AAO Mafia Round VIII: [SIGN-UPS HAVE BEGUN, INTRO TRIAL UP!]

Archives of the AAOnline Mafia game, now relocated to http://saccharynepark.co.cc/
Ami
Spoken languages: English

AAO Mafia Round VIII: [SIGN-UPS HAVE BEGUN, INTRO TRIAL UP!]

Post by Ami »

GM: Djoftheweb
Co-GM: ???

SIGN-UPS HAVE STARTED! IF YOU SIGN UP, READ THE MAMA DIRECTIVE BEFORE SIGNING UP, AND AGREE TO THE MAMA DIRECTIVE WHEN YOU SIGN UP!!! THE MAMA DIRECTIVE CAN BE FOUND BELOW IN GOLD, AND CAN ALSO BE FOUND IN THE AAO MAFIA OFFICIAL RULEBOOK IN ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

NO START DATE HAS BEEN DETERMINED!

HERE IS THE INTRODUCTORY TRIAL! PLEASE VIEW FOR ROLE SUMMARIES AS WELL!

http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/jeu.php?id_proces=3640

THIS ROUND WILL HAVE A MINIMUM PLAYER COUNT OF 25!

MAMA AGREEMENT:Mandate Against Metagame Anything v. 2.0
By playing the game, you agree to the following:

I, the undersigned, understand that by participating in this game, I temporarily give up any friendships, alliances, or pacts formed outside of the game, with or without express intent of forming an in-game alliance. I will not honor these outside alliances inside the game, and will not let them affect my actions.
In-game, the only players that can honestly trust me and be trusted by me, and expect to protect me and be protected by me, are those players officially listed as being part of my faction, regardless of my knowledge of their true affiliation. I will do everything in my power to further my faction's goals of TOTAL DOMINATION above all else.
I swear that I will not resort to metagame methods of information collection and dissemination. This includes but is not limited to screenshots of private messages, reading of the Dead Thread as a living player, employing nonplayers, using existing duplicate accounts or creating duplicate forum accounts for any in-game purpose, bribing or blackmailing the GM, et cetera.
I recognize that this agreement is in the spirit of sportsmanship and fair play, and that in-game actions are made with concern to in-game victory, and are not made with the intent to incite injury, insult, or vendetta. By signing up for this game, I am aware that becoming completely inactive during this game will not be tolerated. If there is any reason that I may be inactive for some period of time, I will alert the designated GM on the issue. I will also not complain to the Game Master on a current round in any disrespectful manner, and will hold my complaints until I am either dead in this game or until the round concludes.
I agree to not allow outside Friendships and Alliances to have a lasting affect my relationships in the game, nor will I have betrayals and Lies affect my relationship with people outside the game.
I will only benefit my faction via logical means. Encouraging and or threatening another player to break the rules or MAMA as a tactic is not permitted. If I am pressured into such a thing I will immediately contact the current GM.

If for any reason I am found to disagree with or act against the MAMA, or the spirit of the Mafia game, I accept that I may be instantly removed from the game without warning. Public admissions of breaking MAMA are prohibited, and such a matter should only be discussed with the GM.

If you believe you are incapable of following this directive, please do not play the game.

Chrono Trigger Mafia:
Summary:
In honor of the re-release of one of the greatest games of all time, Chrono Trigger, I have designed Chrono Trigger Mafia which can be used for AAO Round VIII. This round will contain new roles not seen in past rounds, a third faction (A serial killer variant), and something I call a “sub-role”. A sub-role is a power that is given to one player. This is defaulted to go to vanilla members of any side, but in the case that this is not applicable, will go to a role. The user may use this sub-role in any way they please; however if they die the sub-role is not lost. It is instead transferred to a member of the side that killed the previous owner. (if the holder is lynched the town will get it, and if the holder is hit the mafia will get it) The third faction, Lavos, has a simple goal. Kill off all the other players. Winning rules are as follow:

Town: Kill all players not in the townie factions.

Mafia: Kill enough townies that they can not influence the vote, and kill all members of the Lavos faction.
Lavos: Kill all players not in the Lavos faction.

Role Powers:

Town:
Chrono: Hero of Light: This power can be used once a day. Chrono will choose one player. Using a blinding flash, that player will be blinded and unable to use any powers or vote for that phase.
Lucca: Unreliable Inventor: Good news: Lucca has made a device that can help identify the mafia! Bad news: There are a couple of bugs. Every day, a random 60% accurate investigation will take place. This has a 25% chance to be correctly sent to Lucca, and a 75% chance to be sent to any other townie.
Ayla: Hard Headed Tactics: By far the strongest role physically, she uses her strength to muscle up a single persons vote. That persons vote will count for 2 votes instead of the usual one.
Robo: Gift from the Future: Using special equipment from the future, Robo can lock on and check one player. The longer Robo has to investigate, the more accurate his investigations will be. They start at 60% and go up by 15% every complete phase (One day and one night.), maxing at 90%.
Frog: Knight of the past: Frog, the only member of the group with any real training on fighting, can use his skills to expose or kill roles. During the day phase, he can choose a player. If that player has a special role, he can either choose to have the player’s role exposed in thread or kill the role.
People of time: This rounds vanilla townies.

Mafia:
Queen Zeal: The cold queen: In her typical fashion, this queen has it her way. Her night vote overrides any other vote given for a Hit. Also, by forcing her magician lackeys to cast spells on her, she cannot be investigated. EVER!
Flea: Master of Deception: With his/her(?) powers of dark magic, flea can send a fake investigation result with the information of his/her(?) choosing to a random townie by hijacking Lucca’s device. However, even s/he(?) is having problems (Good work there Lucca). There is a 40% chance that the report won’t send. He is not told if the results were sent or not.
Ozzie: Dark Magic: Every day, Ozzie can remove two votes, because he is just THAT evil. He is only able to choose the person he wishes the votes off of; the votes that are removed are done at random. This power can be split and used on two people. WHAT A DIABLOICAL FEIND!
Slash: “I like swords!”: Every other night, the well equipped Slash will test out his sword skills on a single target. If that target is a role, he will kill them instantly. If they are not, he will miss and not do anything. Who knew that swards could tell roles apart?
Dalton: Golem twins, unite!: In his typical fashion, Dalton doesn’t do any of his own work. He sends those god forsaken Golems to do it for him. If he guesses who will be lynch correctly, the lynch is blocked by one of those things. Instead, the seconded highest voted will be lynched. This cannot be used on the same person twice.
Monsters: This rounds vanilla Mafioso’s.

Wild Card:
Magus: King of black magic, his powers can greatly aid either side. What his powers are, however, is as mysterious as his past.

Lavos:
Lavos: The largest threat to all of life, Lavos is a third faction all his own. He has a simple goal. Kill all life on the planet to sustain himself. In the start of the game however, he is very week. He starts out with only two ability. Every day, he may check a player to see if they have the Epoch subclass with a 50% like hood of success. If he is correct once, he will be correct every other time. His other power is the ability to use his remaining strength to kill one player. He may do this once. If the player has the Epoch Lavos lives and the player dies. If he guesses wrong, Lavos dies and the player is left unaffected. If he can gain the Epoch, he will gain his true power and bring the end of life as we know it.

Sub-Role Powers:
Epoch: A machine with the ability to travel through time, the player with the Epoch may choose an age to play in:
1. 65000000 B.C.: Burn! Bobonga!: In these prehistoric times, there wasn’t quite as many of those new fangled devises all the kids play with. No paper, no written language, no magic, that sort of thing. As result, all normal powers cannot be used as long as the epoch is in this time.
2. 12000 B.C.: In this time of magic, all players gain the ability to cast it! In this Era, all investigations or false investigations are either 99% accurate/successful or 1% because of all the magical interference. The roles are not told which.
3. 600 A.D.: There is a war going on around our little game! What an exciting place for our game to take place in! Only those with a strong will can survive here. Vote changes are not allowed. One vote, and it sticks.
4. 1000 A.D.: A modern day setting with a modern day court system. Out of all the people playing, only 12 randomly selected “jurors” votes will count. No one is told who the jurors are, not even the jurors themselves!
5. 1999A.D.: Day of Lavos. This era has been removed for the safety of all players. In the hypothetical off chance this Era was reached, it would cause Lavos to gain his true power and to make a short story shorter, kill all ya’ll.
6. 2300 A.D.: A post-apocalyptic future where even the air outside can kill you. As long as the game stays in this zone, there is a 50% chance that a random player will die every night.
7. End of Time: A blank slate, this place has no effect on the course of actions going on in the game.

If the holder of the Epoch dies, a random vanilla player on the side that killed him will gain the epoch. (If the holder is lynched the town will get it, and if the holder is hit the mafia will get it) The time will also default to the “End Of Time” for one phase.

PLAYER ROSTER (28):
Claizen
Aoshi
Zeroes
Psycholocksmith
videocrazy
NaturallyLazy
Fuzznerdees
Karfka
Zakeri
RandomJibberish
DramaticaXIV2
Powerdaan
Dj_Zao
Gyrys
Ishio
Mouse
tvmady
DarkCoffeeJazz
Shawni
Eternal_Brethren
General I.
itsaqua
O.G. Cracker
Ahria
Allan's Aokage
893316006be
fatalfeline
sinbad
since 2008!
EmaTheScienceSkye
Winner of AC 1#!
Spoken languages: English, Chinese, French, Spanish, Japanese

Re: AAO Mafia Round VIII: Do YOU Want To Be A GM?

Post by EmaTheScienceSkye »

*applies*

Super Awesome Radical Mafia!

Yep. I'm breaking the rules.

Prepared for the strangest game of Mafia you'll every play.

In this game, the Night Phases and the Day Phases are completely messed up. Lynches are in the Day Phase. Not that strange you say? Well, the "Night-kills" can also be during the day. The Mafia can kill in any phase they want. They can't, however, kill two phases in a row. The Night Phases have a completely different purpose. Here are the roles:

Mafian Roles:

Assassin: This is a transferable role. As soon as one Assassin dies, another Mafian is randomly given the role. Only this role may inform the GM of the target. If the Assassin doesn't kill someone for four phases in a row, he dies.

Spy: Every Night Phase, the Spy can choose one player to follow. If the target has a role, the Spy will be told at the end of the Phase. The Spy will not know what role the target has, only that they have a role. If the target does not have a role, no results will be given.

Townie Roles:

Scientist: Every two phases, the Scientist can choose to set up a force field in the home of one player. If the Assassin attemps to kill the player in the next phase, both the Assassin and the targetted player will be revealed.

Magician: When this player is either lynched or murdered, he survives for an additional phase.

Tracer: Every Night Phase, the Tracer can choose one player to follow. If the target is a Mafian, the Tracer will be told at the end of the Phase. The Tracer will not know whether the target has a role. If the target is not a Mafian, no results will be given.

I've been working on this for a while. I'm tested it three times already. In all except one, the game went extremely smoothly, and it was close. The time that it wasn't close was when the Scientist and the Tracer were both inactive.

EDIT: If someone really wants to Co-GM this with me, you can give me a PM or something.
Last edited by EmaTheScienceSkye on Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your Resident Ema Skye Impersonator.
Blah.
DarkCoffeeJazz

Post by DarkCoffeeJazz »

Actually, Ema, that looks nice.
I second the nomination. :godot:
Last edited by DarkCoffeeJazz on Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
AntiRoyalty

Post by AntiRoyalty »

EDIT : Too bad you can't delete your own posts, huh.
Last edited by AntiRoyalty on Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brb.
Dramatica

Post by Dramatica »

DarkCoffeeJazz wrote:I second the nomination. :godot:
Too used to C-R? Image
Ami

Post by Ami »

DarkCoffeeJazz wrote:Actually, Ema, that looks nice.
I second the nomination. :godot:
I deleted one post. And that was due to spamming the vote tally thread.

Ema will be noted as a candidate. *Records*
since 2008!
DarkCoffeeJazz

Post by DarkCoffeeJazz »

DramaticaXIV2 wrote:
Too used to C-R? Image
....I hate you. gimme back mah smilie..........
T_T

And no, not too used to CR..... I just refuse to admit this site has no Godot smilie....
It's blasphemy......
T_T
And no, Denial is not a river in egypt....

I wonder who else will be nominated? :godot:
Ami

Post by Ami »

DarkCoffeeJazz wrote:
DramaticaXIV2 wrote:
Too used to C-R? Image
....I hate you. gimme back mah smilie..........
T_T

And no, not too used to CR..... I just refuse to admit this site has no Godot smilie....
It's blasphemy......
T_T
And no, Denial is not a river in egypt....
Comments/Ideas section in the English Section. Go there. Make a topic. Put your plight there.
since 2008!
DarkCoffeeJazz

Post by DarkCoffeeJazz »

I might. But it's getting late here so I dunno...
Dramatica

Post by Dramatica »

Do it so I can make a suitable comment about Machi.
DarkCoffeeJazz

Post by DarkCoffeeJazz »

DramaticaXIV2 wrote:Do it so I can make a suitable comment about Machi.
Tobayyeee....
Dramatica

Post by Dramatica »

DarkCoffeeJazz wrote:
DramaticaXIV2 wrote:Do it so I can make a suitable comment about Machi.
Tobayyeee....
The original. One T, Two o's, one b, two a's, two y's, 2 e's, bish.

On topic, I third Ema's nomination
Karfka

Post by Karfka »

Well, I'd like to GM a round, but I'm not sure if I should apply for this one.

Eh, what the heck, I'll do it. My round is based on survivor, and has two or three little twists(aka: immunity and Exile Island)I've thrown in.

Here's the roles!

Townie Roles-
Terry: Terry cannot die before day two. If he is slated for death in this time, his role will be revealed to all, and a random target will be chosen in his place.

James: James will be given an extra clue to the location of the immunity idol every other phase, starting day one, whether he is on Exile or not. If James is the first to find the idol, another one will be placed.

Yau-Man: Yau can send fake clues to the GM to present to people on Exile island. The clues he submits can only be used during the night phase. He cannot use the same fake clue twice in a row.

Ozzy: Ozzy can do one investigation every phase at sixty percent accuracy. They cannot be inaccurate two times in a row, although they can be accurate twice in a row.

Mafia Roles:
Todd: Todd receives a list of roles for the mafia night zero. The mafia godfather’s hit request overpowers everyone else’s hit requests. When investigated, Todd will always come up townie.

Pavarti: Pavarti can move three votes to different players, even players that weren’t voted for.

Johhny Fair-Play: Starting night one, Johnny can send in one request to the GM asking for a player’s role. He can do this every night until he finds a role. Once he finds a role, this power is no longer useable.

Ace: If Sugar is not affiliated by night four, her identity will be revealed to Ace. If Sugar affiliates with the mafia, Ace’s identity is revealed day five.

Wildcards:
Sugar: Whichever faction makes a successful affiliation request for Sugar first will get Sugar.
Eric: Whichever factions makes a successful affiliation request for Eric first will get Eric.

Those are the roles. If I need to explain about the twists I've added, I will. Also, I'm adept at the trial maker, although I can't get that damn music to play. I'm working on it though.
Last edited by Karfka on Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeroes

Post by Zeroes »

Does this topic cover Co-GM as well?

EDIT: Also, Force can't be GM. Remember, he doesn't have the Mafia board?
Ghaleon

Post by Ghaleon »

Very well, I will call back my vote then. I will have to think of someone else.