[T][CE] I Wanna Be The Turnabout ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: [T][CE] I Wanna Be The Turnabout ●

Post by Enthalpy »

Spoiler : :
Remember what you said about this not being beta-tested? I can tell. I looked into the source code after a while of being stumped on Hazama's first testimony. (Not even repeat presenting "Nothing" worked!) You should double-check the names of your variables.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Zeel1™
Spoken languages: English

Post by Zeel1™ »

Enthalpy wrote:
Remember what you said about this not being beta-tested? I can tell. I looked into the source code after a while of being stumped on Hazama's first testimony. (Not even repeat presenting "Nothing" worked!) You should double-check the names of your variables.
Okay, so sorry about that, fixed it and was able to get past it myself, so it should work fine now if you just save.

Thanks for pointing it out.
Turnabout Ghost - 1400 Frames
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Man, your trial has an insane amount of evil and trolliness. I think your trial, by far, is the most trolly of all the trials. So many ways to get exploded. It's... Brutally difficult.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Zeel1™

Post by Zeel1™ »

Thanks~ ^^
Esrom

Post by Esrom »

Did I get the wrong link? Why are we starting in Trial Latter?

EDIT: Never mind. I see now that it is indeed part of the joke.
Zeel1™

Post by Zeel1™ »

Come now Esrom, you gotta see stuff like this coming~
Esrom

Post by Esrom »

Zeel1™ wrote:Come now Esrom, you gotta see stuff like this coming~
I suppose, given the whole nature of the comp is tricks being played on us and all. And the very title indicates this is a comedy trial of sorts.

Oh, by the way, I've never actually played I Wanna Be The Guy, but I've heard of it. It has quite a reputation as being insane.

Oh, I'm laughing already. Got to love this...
Justice
You expect me to go up against six genuine dangerous prosecutors and Winston Payne all at once?!

To be honest, I thought it might amusing if an attorney had to go through a 'Prosecutor's Gauntlet', facing a different prosecutor every testimony. Is that what's going on here?

That line I just quoted above had me laughing out loud. Poor Payne ... no one takes him seriously.
Last edited by Esrom on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I'm not sure if this was a bug or not, but the final testimony is literally impossible. The correct password takes away 100 of your hit points, and the penalty after you found all the contradictions is 119 points. I had to use an avancement to get past that part.

As for my final thoughts on the trial, I'm sorry to say that I didn't like it. The trolling was so over the top that I completely gave up in part two. I gave myself three to five tries before I'd pull the answer from the source code. I know that extreme difficulty was the point, and I can tell you that you succeeded in that. For me though, it took most of the enjoyability from the game. You can only die so many times before it wears on you.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Zeel1™

Post by Zeel1™ »

Enthalpy wrote:
I'm not sure if this was a bug or not, but the final testimony is literally impossible. The correct password takes away 100 of your hit points, and the penalty after you found all the contradictions is 119 points. I had to use an avancement to get past that part.

As for my final thoughts on the trial, I'm sorry to say that I didn't like it. The trolling was so over the top that I completely gave up in part two. I gave myself three to five tries before I'd pull the answer from the source code. I know that extreme difficulty was the point, and I can tell you that you succeeded in that. For me though, it took most of the enjoyability from the game. You can only die so many times before it wears on you.
Oh sorry, that was a bug. You DIDN'T get the right password, that was the failure convo you saw. It just accidentally gave you a 100-point penalty instead of 120, so you proceeded past it into the successful convo.

And yeah, I get what you're saying. It's definitely not going to be for everyone, just like I Wanna Be The Guy itself. Bit of a niche trial, really. But I mean, it's for a trolling competition. Being the biggest troll is really the main objective, secondary being to be humorous, and third...ondary being to have a good story.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Zeel has created something so ridiculously hard, you laugh like hell the first time, then weep in despair the second. Yet, you can never ever stop playing the damn things. Congratulations, Zeel, you're a psychopath.
Stay tuned for a video of my tears. :cry:
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Zeel.

I think I lo- I mean, I like you for this.

It is so hard.

But so amusing. I giggled too much.

*throws cookies and giant-cherries-fruit things at you*

I will finish this. Without any help at all. :D
Esrom

Post by Esrom »

Well, I AM liking the comedy, especially seeing the assembled prosecutors squabbling with each other. A few questions.
What's the music that plays for Detective Badd? I can see why you chose it, since it does sound a bit similiar to 'The Truth Isn't Sweet' at times.
Zeel1™

Post by Zeel1™ »

enigma wrote:Zeel has created something so ridiculously hard, you laugh like hell the first time, then weep in despair the second. Yet, you can never ever stop playing the damn things. Congratulations, Zeel, you're a psychopath.
Stay tuned for a video of my tears. :cry:
That's exactly what I was going for, and I very much look forward to seeing it. :D
Dawn wrote:Zeel.

I think I lo- I mean, I like you for this.

It is so hard.

But so amusing. I giggled too much.

*throws cookies and giant-cherries-fruit things at you*

I will finish this. Without any help at all. :D
S'alright, feel free to love~ :awesome:

And that's quite brave of you, Dawn.
Esrom wrote:Well, I AM liking the comedy, especially seeing the assembled prosecutors squabbling with each other. A few questions.
What's the music that plays for Detective Badd? I can see why you chose it, since it does sound a bit similiar to 'The Truth Isn't Sweet' at times.
That would be The Real Folk Blues, known to many as the credits theme for Cowboy Bebop. One of the coolest damned songs in anime.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Second testimony....ARGHHHHHHH!!!! :tigre:
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

After getting pwnd by him on every other statement, I really liked the concept of not feeding the troll here. xP