as well. How often do you see that? At first it was going to troll you and kill you - killing you for going into a co-council convo was actually the first idea I had for this when I first conceptualized an I Wanna Be The Guy-level trial like a year ago - but then I realized that if I could trick someone into going into it once and dying, only to find that they're expected to do that exact same thing that killed them once later when nothing had changed as far as they could see, well that would just be delicious... :awesome: So I had the idea of making going into the co-council after you've done the rest of the CE mandatory, and it worked out pretty well. I dunno, for some reason actually making the co-council convo relevant for once appealed to me. Might try it again some day, though implemented differently.

Did you get the subtle meta-gag with the final CE, by the way?
Dawn wrote:
Mein gott...

Stuck on the second CE, and I've already presented the fruit. But there's a second thingy in there somewhere, and I have no idea what it is. I resorted to looking at Enigma's walkthrough... and still doesn't work for me.

I MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT. I think I would probably faint if I didn't get past this part. DX

*corner*
Yeah his walkthrough's stupid, there's only one thing to present to that CE. :P

I suppose I can give you a hint... to get through this testimony, you'll need to take risks. As in, "doing something you've been told could kill you" kind of risks, or maybe even a "something that has killed you before" kind of risk.
Chin up, hon. You've got a long way to go... :P
Ubersupersloth

Post by Ubersupersloth »

Yeah, tried it, I give up, send me the walkthrough, please! Because... I CAN complain... there's a price to pay .. I CAN complain. (Jacques Portsman's theme)

(FRUSTRATION!!!)

:tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre: :tigre:
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

@Uber: Actually, unless I'm mishearing the lyrics, it's "I Came to play".
Spoiler : @Zeel :
What subtle meta-gag is that? Is it the part where The Kid said "I WANNA BE THE GUY"? Though that was technically after the last testimony, I believe... in any case, I felt like there were plenty of references, some that I got, some that I didn't. So what meta-gag is it?

EDIT: Also, I believe you said somewhere in the Case Comp thread that this trial got more serious at a certain point, which reflected real life. So, if I may take a guess, I think that everything got more serious immediately after Celestia's testimony (After that memory-password part, to be more specific).
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
enigma

Post by enigma »

Is it even possible to get past
the super-objection against the judge? :sideglance2:
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

It's funny, the intro to Badd's theme in this sounds SLIGHTLY like his real theme when it first starts.

(Works amazingly for a character with a pre-established theme custom made for him, btw)

Also, Zeel, you could always use Blackrune's Mercy mode. I mean, it's too late to split the case in two to reduce loading times...
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage