Official AAO Competition: Breakdown Fever! (Results!)

Compete with other members to create the best art following a given theme.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Official AAO Competition: Breakdown Fever! (Results!)

Post by Alnar »

Breakdown Fever!
You ate my sandwich? MY SANDWICH?!

Results!
Spoiler : :
And NOW! Ladies and Gentlemen! Along with cats, birds, groovy dancers, fanatics, defense attorneys, prosecutors, witnesses, defendants, perpetrators, judge, nut bags, artists, aliens, monsters, and everyone else!
VOILA! The voting that has verily been vivaciously done in hopes of virulently attaining votes vowed to be used not for vermin valiantly defending their own vexation upon becoming very vicious whereas this here voting has verily ended with such a verbose speech vindicating a valiant cause that valorously ends this very vivifying competition!
And now -without further alliteration- we shall now give to you, THE RESULTS!
DRUUUUMROLL PLEASE! Nothing like it, baby!
The Results!
And now, presenting to you, the winner of this here craaaaaaaazy competition! GIVE ME ANOTHER DRUMROLL!

First Place with 13 votes!
Aer with her very excellent (and creeeeeepy) rendition of the true, de Killer! Every step you take... Every breath you take... Every time you wake... de Killer will be watching.

Second Place with 10 votes!
Sligneris and Xin Eohp take the second slice of cake. Look at that mad man laugh! WOAHAHAHAHAHA!

Third Place, both with 7 votes! It's a tie!
Both Gotmlk7's decapitation of Mr. Hat and Dataman's grand featherplosion of Polly fought hard to the death! However, they were deemed equally as break-tastic!

Fourth Place, both with 3 votes! It's ANOTHER TIE!
Image Image
Ohohohoho, Such ludicrousy! Dataman's whacked out Judge has tied with Eightbit's flipped out Mike Meekins! WHAAAAAAAAAT?! I think we can all agree both of them need to calm down. Have some cookies!

Fifth Place with 2 votes!
Lind seems to have brought very severe errors upon Lisa Basil. What can you expect coming from Blue Screens Inc.?

Sixth Place, each with 1 vote! It's a four-way tie!

ImageImage
Looks like FenrirDarkWolf (Pearly and Franzy), Dataman (Apollo), and Eightbit (Luke Atmey) each snag a vote for their great breakdowns!

Honourable Mentions
You all broke down quite nicely, but better luck next time! Why don't each of you have a cupcake?

KoopaKirby

Eightbit

Dataman
Congratulations to the winner! You have won the awesome rights to host the next AAO Competition! Let's see what new, craaaaaaaaaaazy competition you'll bring to us this time!
Also a huge thanks to all those who entered. Without you, this competition shall be nothing. NOTHING I SAY! I would also like to thank everyone for having me as the host of this contest.
(That is one word I've said a lot now. xD)

And that concludes this competition. But the Breakdown Fever will never end! It is contagious! Now, I COMMAND YOU ALL TO DAAAAANCE! Nothing like it, baby!
Voting!
And the competition has come to a close! As we all know, at the end of every competition we must hold... A DANCE OFF!...
I mean a voting. Yes, a nice and siiiiimple voting. Nothing like it, baby!
Before we get to politics, I would like to thank everyone for submitting wonderful and crazy entries! Nothing like a good breakdown to get the blood pumping. It's also a perfect climax for a trial!
Without fuuuurther adieu,
The Voting shall now BEGIN!
First off, the rules in voting.
1. Vote for two, you heard that right, TWO entries in bold text.
2. Do NOT -no, never, don't even think about it!- vote for your own entries, if any.
The Entries!
Entry One!
"I just... I didn't... I couldn't control myself... I... I... *sob*"

Entry Two!
LeGASPi! Mr. Hat, what has happened to your head?! Well, at least Trucy got her hat back.

Entry Three!
ImageImage
Trucy doesn't look pleased. And she lost her hat this time too. Poor Mr. Hat, he was a true and noble puppet.

Entry Four!
Image Image
No Pearly, why'd you do it! Wait, no, no, don't bite your finger, now now, don't cry, don't CRRRRRYYYYY!!!

Entry Five!
"Hohoho! Mr. Wright, that theory is absolutely ludicrous! WAHAHAHAHA! Oh dear, I can't stop! HOHAHAHAHAHA!"

Entry Six!
"Data corruption... Brain.exe has failed to start... FATAL ERROR! INCOMPREHENSIBLE. Breakdown.dat has been loaded!"

Entry Seven!
"That's it, I quit my job. Ggggrrrrraaaawwgh!"

Entry Eight(bit)!
ImageImage
"Very well. It is over. You win Mr. Wright, I have been bested."

Entry Nine!
"You're right, Herr Forehead, I don't want to live in this court anymore."

Entry Ten!
Image ImageImage
Bahahaha! HAHAHAHA! WAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! MOOHAHAHAHA!

Entry Eleven!
ImageImage Image
WHHAAAAAAAT?! I'm fired?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Entry Twelve!
Image Image
Oh dear... Now we know why de Killer has stitches! Run! RUN! Hide your children! Hide your friends! JUST HIDE!

Entry Thirteen!

But I just wanted cooooooookieeeeeeeeesssss!

Entry Fourteen!
Image Image
"You... Yoooouu... you...foolishly...foolish... FOOL! HAHAHAHAHAHA!"
Original Post
*groovily walks down the stairs*
I got your new competition riiiiight here. Nothing like it, baby!
So what do we have here? This is the 13th AAO Art Competition! I am Alnar, and I am hosting the so-called unlucky numbered competition.
You know breakdowns I'm sure. We all know it's one of the reasons you play Ace Attorney games. We all feel the sheer satisfaction once we see that ONE person just crumble down into nothing. Their cries of agony and pain ringing in the air and bizarre acts and movements that should not be possible for the real human being. So for this competition, we'll be doing just that.
But here's the difference, you will be making breakdowns for ANY character in the Ace Attorney storyline (Or you could have your own original characters). See Maya up there? Well someone just ate her beloved sandwich and now she's going Furio Tigre. Poor Portsman.

Now you can make a breakdown on a character that doesn't naturally have one, or create an entirely new one for characters that already have breakdowns. Your choice. Go crazy. Really.
A breakdown will have to be something within a completely over-overreaction (Maya) and a ground-shaking, glass-shattering act of defeat. I don't think the normal "damage" sprite would count.
The Breakdown doesn't have to be animated in order for it to be accepted. It can be a still picture like the frozen flames of Maya's Wrath. But animated ones would be more appealing. Try finding one you're more comfortable with.

Remember, go crazy. You can't create an awesome, groovy, crazy breakdown without being that same yourself. Bahaha!
Rules of the Groove
Use your own original work. We're all artists here and we all work hard. Let's not take that hard work away from each other, okaaaay? There's nothing like it, baby!
No GK2 sprites. We don't want any spoilers on the crazy breakdowns that might happen in that greeeat game.
You can submit as maaaany entries as you want. You can give us 1, or you can give us 10. Your choice!
Include the original character in your entry just so that we can see how craaaazy their breakdown is. Nothing like it, baby!
--

All entries must be in by January 1, 2013 at 11:59 PM. I'm no wizard at timezones (I do know enough) so that's a flexible time. It's New Year's after all.
And as always, the winner of this competition will receive, as a wonderful prize, A BRAND NEW CAR the rights to host the next competition.

Now if you excuuuuuse me, I don't want to cross Maya's Kill Zone. Nothing like it, baby!
*groovily walks up the stairs*
Last edited by Alnar on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:10 am, edited 15 times in total.
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Re: Official AAO Competition: Breakdown Fever

Post by gotMLK7 »

...I MUST do one for this. Or several. Or ALL OF THEM.
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

Aer
Spoken languages: English

Post by Aer »

THIS IS A GREAT IDEA. :D Well, gotta go come up with some ideas! Muahahaha....
--
I like to scratch sprite. Feel free to ask if you need anything :3
Not very experienced at backgrounds, action shots, nor evidence, but I'd love to try.
ZetaAzuel

Post by ZetaAzuel »

I love this idea it's the perfect opportunity to see who I can go and blackmail for breakdown sprites see some really interesting sprites.

EVEREYONE DO MANY MUCH OF THEM THE MORE THe BETTER!
Hersh is officially the best for making this awesome Rogan and Parseline Sig!
~Ask Rogan and Djin~
Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Rogan Esquin & Djin

TEAM LINK

Storage:
Eclipse the Lunatone
Abdowing the Woobat
Lasir the Zangoose
Voodoo the Wobbufett Lv. 14
Getter-2 the Porygon 2
ImageImage

Zeta x Dio
~~Proud Son of Dypo deLina and Evolina deLuna~~
eighthbit

Post by eighthbit »

This is looking to be a very epic competition, with the entries, y'know.
'Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.'
-Elbert Hubbard
~Dataman~
Spoken languages: English and finnish.

Post by ~Dataman~ »

I'm going to enter very epic and unexcepted breaking! This is going to be fun! :mrgreen:
My DeviantArt My Youtube Channel
Anime is awesome! Watch my Anime Sword Techniques series in my Youtube channel! Currently I have covered Gatotsu, Yontoryu, Santoryu, Hiten Mitsurugi, Seven Swords Dance, Wattoujutsu, Scissorblade, Kamiya Kasshin and more is coming! :)

My Art Thread
Koopakirby

Post by Koopakirby »

First entry get. This took no time at all, and shows probably. I haven't sprited much at all, really. This is practice. Will probably do more, this was just a warm up, hence why it isn't very theatrical.

My version is on the left, original on the right.
Attachments
BrokenWill.png
BrokenWill.png (14.74 KiB) Viewed 7319 times
Please play my trial series: Layers of Truth!
It contains my featured trial, Reinstate the Turnabout! Part 1 / Part 2
Heeeeey! Pinkie Pie here! Just asking for you to please check out Ask Pinkie Pie! It'll be a real party! I promise!
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Soon, soon, I show mine...
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
eighthbit

Re: Official AAO Competition: Breakdown Fever!

Post by eighthbit »

Can we have a two-part breakdown? Or just one breakdown per entry?
-Elbert Hubbard
~Dataman~

Post by ~Dataman~ »

Or no-one-knows-how-much-parts breakdown, like Man White.
Anime is awesome! Watch my Anime Sword Techniques series in my Youtube channel! Currently I have covered Gatotsu, Yontoryu, Santoryu, Hiten Mitsurugi, Seven Swords Dance, Wattoujutsu, Scissorblade, Kamiya Kasshin and more is coming! :)

My Art Thread
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

Hm, the two breakdowns would be separate, but the same person? Giving an example, let's say he's crying the 1st past, then explodes the 2nd part?
eighthbit

Post by eighthbit »

Yup. One thing happens in one, another thing happens in another.
-Elbert Hubbard
Alnar

Post by Alnar »

I think it's allowed, as long as it's in one picture. Or if you really want to, you can animate it.
~Dataman~

Post by ~Dataman~ »

I <3 Animated breakdowns!
I'm going to make least one myself.

My Art Thread
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Post by gotMLK7 »

I tried to do AJ!Ema but FFFFFFFFFF she's tough to edit. So have some Trucy.
Fun fact, this animation took like...just under 50 frames. But hey, it's my first succesful sprite animation! :awesome:

(Credit to LawfulMagician for the Trucy base btw)
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!