DEAD|AAO VIII| Past The Brink of Time

Archives of the AAOnline Mafia game, now relocated to http://saccharynepark.co.cc/
EmaTheScienceSkye
Winner of AC 1#!
Spoken languages: English, Chinese, French, Spanish, Japanese

Re: DEAD|AAO VIII| Past The Brink of Time

Post by EmaTheScienceSkye »

videocrazy wrote:Ahem...
This includes but is not limited to...bribing or blackmailing the GM, et cetera.

I will only benefit my faction via logical means. Encouraging and or threatening another player to break the rules or MAMA as a tactic is not permitted. If I am pressured into such a thing I will immediately contact the current GM.
Shouldn't it be more "I will do everything in my power to further my faction's goals of TOTAL DOMINATION above all else"? Blackmailing a player isn't against the rules, is it?
Your Resident Ema Skye Impersonator.
Blah.
videocrazy
Spoken languages: English

Post by videocrazy »

So I gave my friend a prod, and what I was afraid of happened. He said he got bored, and stopped playing. I warned him he would have to commit to the entire round, but...

Also, Ema, I remember in one of the first rounds, someone got banned for quoting their role PM, and they said they only did it because someone else said if they didn't quote it, they would lynch them. At least, I think that is how it went. IN any case, blackmail against anyone is definitely against the rules.

videocrazy

Post by videocrazy »

Sorry for the DP, but this is somewhat urgent.
Psycholocksmith wrote:By the looks of it, we have three and a half hours until quadruple death.

Unless some certain somebodies post...
How would he know this, if it was only contained to the DT?

O.G. Cracker

Post by O.G. Cracker »

It isn't. I got a PM from Allan asking about whether Daan should be kicked.

Again, I'd like to kick him, but I don't like the idea of acting without DJ's confirmation. Sorry...
Ah was an engineer, 'n' that meant ah solved problems.

AAO Round VII: Cid Pollendina, slain by Scarmiglione
videocrazy

Post by videocrazy »

No, what I mean, is that you post that three people are going to die, and then later, Psycholocksmith comes up with exactly that number. He's played a few rounds, he knows that the "two phases" issue isn't usually followed.

Ami

Post by Ami »

O.G. Cracker wrote:It isn't. I got a PM from Allan asking about whether Daan should be kicked.

Again, I'd like to kick him, but I don't like the idea of acting without DJ's confirmation. Sorry...
IMO, threats like that are against many spots of MAMA. Ban him, he needs to learn the consequences for such actions.

As for Psycholock, he seems to just be keeping track of things at the moment, if we are to believe his explanation.

CUT: Correct...Idk how to handle Psycholockes...
since 2008!
videocrazy

Post by videocrazy »

O.G. Cracker wrote:Great, now I have three other people set to banhammer as well. <_<

...Is it bad if I don't know who Ento is? :/
I know. Look at this. How does Psycho know that they are going to die today, and the inactives don't just have an excuse?

O.G. Cracker

Post by O.G. Cracker »

...Alright then. Since Geno's given it the OK, I'll kick Powerdaan. I'll leave the matter of allowing him into later rounds to other GMs.
videocrazy wrote:No, what I mean, is that you post that three people are going to die, and then later, Psycholocksmith comes up with exactly that number. He's played a few rounds, he knows that the "two phases" issue isn't usually followed.
What? So you're saying he's suspicious for following the rules? :/
And he's only played one round so far, so I don't think you can assume that...
videocrazy wrote:I know. Look at this. How does Psycho know that they are going to die today, and the inactives don't just have an excuse?
If the inactives didn't bother to warn the GM or co-GM in some way - and to the best of my knowledge they haven't - then they should be assumed inactive and bolted after two phases of silence.

videocrazy

Post by videocrazy »

O.G. Cracker wrote:...Alright then. Since Geno's given it the OK, I'll kick Powerdaan. I'll leave the matter of allowing him into later rounds to other GMs.
videocrazy wrote:No, what I mean, is that you post that three people are going to die, and then later, Psycholocksmith comes up with exactly that number. He's played a few rounds, he knows that the "two phases" issue isn't usually followed.
What? So you're saying he's suspicious for following the rules? :/
And he's only played one round so far, so I don't think you can assume that...
videocrazy wrote:I know. Look at this. How does Psycho know that they are going to die today, and the inactives don't just have an excuse?
If the inactives didn't bother to warn the GM or co-GM in some way - and to the best of my knowledge they haven't - then they should be assumed inactive and bolted after two phases of silence.
Take last round for example. The only person banned for inactivity was Gyrys, and that was because he hadn't read his role PM. A few others were lurking/inactive, yet none of them were banned. And in the case of Gyrys, it was later found out he had a blackout and couldn't get on at all. That's one of the reasons the "two phase" rule is not strictly followed.

Ami

Post by Ami »

Don't do it because I said to do it, OG, do it because it's the right thing to do. ...Which it is.
since 2008!
O.G. Cracker

Post by O.G. Cracker »

Oh boy. As is we may have a total of six people dead this phase, if the Town DOES switch to DCJ instead of Ahria. <_<

Jim Raynor
Spoken languages: I know, you know...
Location: From Mar Sara, taking care of the Zerg infestation.

Post by Jim Raynor »

O.G. Cracker wrote:Oh boy. As is we may have a total of six people dead this phase, if the Town DOES switch to DCJ instead of Ahria. <_<
Wait...WHAT?! SIX people dead this phase? Dang. :o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7NVjZ-Eyg

Golden Sun 4 coming out on the Switch with Golden Sun remakes of the first two games?
Was previously Ryuusai09.
Credit to Gumpei.

Grant Kirkhope is one of my favorite video game composer.
My favorite video game companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, former Rare, and former 3DO Company before it shut down.
Spoiler : Favorite characters in video games :
Starcraft: Jim Raynor, Fenix, Tassadar, Zeratul, Artanis, Alexi Stukov
Army Men: Sarge Hawk, Riff
Warcraft: Grommash (Grom) Hellscream, Thrall
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth (And a GK2 character which I shall not add here.)
SRT/SRW: Sanger Zonvolt, Kyosuke Nanbu, Elzam V. Branstein
videocrazy

Post by videocrazy »

Oh. One more submission of evidence. The three people he listed went inactive during different phases, but somehow, he knows that they're all dying this phase.

O.G. Cracker

Post by O.G. Cracker »

videocrazy wrote:Oh. One more submission of evidence. The three people he listed went inactive during different phases, but somehow, he knows that they're all dying this phase.
Not so. All four players made their last posts during Day 2. Hence by the end of this phase they'll have made no posts for two phases.

Ami

Post by Ami »

Shawni wrote:Hey, sorry Ahria and I have been inactive, Christmas is really taking a toll on both of us. Ahria is unable to post right now since she's been out shopping since 5am this morning. She's barely home right now >_< She sincerely apologizes and will get on as soon as possible.

Now on to why I logged on.

Vote: Ahria

I can't believe you would role-claim and think you would get away with it.
Shawni and Ahria have excuses. I can attest to this as true.
since 2008!