The Bright Age of the Law - In Justice we trust !

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

drvonkitty
Spoken languages: English

Re: The Bright Age of the Law - In Justice we trust !

Post by drvonkitty »

I imagine so, yeah. The people who entered the comp in the French section were allowed to make threads immediately after the results as far as I could tell, and Unas and Kroki picked a victor and then had a public vote as was planned. I don't see why anything will be different here (other than the fact that we won't be having the public vote).

plot twist k1 is the actual victor of this comp

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Hesseldahl wrote:Are we going to see who won and be able to play the trials?
The winner should be announced when the winner is decided.

As for if you can play the trials, you can play them if the authors decide to release them. We can't "force" them to release them to the public.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Craxuan

Post by Craxuan »

They probably will release it to public, but we don't know when. Doesn't make sense for them to spend months making a game and only allow the judges to enjoy them anyway.
SuperAj3
Spoken languages: English, 日本語(少しだけ)

Post by SuperAj3 »

I'm sure we'll be able to play the cases once the winner is announced. (I'm looking forward to trying them all out! I'm excited :pearlhappy: )
ImageImageImageImage
Avatar from the TSub website :april:
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Well, since actually the entrants here requested to be able not to release the trials publicly right now but wait until they have time to make finishing touches, I won't force them. They will decide when to release it.

That being said, I leave the decision up to them but I'd find it much better if they were to release it early after the announcement, so that everyone can enjoy it :-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Hesseldahl
Spoken languages: Español, English

Post by Hesseldahl »

I just wanted to know, both entries look very promising
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

Do you have some sort of estimate on when we'll hear who the winners are?
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

As soon as I can resume playing the entry I haven't finished yet. Possibly this weekend. :-)
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Unas wrote:As soon as I can resume playing the entry I haven't finished yet. Possibly this weekend. :-)
I've literally been reduced to continuous F5'ing at this point.

I really want Doctor Kitty to win because he's a fresh face, but GOSH DARN IT I LOVE ENIGMA
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

Any updates?
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Okay, I'm REALLY starting to get pissed off. Would you just release the results already?
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

Blizdi wrote:Okay, I'm REALLY starting to get pissed off. Would you just release the results already?
I don't like that tone much, my good sir. You better calm down before I get annoyed.

Especially since you are in no position to complain. I understand that entrants would get annoyed, just like I am a little annoyed by the situation myself as it should had been over a month ago. But you, my good sir, you didn't enter, and you didn't work in any way for this competition as far as I know. So don't go considering that you deserve anything.
I hope my point is made.

And now, let us be clear, because indeed some people actually deserve an explanation (the entrants who are not aware of it already).

I intended to play everything at the beginning of september, and I did play fully one of the entries without any problem.
The other, however, had quite a few game breaking bugs, so I gave time for them to fix those, as I said there.
I could have just rejected them as losers, but it's not what I want for this competition - I want to judge on the overall look and feel of the whole work done, not being limited by something as trivial as a fogotten redirection.

It so happens that they took too long to fix it, and we entered a period of time where I am very busy myself, and didn't have time to spend on it. Additionally they only confirmed to me last week that all was supposedly fixed and I could resume.
I will try to start playing it again soon, possibly Monday afternoon.
ImageImageImage
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

I mentioned this before, but... since the next hosts have already been decided, judging has been going on for so long already, and we don't really know when exactly it'll be finished, maybe the next comp can start before this one completely finishes? (At this point, I don't think it's really being "hasty.")
Unas
Admin / Site programmer

Post by Unas »

Ah, yes, of course. I kind of forgot about that...
Well yeah, when I called you "hasty" it's because I expected to be able to finish playing everything in the next few days... which was not possible for the aforementioned reasons.
But now it's legitimate xD

Give me one more week (hopefully I can play all of that last entry on Monday, but a few more days just in case); if I haven't made the announcement by then you'll have the green light for the next competition ;-)
ImageImageImage
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Well, it's nice to know what the cause of all this was.

Good luck getting through the last of the entries, and have fun playing it!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson