[T][CE] Phantasmagoria of Betrayal ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

PWfan666
Spoken languages: english

Re: [T][CE] Phantasmagoria of Betrayal ●

Post by PWfan666 »

Ferdielance wrote:this kind of comedy depends on never giving the player any rest, until they either given in and laugh, or give up and do something else.[/spoiler]
Spoiler : :
I can't agree more. In the 2 first witnesses' testimonies, I was this close to just close firefox and do something else with my life. I really wasn't taken by those parodies and what not, and got just bored to death. But staying until the end was well worth it.
Like someone else, my favorite part was the prologue. It was elegant, charming, glamorous, funny, and well written. I Loved it.

Coo coo
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Spoiler : Trial Spoilers :
ZetaAzuel streamed this a while back and somehow managed to get most of the puzzles in the Trial without looking at the hints, or really thinking about them.

Predictions about OmicronVerde have proved prescient.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Trybien
Spoken languages: English

Post by Trybien »

Enthalpy wrote:
ZetaAzuel streamed this a while back and somehow managed to get most of the puzzles in the Trial without looking at the hints, or really thinking about them.

Predictions about OmicronVerde have proved prescient.
Well, the trial itself wasn't that difficult in perspective, it just required reading the evidence thoroughly (which I kinda told him numerous times. Then again, his plight with the operation was the best.

BTW, here's the link. http://www.livestream.com/zetaazuelplay ... 4a904e7596

Too many hours with spent with this. Worth it.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

I'm just surprised that nobody noticed
the reference to "The Room" in the first trial's opening
after four months.
Last edited by Reverie on Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

And that's just tearing us apart.
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Just played through the prologue. My thoughts below...
I like how there are several options in the investigation scenes not native to a typical investigation. Did you use the "Ask the player a question" feature to do this, or did you use your mad coding skills?

I cracked up at the thought of von Karma putting gravestone candles on birthday cakes to remind young Miles and Franziska of their mortality. :calisto:

The unconventional Thought Route usage had me in hysterics. I about wanted to strangle Phoenix by the time I had to rotate the pigeon's tag.

Slowest. Bullet. Ever.
Image Image Image
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

"Whoops, I turned it upside down."
Last edited by Reverie on Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nearavex

Post by Nearavex »

I wonder, how did you manage to get text that's inputable into the editor to show up as image?

Also, ugh... Why does almost every single fangame I find try to be sooo mysterious and dark. Nothing wrong with it, but I think I'd rather have the usual Ace Attorney spirit, really.
Av by ticcy
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

This one is a parody of grimdarks, according to the creator's comments on this thread
Last edited by Reverie on Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

@ Spyromed:
At least one person told me in a private conversation that they saw the reference, but just didn't comment in-thread.
Also, please spoiler-tag that last post, just to be safe.

@ TheDoctor:
Thank you! The investigation was almost entirely written by Ferdie; the candle, Thought Route, and bullet jokes all came from him.

The prologue makes heavy use of "Ask player to select an answer" features. Most of Ferdie's coding magic went into Endless Nine, and a certain something you'll see in the final part of this case.
@ Nearavex:

That particular trick requires a custom file host and proficiency in making .svg files and .php scripts. That is not a normal feature of Ace Attorney Online.

As for your other comment... just play the game.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Nearavex

Post by Nearavex »

Yup, don't worry. It was just my first impression, nothing more =P
Av by ticcy
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Finished the rest of the game. Thoughts below...
Spoiler : Trial/Finale :
Gosh, the parrot's testimony was depressing. Also, I realize this was intentional, but I hated all the vague contradictions.

Pearl's testimony on the other hand was hilarious. Sadly, I was so sick of the parrot's testimony, I lacked the patience to press any of her statements. I just went straight to the contradiction.

I'm defending someone for the crime of urn smashing by trying to prove she was too busy murdering someone at the time. Not only that, but I do this by getting the victim (who clearly isn't dead) to testify against her! What the heck!? (loved every second of this, btw)

Payne's the bad guy? Okay then.

I'm cross-examining a plant? And I thought cross-examining a whale was ridiculous. Not only that, but the plant speaks better English than the whale.

Phoenix is Tigre? That might explain why he had such a hard time with the Thought Route. Also, the Judge is Violetta? And Godot is the pigeon? I'll take over-the-top ridiculous plot twists for $1000, Alex.

Overall, I got the most enjoyment out of the Prologue. There were some good moments in the trial and finale, but the prologue was the best part for me.

Also, where's the secret fanservice ending with Iris I was promised? I want answers, dang it! :P
Image Image Image
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Thanks for the comments!
Spoiler : Comments :
There's definitely a big difference in the style of humor between the prologue and trial.

The main challenge, I think, is that Enthalpy was taking on a ridiculously difficult task, while I got to goof around. He had to:

1) Make fun of unplayably ridiculous puzzles..
2) ....in a way that was playable...
3) ...and kept the plot moving steadily, putting all the needed elements in the CR...
4) ...while maintaining enough variety and emotional drive to keep the player interested.

In the Prologue, on the other hand, I had license to do nearly anything, as long as it could tie into the trial eventually! PIGEON TRAUMA CENTER? WHY NOT??? SOUNDS FUN!

When we originally discussed and planned the case, those four wheel options were going to be very brief plot branches. The pigeon's sole contribution to the case would be a few lines of narration. Then the pigeon took over the entire prologue, and went on to wreak havoc. I wouldn't have had it any other way!

Enthalpy, on the other hand, was naturally constrained by the logic of his puzzles. If he changed one detail, others would have to change in turn. So he couldn't always stick in whatever plot twist would be the funniest.
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
cesar26100
Spoken languages: English-Ingles,Español-Spanish

Post by cesar26100 »

Just finished this trial,and I pretty much agree with everyone else.The prologue was the best part,though the other parts were also great.
And Charley's dead...wow.Most tragic scene of any story ever writen.Damn you,Payne!

One question,though:If Maya's dead was an act,then what is up with that random scene were Phoeix goes to luthania or something?
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.
The Ash Raichu

Post by The Ash Raichu »

Spoiler : @cesar :
That was a part of Tigre's misleading narrative/false flashbacks. Tigre acted how Phoenix would've if Maya bit it, remember? Admittedly, it's not clear if it's Tigre only during the trial or not, but still.