Getting Started with the AAO Trial Editor (V6)

Get started with the upcoming AAO version 6.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: Getting Started with AAO V6 (Complete!)

Post by kwando1313 »

You need to put wait timers on the same frame as your bubbles. IIRC, it's 1500ms for the bubbles.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

The guide doesn't explicitly address this as written.

What you're looking for is a wait timer. Figure out how many milliseconds you want the frame on-screen for, and put that number in that frame's 'Wait for" box. As kwando says, you want 1500 milliseconds for any of those three bubbles.

Also, please do not triple post. If you want to add something to your previous post, simply use the edit button.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
ned63
Spoken languages: English

Post by ned63 »

Thanks so much, both of you!
Did I triple post?
Guess I'm an idiot, didn't mean to XD!
But anyway thanks a bunch. In fact, I think I'll do a Gumshoe/Edgeworth and...
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!
PS: What time do I set for the Judge's hammer, Judges hammer x3, and the gallery speaking/cheering?
ned63

Post by ned63 »

Ok, NVM about the PS earlier, I fgured it out myself.
But how do I import some floorplans of the crime scene I made (Badly :P) on paint into the trial?
Please?
Again, pretty sure it isn't in the tutorial.
Thanks!
energizerspark

Post by energizerspark »

1: Upload it to an image hosting website (I recommend Imgur)
2: Right click the picture and click "Copy image URL" or words to that effect
3: Make your evidence, click "check button data" (owthe), click "external URL" and paste the link in.
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
ned63

Post by ned63 »

Thanks!
LawyerHero64
Spoken languages: English, Dutch

Post by LawyerHero64 »

I've tried adding Edgeworth to his bench in the courtroom. Everything's fine, but, Edgeworth is invisible! I've added his character, but, he still is invisible! How to fix this?
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

Did you set the character before the place? I know that doing so causes the character to bug out and become invisible. You should re-set the character if that's the problem, or change the character's alignment to "right-aligned" (left-aligned if the problem occurs with the defense attorney).
Eraser Ninja

Post by Eraser Ninja »

Before seeing this- :tigre:

After seeing this :awesome:

Thanks! This pretty much fixed all of my bugs!
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

I'm glad this has been able to help everyone that it has! :D

Hopefully I'll be able to get around to revamping it soon so it can become a part of the actual official documentation. That, of course, won't be happening anytime before mid-May since I have exams coming up.

FireballFoxes

Post by FireballFoxes »

Hi, I need a little help with the investigation phase. :grossberg:
I set up the detention centre, but when I put the defendant in they're standing in front of the window. How do I change them so they're standing behind the window?
Thank you for help :D

EDIT: Okay one more thing. How do I end an investigation phase? Like, after the player has collected all the evidence available, how do I get it to skip to the court-battle phase? Thanks :D And please, anyone that can help me please PM.
drvonkitty

Post by drvonkitty »

FireballFoxes wrote:Hi, I need a little help with the investigation phase. :grossberg:
I set up the detention centre, but when I put the defendant in they're standing in front of the window. How do I change them so they're standing behind the window?
Thank you for help :D

EDIT: Okay one more thing. How do I end an investigation phase? Like, after the player has collected all the evidence available, how do I get it to skip to the court-battle phase? Thanks :D And please, anyone that can help me please PM.
When you're choosing the place, there are two versions of the detention center - behind and ahead. Behind will put the character on-screen behind the little bar. Ahead will show the character standing outside of the cell.

To end the investigation phase, you have two options. You can do a scene change like normal, and just start the court phase. You can do this by making a black background, and doing the green-locational text.

However, if you want the court phase to be in a different trial, you use the "End the game" action at the end of the investigation, and set it to proceed to the next part of the series. This next part will be the trial phase, which you set up as the next trial in a sequence. There's a new guide on how to make a sequence I believe, so you can check that to find out how to do so.

I hope that helped!

nWoObjection
Spoken languages: English, Moderate Spanish, Minor Japanese(Romanji)

Post by nWoObjection »

It would be nice if v6 allowed you to automatically use a certain background with certain characters like v5 did.
That way we wouldn't have to set the background every single time on every single frame.
Boredom is the mother of creation.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

You don't. You only need to define a new background to change the background. Just like in v5, the old background sticks around unless you tell it otherwise.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

nWoObjection wrote:It would be nice if v6 allowed you to automatically use a certain background with certain characters like v5 did.
That way we wouldn't have to set the background every single time on every single frame.
You also have to remember that the very same method causes trials to get bloated very easily. Having the bg defined every frame he/she talks will cause the Trial data to be increased exponentially.