AAO MAFIA ROUND VI DEAD THREAD - RAXUS PRIME

Archives of the AAOnline Mafia game, now relocated to http://saccharynepark.co.cc/
Advance Stratagist

Re: AAO MAFIA ROUND VI DEAD THREAD - RAXUS PRIME

Post by Advance Stratagist »

The game just ends when there is a tie, as a mafian win. They don't go into another phase in that case.
Image It hatched, and it still wants clicks. Go figure.
Regy Rusty

Post by Regy Rusty »

Traditionally a tie is equivalent to a Mafia win because a deadlock will occur and then allow the Mafia to kill. But this only happens if a deadlock results in no lynch happening.

Thus why Deadlocks should not result in a coin flip.
Advance Stratagist

I actually agree with that ruling Regy, the only reason I decided to leave a coin flip in was because I wanted to keep the game moving, so I'd be sure to be around the whole time. Wasn't expecting us to lose 1 player to MAMA, 2 to dropping out, and 1 to inactivity.
Regy Rusty

Post by Regy Rusty »

Well, if it comes down to it just end the game on a tie anyway, because it would be really silly to have it decided by coinflip. :P
Claizen

Post by Claizen »

C'mon...theres already enough dirt to put merc on the gallows. She's clearly been lurking, and no one wants to call it.
Ami
Spoken languages: English

Post by Ami »

Fighting evil by moonlight,
Winning love by daylight,
Never running from a real fight,
She's the one named Sailor Moon.

*Turns attention away from Sailor Moon*

...Indeed. Solo has a lot of damning circumstantial evidence as well.
since 2008!
Karfka

Post by Karfka »

Pandan just might call her out. She could be the hope of the resistance, the Luke Skywalker if you would. Err... Leia.
EmaTheScienceSkye
Winner of AC 1#!
Spoken languages: English, Chinese, French, Spanish, Japanese

Post by EmaTheScienceSkye »

>_>

<_<

A post count of eleven?
Your Resident Ema Skye Impersonator.
Blah.
Claizen

Post by Claizen »

The lack of enthusiasm and common sense annoys me to no end... GRAH!
Ami
Spoken languages: English

Post by Ami »

...Mercs, it's a tad late to be playing this tactic. Take your good graces, and change to a townie!
since 2008!
Claizen

Post by Claizen »

I like how the few that are active at this time are the ones on the opposing side.
Advance Stratagist

I actually like what mercs is doing.

If they go with her and kill zereos, the hidden power of her's goes off and the town will lose.

If they go after mercs, zeroes will look more townie and they probably won't go after him, which would make them lose.
Zakeri

Post by Zakeri »

videocrazy wrote:I don't understand. A tie, the deadlock randomizer could still lynch in favor of the Town, right?
Spoiler : :
There's 5 people left. Assuming a townie dies, it could go like this, couldn't it?

Say SJB is lynched.

4 people left

Night phase 8: Maris is hit.

4 people left, two mafia.

Mercs and Jibbs deadlocked. Randomizer decides in town's favor.

3 left, one is mafia.

Jibbs hit.

Pandan and Zeroes left. Each votes the other

Randomizer decides to lynch Zeroes. Town wins.
Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't mind the round ending today, I'm just wondering why.
The Mafia win condition is when the town no longer holds the lynching majority over the Mafia. There are two ways of seeing this, and I will present both.

Statistical: If there are an equal amount mafia to town players, the Town no longer has a majority (a majority is greater than 50%) which means that if all Scum vote for one townie, and all townies vote for one mafia member, the Town will not be able to ensure that the person they vote for are lynched (You see, it's because they have to ask the randomizer no matter what, not anything to do with how the randomizer decides)

Flavor related: The Mafia is known for any one of them being able to take out one townie by themselves, which they can only do under cover of night. If there's an equal number of Townies to Mafia, there's nothing stopping the mafia from bumrushing the townies, since all of the townies will be killed by one mafioso and there will be no one left to lynch them when they are revealed.

And, as an aside, You should bolt mercs. When I made the Inactivity rule, I specifically stated that everyone has to "Post in thread". I said that with the intention of not letting the meta of "You haven't posted since day one, you're scum" fall through and to have the Mafia have to apply themselves and think along with the situation in thread. It's not fair they get to survive just based on the fact that they've been submitting their night actions in.
Jim Raynor
Spoken languages: I know, you know...
Location: From Mar Sara, taking care of the Zerg infestation.

Post by Jim Raynor »

Zakeri wrote:
videocrazy wrote:I don't understand. A tie, the deadlock randomizer could still lynch in favor of the Town, right?
Spoiler : :
There's 5 people left. Assuming a townie dies, it could go like this, couldn't it?

Say SJB is lynched.

4 people left

Night phase 8: Maris is hit.

4 people left, two mafia.

Mercs and Jibbs deadlocked. Randomizer decides in town's favor.

3 left, one is mafia.

Jibbs hit.

Pandan and Zeroes left. Each votes the other

Randomizer decides to lynch Zeroes. Town wins.
Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't mind the round ending today, I'm just wondering why.
The Mafia win condition is when the town no longer holds the lynching majority over the Mafia. There are two ways of seeing this, and I will present both.

Statistical: If there are an equal amount mafia to town players, the Town no longer has a majority (a majority is greater than 50%) which means that if all Scum vote for one townie, and all townies vote for one mafia member, the Town will not be able to ensure that the person they vote for are lynched (You see, it's because they have to ask the randomizer no matter what, not anything to do with how the randomizer decides)

Flavor related: The Mafia is known for any one of them being able to take out one townie by themselves, which they can only do under cover of night. If there's an equal number of Townies to Mafia, there's nothing stopping the mafia from bumrushing the townies, since all of the townies will be killed by one mafioso and there will be no one left to lynch them when they are revealed.

And, as an aside, You should bolt mercs. When I made the Inactivity rule, I specifically stated that everyone has to "Post in thread". I said that with the intention of not letting the meta of "You haven't posted since day one, you're scum" fall through and to have the Mafia have to apply themselves and think along with the situation in thread. It's not fair they get to survive just based on the fact that they've been submitting their night actions in.
Tsk, tsk, tsk. Zak, you are forgetting something. Remember I was inactive, but actually submitting the hit requests. I barely posted on the LT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7NVjZ-Eyg

Golden Sun 4 coming out on the Switch with Golden Sun remakes of the first two games?
Was previously Ryuusai09.
Credit to Gumpei.

Grant Kirkhope is one of my favorite video game composer.
My favorite video game companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, former Rare, and former 3DO Company before it shut down.
Spoiler : Favorite characters in video games :
Starcraft: Jim Raynor, Fenix, Tassadar, Zeratul, Artanis, Alexi Stukov
Army Men: Sarge Hawk, Riff
Warcraft: Grommash (Grom) Hellscream, Thrall
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth (And a GK2 character which I shall not add here.)
SRT/SRW: Sanger Zonvolt, Kyosuke Nanbu, Elzam V. Branstein
Zakeri

Post by Zakeri »

Ryuusai09 wrote:Tsk, tsk, tsk. Zak, you are forgetting something. Remember I was inactive, but actually submitting the hit requests. I barely posted on the LT.
You should have been bolted, too :x

That's it, I am voting for anyone who hasn't posted in more than two phases, no matter what. This makes me so freaking angry.