Red Truth

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Msipp26
Spoken languages: English

Re: Red Truth

Post by Msipp26 »

I do have some ideas that fit with this theme, but I can't promise it'll be good or done on time, I can promise to make something though, probably, assuming the editor isn't an asshat
Last edited by Msipp26 on Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
:dekiller:
just a guy with a lot of ideas but who isn't very good at executing them.

THERE ARE MYSTERIES OTHER THAN LOCKED ROOMS, YOU GUYS. NOT EVERY CASE HAS TO BE A LOCKED ROOM MYSTERY.

comment "Danganronpa chapter 3" on any trial with more than one murder
DeathByAutoscroll

Post by DeathByAutoscroll »

clcman wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:39 pm I have a case idea that perfectly fits this theme. Unfortunately, I already made half of it for a previous comp, and so can't submit it to this one.

Unless...

I am officially announcing a "shadow entry" to this competition. In the spirit of the Red Truth, I shall devote myself to completing this pre-existing impossible premise case and publicly releasing it before the comp deadline! I obviously can't win the comp and I expect no awards, but if I shall succeed, I shall have a prize greater than anything a comp judge could offer - a completed clcman case.

How's that for an impossible premise?
Spoiler : Premise Evidence :
Also, Spybreak001 is involved in this. Hooray!
Oh yegods! The true impossibility! /j

Good luck with the shadow entry.
Thrower of bricks.

Co-host of the Into the Takumi-verse case compeition.

Stuff I've made in 2 weeks:
The Impossible Turnabout
Erinaceinae Griminance

Cases I have collabed on:
Don't Resort to a Turnabout (W.I.P)
Trucy's Magical Catastrophe
That time I got reincarnated as a fictional Defence Lawyer in An Ace Attorney fangame and had to defend myself against incredibly unfair odds.

Stuff I've made by myself that is good:
...maybe in the future.
clcman

Post by clcman »

Trybien wrote: Clcman finishing a case, quite fitting for impossible case comp.
A Less BASEic Turnabout Part 1 is now in beta. Stand by for further orders.

What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
skyem

Post by skyem »

Okay, just announcing that me and Spoon (spoonofdestiny, who is a different spoon to the one who already entered) are collabing.
ImageImageImage
NotButz

Post by NotButz »

Sorry to chime in late, but yes, Madoc and I are entering this case comp as a team. We started work on our entry a day after the alotted case comp starting date. We have been making good progress so far, with Madoc helping me with the specific details while I am doing... pretty much everything else, since Madoc has no internet access, or so he tells me. I look forward to other case comp entries.
Sonnie Celanna

Post by Sonnie Celanna »

Just to announce the same thing I mentioned on AACD for this comp, due to late assets I cannot join this comp despite having wanted to, so instead I will be the community servant this time around for anyone who needs something like playtesting but is unable to get people to, i am now available to help in that regard instead of committing to anything else.
S. Cel :april: :pearlhappy:
Super legenda
Spoken languages: Español e Ingles

Post by Super legenda »

Content warning for The Turnabout that Never Was.

It will feature a single "F Bomb", super hidden away and most players won't ever see it.
XavierWright

Post by XavierWright »

Guess I'm gonna do a late entry, but a question before I do.

If my entry is based in the universe of a previous case of mine, yet knowledge of the previous case in question is not required to understand the story, is that allowed?
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

XavierWright wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:53 pm Guess I'm gonna do a late entry, but a question before I do.

If my entry is based in the universe of a previous case of mine, yet knowledge of the previous case in question is not required to understand the story, is that allowed?
Well Human Rights did this and won, so you should be fine.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
XavierWright

Post by XavierWright »

Ight then, sign me up.
Super legenda
Spoken languages: Español e Ingles

Post by Super legenda »

After wondering if I was showing too many hypeshots in the server, and really wanting to show this, I did best of three with a coin flip and... well, here's the image.
Spoiler : :
¿Acid Rain?

Post by ¿Acid Rain? »

Yeah, alright, I'm in. Can't guarantee I'll finish the thing, but I think I can get at least half of it framed in two-and-a-half months. Fingers crossed.

In the meantime, I guess, you can try and figure out what the hell this is supposed to be.
clcman

Post by clcman »

XavierWright wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:53 pm If my entry is based in the universe of a previous case of mine, yet knowledge of the previous case in question is not required to understand the story, is that allowed?
The rules permit independent sequels and prequels, just not "an episode in a series of other cases." This is so that a) judges don't feel pressured to play additional cases to understand the entry and b) entrants don't get an unfair advantage by being able to lean on piles of additional work that was done before the comp was announced.

If your case will work fine for someone who has never played its related cases, then it's good, even if someone who has played the others will enjoy it more. You can have references and callbacks to those cases, but to win the comp, the entry needs to be able to defeat all the other entries on its own.
A Less BASEic Turnabout Part 1 is now in beta. Stand by for further orders.

What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

I am just going to take the GuardianDreamer approach and assume all entries are a part of a shared universe.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
applekitty

Post by applekitty »

¿Acid Rain? wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:45 pm Yeah, alright, I'm in. Can't guarantee I'll finish the thing, but I think I can get at least half of it framed in two-and-a-half months. Fingers crossed.

In the meantime, I guess, you can try and figure out what the hell this is supposed to be.
Scary stripper pole...
ImageImageImage